gatsby3

What's your favorite eye primer?

I'm finally running out of all my samples and will actually have to purchase some lol. I'm thinking of trying the NARS eye primer.

jobro1027

Re: What's your favorite eye primer?

Nars is my favorite. I don't like the UD one, their primers all feel really tacky and I don't like that, it makes it hard to spread on my lids. But the Nars one is nice and creamy and hydrating, and I feel it gives the same results as the UD one.

katelyn123

Urban decay is my all time favorite. I can work out in hot humid weather and my eyeshadow still looks perfect with it

laura819

I had always been loyal to UDPP but, have been trying to use up some samples and have been loving Too Faced and Lorac. I do really want to try the Nars primer...may have to get a sample of that before I purchase full size of a new primer.

KendraKendra

UD and KVD

kbmatthews

I've tried a whole bunch and honestly, they all worked for me. I'm currently using the bareminerals and the new Smashbox one, and they both are great. I've used NARS, Too Faced, Urban Decay, older Smashbox version, and MAC, and they all do the job. The finish is a little different with some... some feel more tacky, some feel smoother (like a silicone primer). Some are clear and some have colour to them. So if you have a preference for a certain finish, then that'll help narrow it down. 

H216

(0) Hearts

Me too! As in they all work for me. I have all the UD ones and use them all very differently. I like Nars for speed though, it seems the easiest for me to work with, so I can do a quick shadow on my eye sand head out the door.

for value, I stick w/UD.

notcreative

NARS

sephoralovex

I've tried so many... But after everything I have always gone back to Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray. I have very dry skin but oily eyelids and that's the only product that keeps my eyeshadow in place and not faded.

sephoramusthave

Hands down, Too Faced Shadow Insurance ( original). I'm on my second tube right now. It doesn't irritate my eyes, goes on clear and locks my shadows in place all day.

mberteig

I like UD, I bought a professional size tube 2 years ago and am still using it!

inmm

I've had good experiences with Urban Decay and awful experiences with Too Faced. Seriously, I did one eye with Too Faced primer and one eye without any primer, and the eye without any primer looked better! But then some people swear by Too Faced. I think it varies by person.

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Gatsby3,

My fav is the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer, its a warm beige color that looks good with my olive skin tone. I used to love the KVD Primer however, it is VERY yellow toned and I found that it looked too light on my skin.

http://www.sephora.com/photo-finish-lid-primer-P232323?skuId=1157791

<3 Melissa
newandaddicted

NARS is my go to for eye primer I love that stuff

mrsbaine

I vote for Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It really works well and doesn't crease my shadow. It's my holy grail. 

laurabt

Hi gatsby,

My favorite eye primer is the Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer. You only need a tiny bit, and it gives you a flawless canvas to work with.

:smileyhappy: -Laura

etscore1

Another vote for NARS. I don't have much experience with any of the others, but NARS does the job and I like the consistency better than some of the others I've sampled.

jozkid

UD works, but I found that it made my eyelids very dry and crinkly looking. I switched to Nars and I really like it. No problem with my lids feeling dry, and since it's clear, it doesn't give any cast to the shadow colors.

knadala

Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Nars eye primer; they have great lasting power, work great with different formula's (cream, powder, etc.), reduce/eliminate creasing. It takes only a small amount of the product to get the results I want so even if it costs me between $20-$28, I won't have to repurchase for a while since each product lasts me at least 6 months.

Blackwhiskey

I'ved tried Too faced, UD, and elf primers.. I would choose too faced out of all of those, because sometimes I still get crease with UD primer. Like example the electric palette, I get crease with the ud primer. I'm going to try out the KVD primer first before I buy too faced again, just to test it out.

kso1225

My favorite are the MAC paint pots (Painterly and Soft Ochre) but I did just order the NARS eye primer since so many people seem to be loyal to it.  I have UD Primer Potion in Eden since it's tinted and covers my eyelid discoloration, but the performance isn't that impressive to me so I never use it anymore.

HookedOnBeauty2

I have Too Faced, UD, Smashbox and Tarte and I tend to reach for Too Faced more often

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • lovelykatya
    • sephoralovex
    • jojobe
    • aviscardi