Answer
princesspurple
Accepted Solution
What makeup should 14 year old wear???

Hey so I am almost 14. I am now starting to get more makeup for myself. But what kind of makeup is appropriate for my age? Please help me girls! Thanks and have a great day! :smileyhappy: <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
kathrynclaire
Answered
[ Edited ]

I  would recommend wearing light colored eyeshadows, use ones with a little sparkle in them.  Matte eye shadows can look more mature.  Also, stick to colors that are similar to your skin color...

light skin: pinks and creams

tan skin: light browns

dark skin: dark browns

Try some of these eye shadows

Urban Decay Eyeshadow

Stilla Eye Shadow Trio

Using a bit of mascara on your top lashes will also compliment the eyeshadow nicely

I think a little blush wouldn't hurt either!  Using a light peachy color put it on the apples of your cheeks.  Don't forget to smile while doing this!

Try to stay away from eyeliners for a few more years...if you do choose to use them though use a pencil, most likely a light brown will work fine.  The brown is also a nice transition color to use before you start wearing darker colors!

Also, if you do have a little blemish throw on a bit of concealer.  Don't put on more than necessary though...just enough to cover up problem areas.

Hope this helps you and goodluck!

Answers: 17
allegrissima
Answered

At your age, it is quite certain that you have beautiful skin.  Try not to cover it up with make up.  You will have a lot of time and opportunity to wear them.  Believe me, for the rest of us, who are much much older than you,  are trying very hard to get a skin and complexion like yours...  So enjoy what you have been given naturally at this time.  Instead of covering (which I'm sure you don't have anything to cover up), try to enhance a few traits.  I say just put a tiny bit of mascara just at the tip of your lashes to give your eyes a little "pop"  and a nice tinted sheer lipstick, and maybe add some fun sheer eyeshadow for more special occasions. 

Enjoy your youth  :smileywink: <3

tenngal
Answered

Teenage make up should always be soft and subtle.  A nice combination of colors, poise and sweet touch ups makes teenage makeup attractive and soft.

As a teenager you must know that you have got a soft and unexploited skin and you must act wisely to preserve it.  Make sure you do not use any local and harsh products on your skin.  Also remember not to be a copy cat of makeup applied by people around because as a teenage it is very important for you to develop an original style of your own.  Do not also give yourself an overdose of make up because it will make you look more mature than you are.  Try to stay away from that ultra glam and sexy look as it will take a toll over your innocence which is the basic plus point of your beauty.

What to do:

• Experiment with colors.  Try wearing bright and floral colors.  You can also use light pink and black colors if you are willing for a feminine look.
  • Go for bright yet natural shades for make up.
  • Do experiments with your eye makeup but avoid extra glossy makeup anywhere else on your face.
  • Go for lipgloss instead of lipstick.
  • Try different kinds of hairstyles because changes in hairstyles help in a complete makeover.
  • Remember to keep your skin clean, toned and moisturized.  Avoid using any harsh products on your skin.
  • Innocence on your face is your real beauty, so avoid any kind of makeup that overshadows your natural charm.

What not to do:

• Always make sure that you do not overdress yourself and whatever you wear is in accordance with the occasion you are dressing up for.
  • Avoid extra chemical treatment with your hair.  However experiment as much as you can with natural and herbal products.
  • Avoid wearing ultra glam dress and makeup because that will overshadow the natural beauty of your face.
  • Do not apply chemicals on your face.  Instead go for homemade and natural products.
  • Avoid colors like green, brown, grey and slate both in makeup and dresses.

Sephora has a great “no makeup” makeup look in their “Get-the-Look” video tutorials on their website.  You should take a look at that video.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/beautyadvice/

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

prettttyeyes
Answered

Hi,

I'm the same age, and I don't really own a lot of makeup. So what I use right now (exactly) is the following:

-LashBlast Length

-MAC eye shadow (a sample) in smoke ring, which I love. It's like a matte grey-beige, which somehow brightens my eyes when I wake up. Personally, I just find it makes me look a bit more awake. 

