Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

YSL Love / Updates

Seeing threads for lots of other lovely brands, with my love for YSL growing, I found it only fitting to start a YSL Love / Updates thread (if I missed an existing one, please let me know)!

Please feel free to share any updates about the brand, reviews, YSL looks,  or general love you feel like sharing 🙂

Dangerous Seduction Couture Palette - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

NMC240Y_mz.jpg

Mon Paris - Nordstrom Exclusive

_13090600.jpg

New Vinyl Lip Creme14052360_536238183232026_500020802_n.jpg

Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks - new releases to match Vinyl Creme

14027163_1611210672505711_832199408_n.jpg

HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW

original (10).jpg

Re: YSL Love / Updates

I just picked up 401 Rouge Vinyl as a celebration gift to myself (my proposal was accepted for time on a very highly-subscribed telescope) and omg, it is quite possibly the most beautiful red I've ever worn!

The formula is top notch: creamy, smooth, and even. I can't wait to test out the wear in one of my planetarium shows (talking, non-stop, for an hour)!

Agree that it's gorgeous.  I'm so thrilled with mine and the wear is just amazing.  I'm now back into reds!

New YSL matte lipstick in 217 Nude Trouble. Looks pink to me!  I was wearing all corals and peaches so don't match but had to try the new lipstick.  I also posted this on the lipstick thread.

ysl nude.jpgysl nude 2.jpg

@meganlisa would you be able to swatch this shade next to other similar shades?  It looks stunning on you!  I'm trying to be very cognizant of not adding colors to my lipstick collection if I have similar ones.

Did you pick up any other shades?  I'm still thinking of 214 (wood on fire).....I'm so drawn to the name and color! 

@Elles117 I got 214 but it's still in the mail.  I'll swatch it when I get it and tag you.  I'll also find some like shades and do a comparison swatch, and tag you too.  I can't do it now.  Deadline on something. But I will get to it tomorrow if not today.

This is so pretty!

Thank you!  And no rush 🙂

Your swatches and photos are always super helpful for me because my skin tone and hair color are very similar to yours.

Here they are....in slightly different light.  I think of them all as soft pinks but you can see how different the undertones and finishes are.  The first one was a mis-grab; got the wrong lipstick and didn't realize until I opened the photos.  From top down.

Tom Ford twist of fate

Tom Ford Virgin rose

UD Backtalk

YSL 217

Guerlain Rouge G Merveilleux Rose (holiday 2015)

and Tatcha Sunrise

Hope that helps!  I'll think of others maybe...

y1.jpgy2.jpg

Thank you!!

it's super pretty on you!

@Kelizabethr07 Thanks!  It's such a lovely shade but not fully matte!

image.jpegimage.jpegGorgeous new YSL LE palettes

snake print one Neiman Marcus exclusive, Mon Paris at Nordstrom to coincide with new perfume release

Thank you @lipstick4soul! I need to update this post 🙂

OMG!  That Mon Paris palette is so lovely!  Unfortunately, I just don't see enough color payoff from the YSL palettes to justify buying this. 😞

They both look amazing 😍

Sidenote: i sniffed the YSL perfume today. It was not my thing - way too sweet. It reminds me of some of the sweeter Guerlain perfumes.

I love the Mon Paris perfume!  Haven't purchased yet, but I've been spritzing every time I see it in the store.  I think it smells a lot like Flowerbomb.

I have just returned from a long vacation and finally get to play with these! thank you Sephora and YSL for selecting me for this extremely generous gift.

image.jpeg

I received 401 & 402, and am testing out 401 today. It has a light pleasant berry scent and the color is a lovely...almost chameleon red. In the tube and on the applicator, it appears to be a true red, when I was applying, I noticed some warmth. However, in cleanup, I noticed a hint of pink / a blue base.

image.jpeg

Cleanup? Yes! While the color is lovely, formula hydrating, and pigmentation insane, I found initial application to be difficult and uneven. However, about an hour in - things seem to have settled nicely :).

image.jpeg

Love the shade on you!  Love!!!

You got an elusive gratis!  This is a good one, too.  Very pretty!

Thanks @wheeeee!

Wow! Congrat @Libellules. Very pretty!

Thanks @blackkitty2014!

4 Replies
testing