fluffymuha

What product(s) did you have an instant bad reaction to?

I just tried out my sample of the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, and my face started burning seconds after applying it.

I never had a reaction like that to any of my other products, so I thought it'd be interesting if any of you lovely ladies and gents have stories of your own :smileyhappy:

LariTheLoud

Re: What product(s) did you have an instant bad reaction to?

(0) Hearts

I applied Ole Henriksen products to the back of my hands, once, and immediately it started to tingle and burn intensely. Needless to say I'm now afraid to try out his line!

Also, the Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment really made my face burn on contact.

Draya24

Anything Bare Minerals. The foundations and other face products make me break out into hives.  The eye shadows make my eyes sting and get red and the lip products make my lips swell like crazy. I was told that it was an allergic reaction the the metals they use in the products (I can't wear most earrings either). I wish I would have known that before I got my makeup done at one of their counters.  Considering they advertise for sensitive skin, I thought it would be ok.  But I started developing hives and swelling up in under 5 minutes.

BrennaMcD

The Marc Jacobs Genius Gel foundation. My eyes started burning when I put it on and were burning the whole day that I wore it.

newandaddicted

It's not a makeup product but I was using bio oil on scars from a minor surgery and that crap had me ITCHING like crazy it was awful.  I threw in the trash immediately!  I shudder every time I pass it on the shelf in the store.

fluffymuha

(0) Hearts

I also remember when I was ~15 I used to use a UD glittery eyeliner. It would burn the skin around my eyes, but I just kept using it :smileyvery-happy: 

waterbaby1981

Dior mascaras.  Couldn't wear eye makeup for a couple of days afterward.

meecheroo

Ole Henrisken (sp?) just irritated my skin all around from their vitamin C serum to even their eye cream.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Black Glamglow mask- burning and itching and actual pain instantly.

Black Boscia Mask- as it started to dry, burning and pain.

fluffymuha

(0) Hearts

Aww so sorry about the black Glamglow mask! It's one of my favourites, I can't imagine not being able to use it :smileysad:

laynebr

(0) Hearts

Anything with omegas in them wether it's supplements or skin care and safflower oil. I turn red and just get white bumps everywhere and I'm lucky to have good skin but this just makes my skin so angry :smileysad:

quixotic

Any Maybelline mascara. I don't know what's special about their formulas, but they give me instant watery, itchy eyes.

weeeeweeeeeee

Stila Smudge Stick twist up eyeliner, it smudge the crudd out of my contacts even though it was not on my waterline.
Same with drug store eye makeup.

sweetmandy

(0) Hearts

A Rimmel mascara burned my eyes real bad once. I haven't tried another one since.  

Also, Algenist products swell my eyes shut. I've tried multiple products of theirs and get an allergic reaction to all of them.

emmy89

Lately the Benefit tints cause my lips to get itchy. But I was very unlucky being born full of allergies. I ca't get near perfume stores, and I have seasonal skin allergies too, specially near winter or when my rhnitis gets too bad. There are time when I can't put any product at all on my face because it burns so bad.
Also when I was a teenager I suddenly became allergic to nail polish and could not wear it at all, then a year or two later the allergy was gone.

quixotic

I had the same reaction to the Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss, and it dried out my lips something awful!

JayReed

(0) Hearts

I once had a foreign exchange student live with my family and I back in high school from Taiwan and her mom sent me some makeup from Artistry like lipstick, mascara, blush and some skin care products, I tried the mascara once and within hours my eyes were so swollen they looked shut and it took a couple of days for the swelling to go down and my eyelids were so stretched they were peeling! :smileysad:

MK89

Eeek! So sorry that happened to you. I'm terrified of eye products causing reactions like that because our eyes are so delicate

JayReed

Thank you! I am so careful of eye products now! 

MK89

I've only reacted badly to makeup once- when I used the Sephora+Pantone Venus Lure balm. The color was pretty but it made my lips sting. The sting faded, but I returned the product because who knows what they put in it to hurt my lips like that...

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

I can't say I had a "bad reaction" but there are certain perfumes that I have smelt where instantly I'm like NOPE! I never want to smell like this. Must wash of now!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • waterbaby1981
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • sweetmandy
    • evilpinkrobot
    • starletta8