Sometimes I'll curl my eyelashes, or put a layer of clear mascara on the top.

Yep. Don't own too much makeup. :smileytongue:

What I'd like to buy though is this:

-Boo-Boo Zap by Benefit- It's for pimples, great under concealer apparently.

-A felt-tip pen liquid eyeliner; I love the liquid eyeliner look, and I'd like to start wearing that eventually. Once I can do it, at least.

-Either a tinted moisturizer or light foundation. Clinique or Neutrogena are probably the best. Neutrogena has really good makeup, and it's not super expensive either. 

-SPF 3O BareMinerals Powder Brush. Sunscreen at our age is very important. If you want to preserve you're skin, I'd start wearing sunscreen, daily. :smileyhappy:

-The Stila It-Girl palette that's on weekly special... it has a neutral shade like the one I use, Kitten, and a cocoa brown. It sounds good pretty good, especially for only $14. 

-Of course, a concealer. I'd go for Erase Paste, NARS Concealer, or a Clinique one. Maybe MakeUp Forever's, but it's quite pricy. 

-Maybe an eye de-puffer? I guess we don't really have eye issues, but it would be nice to have something like that. 

I hope that helped at all! I think what's most important is to not overdo the whole makeup thing. A young girl wearing a ton of makeup is not attractive, not to mention it's terrible for your skin. For things you actually put on your face, go with an oil-free one, and a higher-end brand. There's no skimping when it comes to your face! Sunscreen is a must- I don't want to be older with brown spots and a ton of wrinkles :$ However, mascara isn't something you should spend a lot on. I've heard rave reviews for Loreals, even though, for me, they're all carbon black, which is kind of dramatic for me. At least in my mom's opinion. Covergirl has a lot too, and they come in colours like black brown or black. Great Lash is popular as well. Like i said before, there's a ton. So go with what you'd like in a mascara- length, volume, whatever.

A bit of blush is alright, as long as it's not overdone. In my opinion, I don't really like sparkles for face; it's not as natural for everday, and looks a bit tacky. On eyes, it can be really cute for special events. And if possible, go for a tinted moisturizer over a powder- the powder can make you look older, so a dewy, matte would be ideal. Shimmer can be okay, just use common sense when it comes to it. Everything's about your own opinion! 

Finally (sorry for the long response) these are the things I'm most focused on with my face in the morning:

-Obviously acne- to be fair, I'm pretty lucky in that area, but I hate having little red bumps, which I find commonly. So, a good concealer for that (Boo-Boo Zap & a concealer there ?)

-Short eyelashes. Ugh. My brother has way longer lashes than me. So there's mascara for that.

-Tired eyes. Yes, I know we're young, but we get dark circles and whatever. So concealer, or depuffer. Or both. I'm skeptical about Eye Bright, but who knows. Maybe!

-Maybe blush or bronzer, to brighten the complexion. I'm pretty pale atm, so I'm considering in getting a blush/bronzer.

-Tinted SPF lip balm, or moisturizing lip gloss/lipstick. 

-Just because it's nice to put some effort into your face, I'd like to start wearing a bit of liquid eyeliner. Neutral eyeshadow. You know.

Good luck , I hope you get to read this lawls,

<3

victoria9845
Answered

Hey Princess purple!

I'm 14, too! I wear mascara, concealer, and eye-liner. My suggestions are to use gold or silver pencil liner, and black liquid. I really like lip-gloss. Lip stains on us could look a little over-rated. Try clear-red lip gloss. make sure its not too red, though. For pinks, try  sparkles! If your going to use blush, do a light hand. I suggest NARS blush. For mascara, maybe use waterproof. Last but not least, if your eyes are dark or blue, i suggest using silver at the corner of you eyes, then using a smudger along the lash line.

Yours Truly,

Victoria

Maggy
Answered

Ah, youth!  This is the time to experiment with color and have fun.  I would buy lots of the kits which include a wide range of colors.  Head on over to Sephora's Sale Value kits section--I suggest Tarte's the jewelry box, Sephora Color Play 5 in 1 II Fashion Edition ($30), Sephora Collection Color Flip ($15), or Sephora Collection Color Palette ($24).  I like Too Faced as a brand for younger ladies also.

