melisa16

Who wears makeup to the pool/beach?

I went to the pool and all the girls and women were wearing makeup. And I don't have perfect skin and I went without makeup and my friend was surprised I would so such a thing, but I was more shocked that she wearing concealer, foundation, and mascara. Any ladies out there who wear makeup to the pool/beach, what products do you use besides waterproof mascara and eyeliner? And am I crazy not to be wearing makeup there ahah

AlwaysGlamorous

Re: Who wears makeup to the pool/beach?

(0) Hearts

I feel you on the goopiness. I got the Kate Somerville Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen about a month ago and it actually does absorbs quite quickly. If you are ever looking for a non-goopy, straight sunscreen, I highly recommend this product. 

swfupload_4796382259363458133.jpg

Spyski

All I can say is, get in the water! Put that foundation bottle down, your face will possibly end up looking like a melted ice cream cake by the end of the day. Concealer to hide blemishes? Saltwater is great for acne prone skin. Go ahead get your hair wet a little :smileyhappy:

lylysa

i'm totally guilty of being in make up, but never the same kind of look I would rock on a night out or a full face. I use my water resistant bronzer from Cargo, waterproof liner and mascara, use a waterproof cream shadow (I keep it subtle with nude, golds, and browns rather than brights), and a lipstain topped with SPF lip balm. That was my basic go-to look when I got to visit Hawaii, even snagged some offers for surf lessons! Haha!

kenny

(0) Hearts

*sheepishly puts hand up....

I only wear very minimal makeup. I don't have great skin so I like to use a bit of concealer. And a sometimes where a little bit of Waterproof liner and mascara, depending on what might be happening later in the day or such. I try to keep things very minimal though!

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

Don't feel sheepish! Sorry if my post comes across as harsh. I just want everyone to feel confident enough to go makeup free for a couple hours!

AlwaysGlamorous

I, too, don't have perfect skin and don't wear makeup to the pool. Firstly, I greatly dislike the feeling of melting makeup on my face or sweating with makeup on while in the sun. EW! I also played water polo for years so I don't care what anyone says, you are not going to go swimming or play around, splashing in a pool without completely messing up your eye makeup--you will enter the pool a human and emerge a raccoon. In summary, it's pretty pointless unless you make a point to stay in the shallow end and not get your head wet.

Besides, I've always thought I was going to meet the love of my life at an airport NOT a pool party so if you ever see an extra glamorous girl at the airport.....

LolaVal

Heehee I love it that you are extra glamorous at the airport!  I always try to look nice at the airport too - not because I think that I will meet the love of my life (I'm already married to him) but because I always seem run into old acquaintances or business associates whenever I'm at the airport and I hate to have them tell everyone that I looked like a slob when they ran into me.  I really do believe that you can meet a lot of interesting people at the airport... and it can be very romantic!!!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I only wear minimal make up 1-2 x per week and won't do it if I'm exercising or swimming, so no, you are not crazy. It depends on the crowd you hang out with. My high school friends in Texas can't live without make up for a single day, my Boston college friends know all the basics and wear some make up but are comfortable without, and my rural CT grad friends rarely wear more than 2 or 3 products on their face and don't know more than 5 brands for cosmetics.

I'm in engineering, so my friends gets nerdier as you level up and that might influence it. It also depends on the culture, cuz I'm recently into kpop, which also comes with me browsing about Korean skincare/cosmetic/culture and from all the forums/blogs I've seen, it's blasmephous to walk outside without any make up on (in Korean cities, I'm sure the farmers don't wear them to tend to cows).

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I normally don't wear makeup to the beach unless I know I'm going somewhere right after or it's a beach party gathering. Even then I always keep it relatively light with just a BB cream (they have SPF too which is great for days out in the sun), mascara, and black liner. Occasionally I'll sweep on some blush too. I always bring a lip balm with me too to avoid getting wind chapped lips. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing makeup to the beach, but my biggest fear has always been having it run or getting splotchy; which is why I generally skip shadow. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • melisa16
    • marinaanne147