Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

YSL Love / Updates

Seeing threads for lots of other lovely brands, with my love for YSL growing, I found it only fitting to start a YSL Love / Updates thread (if I missed an existing one, please let me know)!

Please feel free to share any updates about the brand, reviews, YSL looks,  or general love you feel like sharing 🙂

Dangerous Seduction Couture Palette - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

NMC240Y_mz.jpg

Mon Paris - Nordstrom Exclusive

_13090600.jpg

New Vinyl Lip Creme14052360_536238183232026_500020802_n.jpg

Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks - new releases to match Vinyl Creme

14027163_1611210672505711_832199408_n.jpg

HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW

original (10).jpg

Re: YSL Love / Updates

Vinyl Cream Stains!!!  Sephora August 1?  I got two from Sephora in the mail, 401 and 402, along with a nice letter and box.  

401 is a red, hints of pink and cranberry depending on the lighting.  On me it looks like a slightly pink based red, deep and richly colored.  402 is a coral, poppy sort of color.  A little more orange than red but also deeply pigmented and super gorgeous.  YSL never disappoints with their shades.  I just got these (today) so am still testing the formula  (and will do a video in a few days after I've fully tested them out).  They remind me of the Pur Couture glossy stains with some Kiss and Blush mixed in (greater opacity, though sheen not matte, and deeper pigmentation even...shockingly).  So far, they haven't dried down on me completely.

What I really like is blotting them, even though they're so gorgeous as naturally applied.  I get this soft, vibrant, smudgy stain look.

Gorgeous!

And for those wondering how these products appear on some people's doorsteps (the question seems to get asked frequently) it's from BT participation, especially with respect to the brand doing the promotion.

Thank you Sephora and YSL.  This brand is among my absolute favorites!  And they're lovely.

ysl1.jpegysl2.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for posting these.  I've been eagerly awaiting them since they were announced on the YSL site.  

Wish I was also chosen to receive these from Sephora, but I don't post here often. (Trying to stay away from temptation since I keep buying more and always swatch when close to a display lol 🙂

Looking forward to everyone's reviews!

@Anonymous I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's reviews as well!

I definitely buy more the more I'm on BT.  All that temptation is more than I can resist!!!

These look like really creamy intense colors! And as always the YSL packaging is top notch. Not that we buy lipsticks for the packaging, but....;)

Sometimes...

Super intense.  Impressively so!  I'm enjoying them so far!

The red one looks really pretty and I'm really liking the black packaging. It has a very sexy bedroom vibe going on. 🙂

I didn't think of that (the sexy bedroom vibe) but love the concept!  

These colors are gorgeous! Ohhh, I hope I get the same shades! Can't wait for mine to arrive. Hurry up, Mr. Postman! Hurry up! 😄

Can't wait to see your review video!

@lyravega I'm so curious to hear what shades you get and what you think! 

They're so pretty on (IMO).  Video in a couple of days, once I've had a little time with them.

We're lucky!

Congrats @meganlisa 🙂 They are your colors 🙂

@dioradict Thanks!  I do really appreciate it, and the shades.  And you know how I am about YSL.

Happy Thursday!

Oh my gawd, what a lovely gift. I'm so happy for you. The colors are scrumptious, I can't wait for your review video 🙂

I'm especially loving 402.  I don't do enough orange based reddish shades (I just decided...).  

I'm getting to know these today!  And it is a wonderful gift.  Feeling a little blessed!

I know what you mean. Until 6 months ago or so I would only wear rose or dark reds, I had never considered even light red. Now I'm so in love with orange toned lips and cheeks, it's surprising. 

Spoiler

@DaintyDiva You and me both.  I tried the oranges from the D&G summer collection and just love them.  But that's carrying over to the orange reds too.  A whole new category to want!

Congrats! Those are gorgeous!

Thanks!  I have a weakness for YSL too.  Seems like I can't say no to the brand!

I'm excited!! Sephora also offered to send these to me!

402 looks like a perfect dupe for the bright coral red from Mirenesse (Seoul I think)? I LOVED the colour but the lip cream never dried and was a hot mess especially if I ate something (red lipstick on teeth, NOT a good look).

I was hoping to receive #407 Carmin Session because it was a super gorgeous mauve purple when I swatched it in store but I will be happy with whatever Sephora sends me 😄

My (short) experience with them is also that they don't dry down...but they do stain even after the product is gone. I wiped 3 swatches away from my hand after a few minutes, and all 3 left a nice coloured stain that survived all the way through multiple hand washings  during the day until I finally cleansed my face with facial oil and the oil took the stains off.

I saw these in store last week, I wonder why the release for the US is later than Canada?

The packaging is SO sleek, I love the all black case!

@k617 Can't wait to see them on you!  I can absolutely see these shades working on you!

I was told not to post a review before August 1 so assumed that was the release date.  So far, so lovely!

Agree on the packaging.

Oh wow, really? I looked in my UPS account and there was the tracking for the shipment and mine's not supposed to be here until August 3 so I guess I'll be good! 😄

I do hope I get the same shades, you can't go wrong with red! Although I'd say this range has fairly tame colours. The only one I might be a little bit iffy on is the bright orange.

This might be the first time in history where a non-Canadian exclusive product was released in Canada before the US! I tried to look for this product on the US site and could not find it, however, as per my post below from July 9 it's been available online for us since then! 😄

Amazing that you've had them so long!  The YSL site has also had them, but not Sephora (I've been looking).

I really like the shades I got.  Perfect for this time of year.  I like the vibrancy.  I'm so curious to see other shades!

testing