Apply makeup with a light hand.  You can always add more, but subtracting makeup without completely starting over is almost impossible.

Finally, the most important thing is TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN.  Wash thoroughly, every day.  STAY OUT OF THE SUN!!!!!  I can't emphasize this enough.  People regularly guess my age between ten and 25 years too low.  I stayed out of the sun!

Have fun, darling!

cosmetologytchr
Answered

BARE ESSCENTUALS is a great line for teens. The colors are SHEER, the make up is PURE AND NATURAL, and you can't get it wrong. Check out their website for proper instruction on how to apply it! Use the mineral veil powder, the powder conealer if you have a dreaded zit, a bit of mascara, they have great SHEER shimmer eyeshadows for some fun, and some lipgloss! Most importantly, dont COVER your gorgeous face, enhance it, and HAVE FUN!

rubyredjazz
Answered

hey princess purple!!

im almost 14 too and looooove makeup. but i dont wear it everyday.

I have big brown eyes and medium skin.

what i do sometimes is i experiment: one day il wear mascara and some pink ligloss. another ill wear brown eyeshodow..You get it!!

At this stage i think we should be experimenting.

And if you want to wear makeup everyday, than id suggest to wear either lipgloss or sheer lipstick with a little blush (what can i say its in style!!!!) or some neutral eeshadow  with still some color to it and some blush

* very important! Instead of wearing mascara and putting some tar on yor lashes, i suggest to curl your lashes becauses it really opens ur eyes. If you want youcan put mascara after curling to realy put attention to ur eyes!!

HAVE FUN:womanvery-happy:

beautyy101
Answered

I just turned 14 lol. I use neutral tones, and light colors. What I currently use everyday is the Sephora Collection Felt-Tipped Doe Eyeliner. I like the Sephora Collection's eyeshadows as well. as they are very pigmented and flattering on medium to brown skin.

I also recommend the Urban Decay Naked Pallette if you're willing to spend 50 bucks on eyeshadows lol

MAClover13
Answered
(0) Hearts

This is kinda late but those around this age, I would recommend...

MAC mineralize skinfinish natural
Maybelline Mascara (can't go wrong with it)
Urban Decay Naked Basics
Stila/Tarte/MAC lipgloss
MAC blush (they have a good variety)

This is what i would recommend for your age as its a simple everyday look. Very basic and nothing too over the top. Hope this helped! :smileyhappy: This should be enough for our age.

For brushes, i recommend:

MAC 217, 239 (eye brushes) You cant wrong go with MAC eye brushes :smileyhappy:

Elf Studio Kabuki, Large Angle Contour (kabuki for powder and large angled contour for precise blush application and contouring)

tacolicious
Answered
(0) Hearts

Honey! Eyeliner is NOT YOUR FRIEND!!! A little bit above your upper lashes is a great look, but WATERLINE IS TOO OLD!!! Keep things young and simple, explore with cute colors, and treat your face like a canvas and your makeup like art.

Good Luck!!! :smileyhappy:

sumithegreat
Answered
(0) Hearts

i am 14 too :smileyhappy: honestly speaking .. i have got myself a concealer it's really good you know its of artadaco and really covers and dosent even look like it's very over or anything and get the maybelline meusse foundation it all dosent whitens you up that much and mascara can be any i have the biglash mascara and get yourself kajal( it's something black that you put in ur eyes) sorry dont know what's it called in english and yes simple pink gloss and you get a sponge to use all the that because it blends in really good and that's all you'll need trust me :smileyhappy: no eyelash curler no lib balm no lip tinter those are just formalites just get all these things that i wrote and your ready to go :smileywink: if you like my answer then do reply :smileyhappy:

tic000tac
Answered
(0) Hearts

I am 14 and have never really had my own makeup,what should I buy???

