redhead85

Which UD Naked palette?

I can't decide which Naked palette to try. I have dark red (almost auburn) hair, brown eyes, and very fair skin. I usually wear a peachy blush.

I never know whether to wear warm eye makeup (which would go with my hair) or cool eye makeup (which would make my brown eyes pop) so it's a conundrum. I wear a lot of bright colored clothing so I feel like my makeup should be neutral.

Which palette would provide more neutral, wearable, go with everything looks for someone with my coloring?

Thanks!

redhead85

Re: Which UD Naked palette?

(0) Hearts

I think I am pretty neutral, since my hair is what most would consider warm but my skin and eyes would be considered cool. I look better wearing warm colors, but I have recently been wearing a lot more blue and grey so who knows? My coloring is similar to Ellie Kemper or Molly Ringwald (dark red hair, brown eyes).

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Do you have cool or warm undertones? Those with cool undertones tend to favor the Naked 2, warmer tones love the first Naked. Both tend to look fantastic on everyone though :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
redhead85

Thanks! I am leaning towards 2 as I have tried warmer shades in the past and want something different. The taupey shades might be it.

emmaclaire

It can be really tricky if you have neutral undertones to figure out what's the most flattering - cool or warm shades.  Luckily, the answer is if you can wear both go for it!  I have neutral undertones but I found I lean slightly cool.  I have very fair skin (that's an understatement... I'm literally blank sheet of paper white), gold-toned blond hair, and light eyes, so I found that warm toned shadows tended to make me look like I had bruising or something around my eyes - or make me look sallow and weird.  It wasn't flattering!  Because of that, I've really loved the shades in the Naked 2 palette in general - although there are one or two warmer colors, most of them are very neutral or cool based.

Since both palettes are neutrals and since they are eyeshadows, I think the goal would be to make your eyes pop, right?  Cool tones won't clash with your hair color because they're still neutral, and if they emphasize your eyes particularly well, I'd say go with those!  So my vote is for Naked 2 for you!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • redhead85
    • janinebt