Cheer14

Where do you match your foundation? Neck vs Chest/other?

(0) Hearts

So I recently bought foundation that was matched to my face but its ivory and my skin is actually very tan. Although it blends perfectly into my face it makes me look like my face is white washed because my actual body is so dark. The lady who matched me however said that it would be a lot of work to get a color to match my body because then i would have to put it on my neck as well. Do any of you have this problem? Do you match your makeup to your face or chest/other? I have been struggling for weeks trying to find the right foundation and color.

LKuhle

Re: Where do you match your foundation? Neck vs Chest/other?

I knew I'd come in here to find someone recommending Lisa Eldridge. Her foundation videos are life changing.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

i like to match my foundation as close as possible to my neck

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

IVE FOUND THE ONLY REAL WAY IS TO TRY IT ON YOUR FACE !me.jpg

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

The chest seems to be better, even regarding undertone. I always go darker/ like peachy shades. If you put me in the shade that truly matches my face I would not be happy. But I don't apply heavily and I blend, and yes, definitely bronzer both to contour and to make everything flow. Basically you just don't want to be a "floating head" if the chest and face don't match.

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I'm very pale and cool-toned, but the redness and freckles on my face mean my complexion looks a shade or so darker than my neck.  I've taken to matching to my neck and using warm-toned foundations to correct the redness -- I've found it's the only way to make sure I don't have that dreaded foundation line on my jaw, since I don't have enough patience to blend down my neck.

jennypenny1995

Go watch Lisa Eldridge's video series on YouTube about selecting the perfect foundation.  She busts the myths of matching shades and getting the right one.  Brilliant woman!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the post! I just watched her video and it was great info about matching foundation.

jennypenny1995

You're very welcome!  She's brilliant, isn't she?

prosopon

(0) Hearts

It is amazing how simple the brilliant things are.  Everything she said was almost common sense/but of course/shouldn't be any other way, yet has been elusive to me for years.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Yep, it's amazing how many of us have gotten it totally wrong when it's really a simple concept.  Be sure to watch all of those vids in her series.  Great insight on brands she "approves" with her uber-magnifying mirror!

miabt

Hi Cheer14,

That's definitely a common problem!  My face is always a few shades lighter than my body :smileysad:  I typically go a shade warmer with my foundation & color match my jawline area.  I also use a little bit of bronzer to even it out, blending it around my hairline, down to my neck to make it look like I've got a nice tan going on. That should help you a lot :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • prosopon
    • jennypenny1995
    • miabt
    • lovelyred139