Answer
perm
White Bumps On Lipsticks?? Is it mold or what??!

i noticed that there were little white bumps on some of my lipsticks and have no idea if it's just old or its oxidation from a chemical reaction due to weather change.  I'm afraid to use my lipsticks because I don't know what it is.  I didn't know if it's mold growing on it, but it looks unpleasant.  

I even compared my oldest lipstick (about 2 years old but still barely used) and it doesn't have anything.  It looks new.  Then the ones that have the little bumps were just bought less than a year.  I don't know what to do.  HELP!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
kssweetheart
Answered

Hi perm - me again. I'm so anxious to find out what the deal is with your lipstick, it's become a bit of an obsession, I hope you come back and tell me/us what the story is with that, you can PM me, don't know if I said that b4, I'm not always good at keeping up with all of the various threads.

BTW, I went through every lipstick I own and have never seen anything like that. Let me tell you, I've got some OOOOOLD Lipsticks, embarassingly old lipsticks. There are many discontinued that I just love and haven't been able to duplicate, and I'm in search of a website that I used to know, they are very reputable and can match virtually any lipstick ever made. Only problem is there are so many new, different ones I want, guess that 'web-site' that I'm 'looking so hard for' may be just an excuse to keep those oldies, for memories. So there are the Faves for whatever reason and then there are the Memory Ones, the Trophy Ones, and the ones with specific guys names permanently attached to them, some happy, some sad. Just can't get rid of them. I'm even wondering if some are as old as you are! I was 5 years old when I started with my lips, not. But, none the less, they're old. Hope you had a nice T-day and wonderful weekend.

perm
(0) Hearts
hehe hey! yeah there's not much that I found out about it. I went through my other lipsticks that I haven't touched in awhile and some of them do have these little white bumps. The brands that had them were Maybelline, Forever21, and Illamasqua. I can't find an answer anywhere and I have even emailed the companies. None have yet to reply. I gave up. I just threw those lipsticks away because I'm scared it will give me a rash on my lips lol.
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 24 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • perm
    • norky
    • beautytester
    • kssweetheart
    • makeupobesessed