Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

YSL Love / Updates

Seeing threads for lots of other lovely brands, with my love for YSL growing, I found it only fitting to start a YSL Love / Updates thread (if I missed an existing one, please let me know)!

Please feel free to share any updates about the brand, reviews, YSL looks,  or general love you feel like sharing 🙂

Dangerous Seduction Couture Palette - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

NMC240Y_mz.jpg

Mon Paris - Nordstrom Exclusive

_13090600.jpg

New Vinyl Lip Creme14052360_536238183232026_500020802_n.jpg

Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks - new releases to match Vinyl Creme

14027163_1611210672505711_832199408_n.jpg

HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW

original (10).jpg

Re: YSL Love / Updates

image.jpeg

20% off from YSL Beauty direct on purchases of $75 or more. Use code PRIVATESALE

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 10.00.07 AM.png

Alright guys, I have disappointing news as well about the mascara.  I opened the aubergine and purple and right away saw that aubergine just looked black so I didn't even open it to try, I'll just return it to the store so they can sell to someone else.  As for the purple, it initially looked bright enough in the tube, but on my lashes it looks black unless close up in the light, and even then it's barely purple. Plus, the actual formula SUCKS.  I always use a primer with my mascaras which helps create volume and separation, but even with primer, this mascara sucked.  It didn't create any volume or length and it didn't separate well.  It just sucked, and I used two coats over my primer.  The photo attached shows "I'm the Craze" aka the purple one, in natural daylight.  IT'S BARELY PURPLE AND ADVERTISED AS BEING BRIGHT!  BOO!  Returning both! image1 (6).JPG

I have the purple one as well & you can't even see the purple on me. I agree with you, it definitely didn't lengthen or volumize on me. I even tried to apply it over another mascara to see if it would make the color pop, but that was a fail.  

@sabrinas I see what you mean, even though it's a beautiful color, it looks more navy than purple. Have you ever tried the YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils? The formula is pretty decent and the 'Purple 4' shade actually shows bright purple on my lashes.

http://www.sephora.com/mascara-volume-effet-faux-cils-luxurious-mascara-P393427?skuId=1120732&icid2=...

I think the color actually looks really pretty on you... but it's not an ultra vibrant color the way they show the blue and green on Cara in the ads. If you wanted an ultra vivid color, I can definitely see why it would be disappointing (not even taking into account the formula). But similarly to the blacks and browns on the market, there isn't always a readily apparent substantial difference, but they do still look different and I think people would still notice that purple on you. 

That said, the terrible formula alone would be enough to return it, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise that the color is disappointing as well. If it were super bright, it would make it that much harder to return!

Well that is a bummer! I was going to pick up the purple one, hoping the color was vivid. Oh well, this is definitely a pass now 😞

Yikes.

Big time boo YSL 😕

I would like to update how disappointed I am on the Vinyl Couture mascara. I got it in Hazel and even though the color is stunning, the formula is one of the worse ever.

It's so thick and clumpy (one coat only!) and when you try to comb the clumps out with a lash brush, it just flakes all over your eyes and face 😞

I gave it two chances but it had to go back. Such a waste ... still sad about it. It was the most beautiful shade of brown I ever saw on a mascara.

Aw poop.  I have my aubergine and purple arriving today, I really really hope I can make them work! Otherwise, I hope saks has a good return policy lol.

Oh man, I'd been hoping the regular non glitter shades were better, but I guess not.  That sucks 😞

Tl; dr for those who didn't see my post about the silver one elsewhere - it sucks and looks like lash dandruff and took 5 coats to show up.

Man! I am disappointed as well. Hazel was on my radar for exactly that reason, but between your and @Mochapj's reviews of this formula I will have to pass.

Nice! Now if only ebates would go up 😛

New line of mascaras - Vinyl Couture - up for preorder on yslbeautyus [dot] com! GOLD ALERT PEOPLE - THERE IS A GOLD SPARKLE!

image.jpeg

"Revolutionary, intense, super shiny color for lashes. The patented mascara formula gives lashes length, volume, and curl with deep, saturated color like never before. Be the first to own this soon-to-be hit statement accessory. Available in 9 high impact colors

image.jpeg

AVAILABLE COLORS

Black

Aubergine

Green

Hazel

Blue

Pink

Purple

Dark Sparkle

Gold Sparkle.

***Use code VOLUPTE on orders of $75 or more for free sample of Volupte Tint In Oil.

Oh boy, I hope this one will actually show on the lashes - unlike that Tom Ford gold 'lash tips mascara' 😕 . Maybe I should wait for the reviews...

Edit: I just saw the pictures on the website, and it seems like even the gold one is a full coverage mascara. 

I loved how the used different colors for the upper and bottom lashes.

@DaintyDiva I'm not sure. I didn't pick up the Tom Ford, because I wasn't interested in the "tips." I'm hoping that the "vinyl" aspect means it is more pigmented?

The Tom Ford is worse than invisible, at least on me, it looked like I had some dirt stuck on my lashes 😄

I actually liked the TF gold tips 😞

But I found it worked best if I wore it over mascara.

@Mochapj I wore it over black mascara, but for me it didn't have enough pigmentation to show the gold. Maybe I got a dud or maybe I was expecting something different than what i was supposed to. But I would like to give this vinyl mascara a try before abandoning my dream of golden lashes 😄

@DaintyDiva NEVER abandon that dream 😄

12 Replies
testing