Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

YSL Love / Updates

Seeing threads for lots of other lovely brands, with my love for YSL growing, I found it only fitting to start a YSL Love / Updates thread (if I missed an existing one, please let me know)!

Please feel free to share any updates about the brand, reviews, YSL looks,  or general love you feel like sharing 🙂

Dangerous Seduction Couture Palette - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

NMC240Y_mz.jpg

Mon Paris - Nordstrom Exclusive

_13090600.jpg

New Vinyl Lip Creme14052360_536238183232026_500020802_n.jpg

Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks - new releases to match Vinyl Creme

14027163_1611210672505711_832199408_n.jpg

HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW

original (10).jpg

Re: YSL Love / Updates

Any news about release of the Vinyl Cream Stains in any other store than YSL's online? I am missing my HG glossy stains too much!

I already see them on Sephora Canada, I'd be very surprised if it's not also up on the US site. Or is that a different product?

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-pur-couture-vernis-l-vres-vinyl-cream-P410743?keyword=ysl%20cream%20sta...

clearly we know by now that they are also on Sephora US. My question was based on the fact that the "traditional" glossy stains are being slowly discontinued on the US Sephora website, but are fully stocked on the Canadian one.

Glad to see they came to the US with the newer line too.

Sephora has pulled the Vinyl Couture mascaras from in-store, and I see they are off the website as well. A YSL rep was in the YSL section, and she said it was a "quality control" issue. 

Actually, the recall wasn't due to inconsistent formula. YSL has a high level of quality control and there were two reported instances where people reported eye irritation (not in Canada and not severe irritation). This meant it didn't stand up to their standards and they issued a world wide recall. It is coming back soon once the formula has been tweaked.

I actually asked the Sephora YSL rep about safety, 'cause that was my first thought (for a product with such a heavily promoted release to be entirely pulled seemed so odd to me). I asked if it was due to it flaking into peoples eyes and hurting them...? The YSL rep met my eyes, pursed her lips, gave a slight nod, then looked away. I took that as a yes.

I hadn't heard of the two reports of irritation.

LeeLeeBk, that could be what is causing the irritation? I work for YSL and what we were told was regarding the irritation. Especially if it was the gold or silver, those ones seemed to flake like crazy. I kept my blue one and black one because I love them (I think I am the minority here haha) and they don't flake, but when I tried the silver and gold, boy those did. 

It was pulled from all stores. To tell the truth I expected this would happen.

Yeah, I knew it was all stores when talking to the rep. Why did you think it would happen...?

@LeeLeeBk Because it's a very inconsistent formula. YSL is trusted as high quality and something like that can damage their reputation.

Most people hated it and returned it, including me, and I never return anything. My review from May 17 is at the bottom of this page - or the next page by now.

Thank you DaintyDiva. I was just surprised by the recall because my sample of Vinyl Couture was lovely. So, so glossy, & such a deep true carbon black. But I read your review,  & now see that inconsistency. What you were given was not bright purple! And everything else, they're right to pull.

@LeeLeeBk I think you read Sabrinas review. My review (a bit down further) was about the hazel shade, it was a beautiful color but clumpy and flaky, with fall out throughout the day. Also Mochapj wrote about the silver color that looked like dandruff. 

Yep, these mascaras just sucked! They were so fun to look at, but in action they were very poor 😞

I wonder if anyone could tell me how is the Blush Volupte formula? I don't think I ever tried it. My favorite blush formulas are the Armani Cheek Fabric Sheer Blush followed by Burberry Light Glow. I'm not a fan of the formula on MJ or Nars (please don't throw rocks at me, I'm not saying they are bad, just not my favorites). I would like to know where the YSL Blush Volupte stands near these others.

@DaintyDiva, I have the Blush Volupte in shade #1. It is my favorite blush, and I have not purchased any other brands since discovering it. It applies like a dream, smooth, silky and pigmented...staying put all day. In fact, it still looks great even after 8 hours of wear. 

@angel7594 Thank you for the info, that's exactly what I'm looking for in a blush.

I'm planning on getting the shade #7 soon. I have hopes it's a similar shade to Armani's #305, but for less than half the price - if you consider both cost $48 but the YSL contains 31 oz against 14 oz of the Armani. Not to mention YSL's package is sleeker and prettier imo 🙂

@DaintyDiva, I love the packaging as well!! 😍 I have had mine for over a year, yet there is still 75% of the product left. I think it is a great value for how long it lasts. Another thing I forgot to mention: it has no detectable fragrance, which I personally do not like in face products.

Here's my mini-review of the new YSL Vinyl Couture Mascara:

I was excited to try this mascara because my standing favorite has been the YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils. Since first using this new formula, it has quickly become my new favorite mascara. I have tried 'I'm The Clash' (black - deluxe sample) and 'I'm The Trouble' (bright blue - trial product from YSL & Influenster) and I intend to purchase 'I'm The Excitement' (green).

The formula is a wet mascara formula that is not prone to clumping (at least not with my light application method). There is a light scent as with all YSL mascaras, but it does not linger. It applies beautifully on the lashes and provides length and definition but does not provide volume. I liken it to the Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter Gel mascara, which many people did not like but I loved the look of. Vinyl Couture has a very similar application and appearance, but it is infinitely easier to remove compared to the MJ. The finish stays glossy and lashes remain soft to the touch. It is not remotely waterproof, so don't buy it with that expectation. Lashes appear natural but subtly defined -- exactly how I want my lashes to look! I would expect the formulations containing glitter or shimmer will perform differently, but I do not intend to try them. As far as the solid colors go, I love the formula more than any other mascara I have tried. YSL impresses again!

'I'm the Clash'

YSLVinylCouture_TheClash.JPG

'I'm The Trouble'

YSLVinylCouture_TheTrouble.JPG

I wish my "I'm the Craze" looked as vivid as your blue one. Please post if you get "I'm the Excitement." 🙂

@Gwenhwyfar I love how your lashes, lips, and outfit coordinate! What lip color are you wearing in the second photo with the blue mascara? I love it! 

Btw I was surprised to see you featured on Bite's IG that's awesome! Your page is so aesthetically pleasing you are uniquely beautiful 

Thank you so much, @Cupcakecandy! Your kindness warms my heart! 🙂 In the second photo, I am wearing Korres LipButter Gloss in 'Peach'. It was recently offered in a trio in the Sephora sale section.

2 Replies
testing