CES1098
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi I'm  14, going to be 15 this year, and believe me I have always asked myself the same question. Especially when I see girls in high school wearing heavy black eyeliner and nose rings and etc. All girls are subjected to peer pressure, so believe it or not, I started wearing very light eyeshadow in 5th grade. I stopped wearing makeup in 6th grade. Then in seventh grade i started to use a teeny tiny bit of mascara. Then last year in 8th grade I started to wear only mascara everyday. I would hate when I would forget to wear mascara, and I wish I would have had more confidence. Now I'm in high school (9th grade) and i wear concealer on my eyes ( a very important tip if you do not want to spend a lot of money on eye primer, it works just as well. Then i use light nude and slighty darkjer colors on my lids, i tend to stick to 2 colors. I wear black-brown mascara ( a good tip to use becasue black is very harsh) Finally if you want to use leip gloss stick to clear or light peach colors, becasue bright reds look very mature. Hop this helps! :smileyhappy:

JustACostume
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi PrincessPurple, I am also around your age and I have a different view from most people on a teenage appearance should be. Obviously we shouldn't have cake face or a foundation line, and we should wear sunscreen, but don't limit yourself to natural colors, you are a teenager, use colors that you like. Plus not all teens have great skin concealer and a powder can really help. Also always have your mom or someone who will be honest approve your makeup, your parents opinion does matter and differs depending on the person. 

katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I definitely second allegrissima and tenngal in that, at 13 (nearly 14), your makeup should be understated. Trust me, you have YEARS to explore with color and drama, so (as much as you can), you should enjoy the years of not actually *needing* to wear makeup. You will miss this when you're older!

For school, keep it way understated -- lip gloss, powder if you need it for shine control -- but little else. I know some of the younger ladies on this forum are your age and probably wear the works, but to me, there is nothing worse than seeing a ton of makeup on a young face -- especially eye liner! This is probably not something you can tell someone at the time (I wish wholeheartedly that I had listened to my mother!), but less is so much more when you're young.

If you're in the market for a good book, I highly recommend this one by Bobbi Brown (who knows a thing or two) -- it's called "Beauty Rules: Fabulous Looks, Beauty Essentials and Life Lessons for Loving Your Teens and Twenties." It's incredibly helpful, and it will show you different tactics to enhance your natural beauty with a little makeup while still being appropriate for your age.

: )

kelly5308
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi! I'm in teh 8th grade and I get what you're saying totally....

You don't want your makeup to be TOO obvious b/c makeup should still enhance your natural beauty, not cover it up.

Coverup for zits/dark circles is OK, but don't use to much because it'll look like you're trying WAY to hard.

I don't agree with teh person who said waterline eyeliner is too "old"...as long as you make sure it doesn't look like your did your makeup with a sharpie marker, a little should be fine. Plus its HARDER to put it above your lashes. Secondly mascara is a must. Classic black is all you need.....Covergirl lashblast is a cheaper alternative to my fave-buxom buxom lash. If you want to do blush, don't go for powder...it looks sparkly an dcheap. Go for a cream blush that adds more of a natural glow to your face so its not as obvious that you're wearing makeup. If you really want to do eyeshadow, go for neutral shimmery colors, but its kinda alot just for school/day-to-day wear. For night and stuff its fine though. For lips- I HIGHLY recommend Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted LIp Treatment-It makes you look like you have naturally pink lips without having that 8-year-old playing-with-mommy's-makeup tacky gloss look. It just adds a little shine. Thats pretty much it...Hope this helped! xoxo

jenlovesmakeupp
Answered
(0) Hearts

One thng I would say is that foundations and concealers arnt really need now as I am 13 :smileyvery-happy:. Also when I started wearing makeup I experimented with drugstore brans before big name ones. One everyday look I do is Mascara with blac liner on the waterline and a bit of a white matte eyeshadow on my tearduct. This helps bring out your eyes while still keeping that young feeling.

Question Stats
  • 18 answers
  • 29 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • anaa
    • Maggy
    • allegrissima
    • princesspurple
    • victoria9845
    • kathrynclaire