MintShake

What should I get?

[ Edited ]

This is rather a broad question, but I'm not sure what to get. I bought a couple of palettes so far, but I want to buy makeup products that I can use everyday (ok this is going to be hard to explain, but I'll try) (excluding the palettes I weren't so fond of) I basically have nothing. and I don't exactly know what makeups to get. I was thinking of purchasing palettes, um and eyeprimer, but I need some advice on what to get. ~

mityren

Re: What should I get?

I love the TRY IT kits. You can try different brands or a couple products from the same brand. I know Too Face has one right now as well as Smash box and there is a try it kit with tons of different brands of mascara. I have discover some really great brands that way.

sephoralovex

For a long lasting great primer i recommend Benefit's Stay Dont Stray or NARS eye primer. Maybe try some Benefit Kits? They offer ones with face products and others mixed with eye and lip products.

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

Ok - SO I actually always have this question myself, because I am on this sort of quest to find the most awesome products.

After trying way too many products, here are some of my faves, that I think would do pretty well universally:

Primer: Smashbox Photofinish original or hydrating

Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion!

Lip - NARS

Shadow - Do you like bolds or neutrals? Either way you can go with UD, but also, Dior 5 color eyeshadows are awesome

Concealer - Benefit Boi-ing

Tan/healthy glow - Becca perfect cream

Contour -With the help of a BA, I discovered that the cover fx cream foundation int he right colors can make a perfect contout that stays all day!

Finishing Powder - MUFE's HD microfinish powder - gives a great super-smooth finish

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Thanks that helps! :smileyhappy:

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

Feel free to ask further about specifics:smileyhappy:

MintShake

I think I want some eye palettes because eye sets always cost lesser than to buy the individual packs. 

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D!!!!

Of course, also Urban Decay, both Naked, oz, and actually, my fave is the build your own because you can choose the best shades + textures

MintShake

I love the Kate Von D palettes actually. They have nice color payoff, but I'm scared one of the colours are going to fall out of the pan. I also Like MAC but Sephora doesn't carry MAC cosmetics

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

I made my own Bobbi Brown pallet about three years ago, and its been through a lot and is still in mint condition. I don't know if its quality or luck...(The only thing is that you don't get a "pallet value" for it. )

MintShake

what about foundation? I was thinking of MUFE's starter kit

onomotopoeia9

I read the fabulous reviews about the foundation and I was so excited to get it but they didn't have my shade:smileysad: I swatched it and it feels awesome, though. So I settled with the Urban Decay naked, which is pretty good, but I still would rather the MUFE...

I actually use the  the microfinish powder it comes with daily - Its one of my favorite products, it finishes off the look with a texture that looks and feels beautiful. I also got a sample of the primer it comes with and its great competition with the smashbox hydrating primer.

onomotopoeia9

I actually was wondering recently why sephora doesn't carry mac... I used to go to mac, but its falling into the wayside as I got into the habit of one stop shops like sephora and ulta and beauty.com. I miss it :smileysad:

MintShake

I love MAC, but I only go to Sephora more because i can earn benifits and whatnot. I think Mac doesn;t like sephora 

MintShake

And I also made a specific list if you want me to include that in my discussion 

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • mityren