melisa16

Who wears makeup to the pool/beach?

I went to the pool and all the girls and women were wearing makeup. And I don't have perfect skin and I went without makeup and my friend was surprised I would so such a thing, but I was more shocked that she wearing concealer, foundation, and mascara. Any ladies out there who wear makeup to the pool/beach, what products do you use besides waterproof mascara and eyeliner? And am I crazy not to be wearing makeup there ahah

kyle1100

Re: Who wears makeup to the pool/beach?

I have seen this mostly in the South Florida area. I live in NC and it gets very humid here in the Summer so finding waterproof products has been a must so that even day to day forget the pool my makeup doesn't end up a mess! What I have found is that you can use a bit of tinted moisturizer with SPF then I apply a powder sunscreen through out the day. I like Peter Roth's or Colorscience and the "clear" works great, no color and no white residue it just sinks into your skin, good stuff really works. I use Make up Forever Aqua pencils and eyeliners and they work great! I think because they are made for Professionals? But either way they work. I haven't found any mascaras that stay on in the wet, or very humid conditions so I opt for no mascara a bit more eyeliner to define and compensate and your good to go. When I do go to Florida to visit my friends I usually bring my own small towel to try to blot throughout the day and then apply more powder sunscreen.

You kinda need to decide if your going to the pool to relax and enjoy or want to be a big more high maintenance ; ) I forgot to mention I also have very sensitive skin and have not had one issue with any of the products I mention above. Good Luck!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

roxystar4----I don't always wear all natural sunscreen because none of them are waterproof and that just doesn't suit at the beach/pool/waterpark/lake etc here in blazing triple digit summer heat but I do use physical sunscreen instead of chemical sunscreen meaning that the active ingredient is usually zinc oxide or titanium dioxide which doesn't break me out like chemical sunscreens do.

:smileyvery-happy:

serioustree

(0) Hearts

I've seen that before and I think it's personal preference. I just hope that if you do, make sure it's all waterproof since its awkward seeing someone's face melt off once they take a dip. Haha 

poppyh

(0) Hearts

For me, it's just sunblock and a lip gloss with SPF. It's usually so hot, that I don't want foundation melting down my face or clogging my pores; ditto for mascara. Between the heat, socializing, swimming and wearing sunglasses, I don't need blush or mascara. At the pool or beach, I think a bare face is sexier.

nanobear18

my response to this question makes me seem paranoid...lol. but basically, I always need to have a full, unobstructed view of my surroundings so that is something happens or someone creepy comes up, I am alerted and I can get help...I swear I'm not one of those people who prepares for the end of the world...lol. anyways, because of this...lets call it a fetish, because of this fetish, it's hard for me to go underwater, since then I can't see above me, so even when I do go to the pool/beach, I hardly ever put my head underwater ( unless I am at my grannie's pool- old people are safe, lol ) so I do wear eyeliner, but not face makeup since I don't really like wearing face makeup since then I cant reapply sunscreen. wow I rambled, goodnight/good morning/good afternoon, I promise I will shut up now :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@latinadiva- You shouldn't feel bad for wearing makeup I think it's all individual preference and isn't  wrong one way or the other. I do it to.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Depends on who I'm with. If its my family, heck no, bare face it is! With friends/party I might wear bare minimum- some tinted SPF lip balm, waterproof mascara, benetint on cheeks, MAYBE some TM if I don't plan on getting in the water. I can't stand getting makeup on towels! I also like to have the option of reapplying sunscreen on my face if I feel like I've rubbed some off, and having face makeup on makes that more difficult.

sephoramusthave

I usually go bare faced BUT here's the thing: My favorite waterproof sunscreen that has a high enough SPF and doesn't break me out or irriates my skin leaves a WHITE cast that's super obvious so I do dust on a bit of bronzer to hide that cast. Otherwise, nothing.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@sephoramusthave do you wear an all natural sunscreen? :smileyhappy:

marinaanne147

I personal don't wear makeup to the pool or beach mostly for fear of it coming off/smudging/melting! You are not crazy!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I wear it if we're on vacation and we've been somewhere that day and we decide to go to the beach later on that day because I don't want to take the time to take it off before we go and it serves as an extra SPF to the SPF that I put on when we actually get to the beach.

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

I think for me it definitely depends. If I'm going to a pool party where I'm most certainly going to go under the water and get my face/hair wet I probably won't wear any makeup unless I'm 100% sure it's waterproof and I won't have raccoon eyes. Even then at the very most I'd wear a lip balm with SPF, mascara, and maybe a water resistant cheek color to look a little more lively. If I'm going to the beach, I don't usually go in the water, or if I do by some chance I usually don't end up getting my hair/face wet. In those situations I might add in a BB/CC cream with SPF, waterproof liner, and maybe a shimmery waterproof cream shadow. If anything I think the most important thing is to protect my skin from the sun, and then if I can make myself look a little more polished without trying to hard, why not?

ChicDabbler

Oh party's a different matter. If it's a beach/pool side party/BBQ, then I may put a couple things on. =]

If it's just swimming, then nothing for me. Honestly I'm fine with my friends wearing make up or no make up, as long as they don't pester me to do one or the other.

roxystar4

@beautytester : I feel the same way :smileyhappy:

melissabt

(0) Hearts

I think it depends on each persons preference. I don't like wearing too much make up. An SPF BB Cream, some cream blush or bronzer and a bit of mascara. 

<3 Melissa
brittieeee

(0) Hearts

I wear a light makeup routine - BB Cream (used to be full-one foundation) and waterproof mascara.  But my must haves are  of course sunscreen and BIG Sunglasses!

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

I'm afraid I'm also one of those women wearing makeup to the pool/beach.  I normally wear tinted moisturizer with SPF, under eye concealer, a little blush, and a lip balm with SPF.  I haven't dared to wear mascara or eyeliner because I don't know what the salt water will make my eyes look like.  However, I may give it a try this summer since a lot of ladies here wear them without any problems.

mafan

(0) Hearts

Wear what you want. If I know my plan is to be in the water, that is probably nothing but sunscreen. If plans are flexible, then waterproof mascara and eyeshadows, and that's just because I discovered I like eye shadow. 

Many of the women in my office (engineers and managers) wear almost no makeup or none at all. I can't imagine them wearing something in the water. It isn't just you. 

melisa16

(0) Hearts

I didnt mean it as a mean post to anyone who does. I would just be worried that concealer or the foundation would come off more places on one side compared to the other. But by what everyone is saying, it's all very neutral and cream based products. Thanks girls!

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

I actually got made fun of by several friends for "wearing makeup" to the beach, which i hardly feel i do. i legit curl my lashes (just because I am **bleep** about them being so darn poker straight, so if I don't have liner/mascara on I'd like them to look REMOTELY normal) and I put on a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. My reasoning for that being that I use one with SPF because I genuinely don't like the feeling of sunscreen on my face. It's just too thick and goopy and it makes me feel so disgusting. That is all I wear and I get picked on just for that!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • melisa16
    • marinaanne147
    • poppyh
    • nanobear18