tessie84

What types of beauty products make you feel the most beautiful?

Another way to phrase this question is if you had to quickly get ready for the day, what types of products do you put on before you head out the door? Of those types of products, which brands are you favorites?

The products that make me feel the most beautiful are mascara, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil/mousse, and lipstick. I'm currently loving the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, the Tarte eyebrow mousse, and I use two liners: Stila's liquid eyeliner (top) and L'Oreal's gel eyeliner (bottom). A favorite lipstick? There are just so many good ones that's it's hard to choose, but I can say that I've been alternating lately between Bite's Pepper, YSL's Fuchsia in Excess, and Revlon's Hot Coral.

upload_1839510612151938842.jpg

upload_2013972156699812077.jpg

upload_3276841082466389803.jpg

upload_9216543604258377834.jpg

mdelrosario91

Re: What types of beauty products make you feel the most beautiful?

[ Edited ]

Concealer and brows!

I have a lot of redness on my cheeks, specifically on the part closest to the nose, so it looks weird. I use It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness to cover it up. It lasts all day on me, completely knocks out the redness and it matches my skin tone so much that I could just wear that. It also covers my acne scars! I LOVE IT! <3

Note: it covers my redness up so nicely that when I started wearing it for the first time, my boyfriend asked me if I was feeling okay. He said I looked pale! 

I cannot leave the house without doing my brows. Nope. Gotta do it. Once you start filling in your brows, you can't even imagine life without filling in your brows. Well, at least that's how it is for me! 

I use MAC Charcoal Brown because I prefer powder, and you get a lot more product (vs. Anastasia Brow Wiz). I use MAC Brun if I want my brows to be darker, but I have to be careful, because it can look really dark and harsh. I prefer Charcoal Brown everyday because it looks really natural with my brows. 

Askenjuri

(0) Hearts

I've always kept it simple.  Powder, mascara, and lipstick.  Covers all the bases, and gets me out in moments.

lately, I've been using CC creme or tinted moisture instead of powder, so that adds a minute or two!

GBean28

(0) Hearts

If I have less than 15 min to put on makeup, I would narrow my choice down to these items:

Using an eyelash curler & Mascara (any kind that I have readily available)

Quick swipe of Nars blush in Sin

Some kind of tinted lip balm, usually Fresh Sugar lip treatment in Rose or Dior Addict Lip Glow

Quick swipe of Guerlain Meteorites

And if I had a bit more time, I would add eyeliner and a BB or CC cream to that list.  I almost always use Stila's Stay All Day Eyeliner in Dark Brown.  Then I usually switch between Bobbi Brown's CC cream, Diorskin Nude BB Cream, or Too Faced tinted BB.

RandeeBT

I love the NARS blush in Sin! :heart: 

Best,
Randee
GBean28

(0) Hearts

It was the very first Nars blush I ever tried, and though I've purchased others from the same line, I end going back to that one since it looks more natural on me  :smileyhappy:

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]

What a great topic, tessie84! I have been loving Stila's Stay All Day Eyeliner as well! For me, my must have products for completing my look are:

1. Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Dark and Anastasia's Clear Brow Gel: Even if I am having a very bare face kind of days, these two products make me feel like my face looks more complete. 

2. Mascara and an eyelash curler! The mascara can vary, but if I don't curl my eyelashes first, I don't feel like my eyes look "complete". I love the Sephora Collection Eyelash Curler. I have it in emerald :smileywink:

3. A shimmery blush! Preferably something from NARS. I have quite a few blushes from NARS but my go to colors are Super Orgasm and Oasis. 

4. A BB Cream!  In the spring and summer, I wear BB creams most of the time. I've been trying out Ren's BB Cream for the last few weeks and I have been loving it.

5. Bronzer. My go to is Benefit's Hoola bronzer, but I really love Tarte's Park Avenue Princess too! I wear bronzer every day. I feel like my face looks so much healthier with a little bit of bronzer!

Best,
Randee
tessie84

I forgot to mention my Tarte tinted BB cream! Although I primarily wear it because it's hard to find a physical sunscreen that doesn't show up on my dark skin, it also does even out my skin quite well and mattifies a bit. I wear it everyday for sun protection. 

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

I love the Tarte Tinted BB Cream too! It's a great product. :smileyvery-happy:

Best,
Randee
dahlianoir

(0) Hearts

These are kind of my essentials to having a power day!:

1. Chanel Lipstick in (I forget the shade)! It's in my purse and too tired to grab it right now.

2. Givenchy Dahlia Noir Parfum

3. My Derek Cardigan Cat Eye glasses always make me feel better and sassier! 

4. Then any red lipstick. 

brennab

(0) Hearts

The products that make me feel most beautiful are:

1- Mascara ( Buxom Lash)

2- Blush (Hourglass Diffused Heat or Clinique Peach Pop)

3- Lip balm (Fresh Tinted Lip Treatment or Dior Lip Glow)

4- Perfume (MJ Daisy Summer or Viva La Juicy Noir)

<3

B

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

Since recently falling in love with Dior lippies, I find they are now my minimum. If I am bare-faced/eyed, I will at least have a Dior gloss or stick on. Or even just the Lip Glow balm stuff. I gotta at *least* wear that. (Even when I was off for surgery and there was the "no makeup no fragrance" rule, I snuck on my Dior Lip Glow... don't tell them!)

The packaging alone makes me feel fancy, even if no one sees it.

RandeeBT

That's awesome that you snuck in your Dior Lip Glow! A girl's gotta have nice looking lips, right? :smileywink: 

Best,
Randee
redwagon44

(0) Hearts

I have to have my eyebrows filled in. I've been filling them in every day since I was 12, and I feel that I don't even look like the same person without them, lol! 

But if I want to feel 'beautiful', I use one of my favorite perfumes. I've been working my way through a sampler set, but today I had to go back to my tried and true Chanel Mademoiselle because I know today is going to be rough at work, and this scent always makes me feel confident. 

http://www.sephora.com/coco-mademoiselle-P12495

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Coco Mademoiselle is one of the classiest, timeless fragrances. Even the bottle is gorgeous!

Best,
Randee
tessie84

(0) Hearts

I have to do my eyebrows everyday, too! My issue is that they've always been sparse and have become more so over time. They frame your face, so it's important. I'll even do them if I'm just walking my dog!

Zpsid91

I almost always put on waterproof mascara (usually Maybelline Falsies - it's amazing), concealer if I have any blemishes, and a spritz of my favorite perfume of the moment :smileyhappy: It's quick and easy and lasts through the day even if I get sweaty or rained on!

tessie84

(0) Hearts

I've been trying to decide what mascara to buy when my Too Faced one has to go -- I'll check out Falsies. Thanks!

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Mine would be mainly foundation.. It just gives me a nice evenly smooth canvas!

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

I have a pretty simple list....

1) eyeliner

2) lipgloss or lipstick, whatever color matches my outfit of the day (I happen to like Lancome's Juicy Tubes or Korres lipsticks. I like Burt's Bees tinted chapstick a lot ^^; cheap but effective and leaves a pretty color on my lips)

3) a little bit of blush

4) swipe of Guerlain meteorites

5) a spritz of perfume! :smileyhappy: Because perfume wakes me up and makes me feel happy <3

daisies121

[ Edited ]

Great question!  Lipstick for sure, especially a bold color like MAC's Lady Danger!  I always feel so glamorous putting it on and it brightens my whole face!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 40 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • sephoralovex
    • waterbaby1981
    • ry22
    • dolceloure
    • brennab