Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

YSL Love / Updates

Seeing threads for lots of other lovely brands, with my love for YSL growing, I found it only fitting to start a YSL Love / Updates thread (if I missed an existing one, please let me know)!

Please feel free to share any updates about the brand, reviews, YSL looks,  or general love you feel like sharing 🙂

Dangerous Seduction Couture Palette - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

NMC240Y_mz.jpg

Mon Paris - Nordstrom Exclusive

_13090600.jpg

New Vinyl Lip Creme14052360_536238183232026_500020802_n.jpg

Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks - new releases to match Vinyl Creme

14027163_1611210672505711_832199408_n.jpg

HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW

original (10).jpg

Re: YSL Love / Updates

Just in case anyone was dying to know what I look like in Rouge Remix ... 😉

IMG_4972.jpg

I like the wear of this one much more than Rouge Vinyle. I wore a liner all over my lips and that seems to make the color last longer. It also dried down to a stain better upon blotting than Vinyle, which mostly blotted off completely.

Wow, @TKLJ! I love the color on you. I wanted to tell you, your skin looks glowing & beautiful!!! 

Thank you, @bem564. I chalk up my skin's glow half to this mask I used from Ulta that has a cupcake on the package (Decadence? Obvs I only bought it for the photo of cake) and half to my older phone's lens (it's like a built-in filter!). And if I pose in this particular spot in the right light, the sun hits me just right. Er, I mean, I woke up like this!

Rubbish! You are a total knockout all the time! No filter even needed. This cupcake mask sounds like a treat! Have you tried the Cupcake face mask from Lush? I haven't yet, but the thought of cupcake on my face is heaven! @TKLJ

I haven't, because visiting my local Lush gives me a panic attack. So small! So crowded! So many SAs seemingly doing nothing and yet certainly not helping me! 😉

I just looked in my empties trash pile and it's Biobelle's #Decadence mask. It was fun, if a bit gimmicky. And it's the only sheet mask I've used where the directions said to wash off the excess serum left on your face. Weird. @bem564

I like fun. Even if it's gimmicky. I know what you mean about Lush. I felt panicky the first few times I went in. I asked the Manager to give me a tour and explain the store setup. After that, I feel much less overwhelmed and know where my favorites are. I can easily get in and out, which I'd rather do when stores are cramped. @TKLJ

217 and 214.  214 is more pink on me than it looks swatched.

These are so pretty!

ysl 214.jpg

I like the one on the left!

@jesscheems I prefer that one but they're both so pretty!

On you I'm sure they are!! You pull of these sorts of shades so well!! ❤️ @meganlisa

I was also sent two Vinyl Cream stains, although there was a delay in me receiving them. That's meant that I've been eagerly awaiting them because it seems everyone else really liked them. Thank you for thinking of me, Sephora and YSL! 🙂

I've only tried 401 Rouge Vinyle so far; I'll wear 402 Rouge Remix tomorrow.

IMG_4911.jpg

Immediately after application. So much glossier than I'm used to! I look a bit dour because I was photographing in a rush before errands. Like others have said, it stayed tacky until blotted. It also bled a teensy amount, although not enough to bother me (but I would rec a lip liner for other reasons below). I'm not that big a fan of applying product with a brush, but this is a good one. 

IMG_4916.jpg

After eating.

TOP: After lunch. It almost came completely off except for the outside edges, leaving me with this unflattering look.

MIDDLE: I attempted to salvage it with some cherry Chapstick—something I carry every day and would not require precise application or extra time to apply, thereby defeating the whole point of the ease of a stain. As you can see, the Chapstick helped some, but the dreaded "lipliner mouth" is still present.

BOTTOM: After seeing that just adding Chapstick wouldn't cut it, I wiped my lips clean and applied liner (something I very, very rarely do), then applied the stain. This photo is after dinner and with Chapstick applied. It's still not perfect, but it's much better than the overly outlined looks.

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get a better staining effect like others did after eating. I ate how I always do when I wear lipstick, and most lipsticks will hold up much better—and they don't claim a 10-hour wear time. Wearing a liner all over my lips seemed to help keep the color better, or else the cream stain disappeared and the only color left was liner. Either way, while it certainly doesn't look perfect, it looks better with liner than without. I'm curious to try Remix tomorrow. 

Anonymous Insider

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with how this appears after eating.  I like that you experimented with the liner.   The photos help a bunch.  Really appreciated!

@Anonymous You're welcome! I'm glad I could help. I think liner is definitely key, and maybe even color. Remix lasted on me much better than Vinyle.

The shade is lovely on you!!!  Love!

I can't make lipstick last the way some can.  Mine stained but didn't last forever.

image.jpegMore LE packaging (usual colors). This time sparkles and stars! From Nordstrom. 

Anonymous Insider

What shade is this? I cannot see the tying directly below the picture. It looks beautiful!

Rose stiletto. It is out of stock at Sephora but Nordstrom has it. Sephora has all the other colors. 

I was glad to see they did this color, usually it is red, orange, fuchsia and nude. 

I was impressed with the vinyl creams so I picked up a few more - 406 (left) and 408 (right)

image.jpeg

408 is such a lovely color!  Kind of unexpected but mellow. 

Thanks Mich!  I quite like it; it's like a glossy version of one of my fave coral lippies 😄

2 Replies
testing