shyvicki

When to switch to spring makeup

I'm never for sure when when specifically to put away what I use in the fall and winter and bring out the colors I'm going to wear for spring and summer. First day of spring? Easter? Should I have it out already? I can't go by just weather because weather in Indiana is too crazy and chances are I'll still have to wear a sweater next month.

I have the same confusion as to when to go from summer to fall makeup as well.

jennypenny1995

Re: When to switch to spring makeup

(0) Hearts

Easter Sunday.  Then, switch out on Labor Day.  Otherwise, the changes aren't special anymore when they're blended into any month or any time.

sephoramusthave

See I'm opposite. I dont need a season to tell me when to wear certain colors. Colors shouldnt be limited to a certain season. If rules give you restrictions, then makeup isnt any fun.

shyvicki

(0) Hearts

Thanks, gals. I'm getting tired of my neutral eye shadows and am dying to get out my brighter shades. Besides, it *might* warm up next week.

sephoramusthave

Pffftttt....I've been wearing pastel shadows and bright lip colors since Feb. The weather here has been either super nice and sunny or cloudy/rainy, and that changes often. I've also been wearing really bright pants the last week or so. So its spring time for me!! Spring means COLOR, and I've been in a all natural/neutral rut for a very long time so yay!!

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Shyvicki-

I know what you mean! Where I live it's often foggy during summer/winter. I like to go by when magazines start mentioning spring looks. Also, when I start to see brands come out with spring palettes that's when I know its time to bring out my spring items.

<3 Melissa
lylysa

I say it's honestly up to you! There are no set in stone rules in beauty so feel free to make your own to suit your comfort level and needs! :smileyvery-happy:

As long as looks are well executed, then who cares if you're wearing mint green eye shadow when it's still kind of chilly out!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa