asdfkl

What makeup products under $40 do you recommend?

(0) Hearts

I was recently gifted a $25 gift card, which I am very excited to use, but I have no idea what to get. I figured I would need a little more cash to cover the cost of what I may want, so I decided to budget myself at $40 so I wouldn't have to spend too much money. As excited as I am to go shopping, I have no idea what to get. I was thinking I would try Josie Maran's makeup because I have been loving their skincare, but then I started looking into other brands and their products so I am no longer sure what I want to get. So I was wondering what makeup products you guys would recommend that are under $40. I am pretty much open to any type of makeup because I always love trying new items and new brands. 

sonofmanjesus

Re: What makeup products under $40 do you recommend?

(0) Hearts

Just make sure before you purchase foundations to get samples of them first. I have found several oxidize or change color upon drydown. The Hourglass ambient blushes are amazing! You could also get a palette from UD like one of the Nakeds. I prefer the 1 and 3 and they last a long while. The new UD velvet liners are also really amazing. IF you need a eyeliner that won't budge, Marc Jacobs highliner is one of the best I have found out there. 

Mcakes

(0) Hearts

- Bite Beauty Lip Duos (both of them lol)

-Formula X The System (not makeup I know but if you like nail polish at all this is a must!)

-TARTELimited-Edition Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette

-HOURGLASSCrease Brush 

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I second the bite lip duos! Great mini to try out! I own both of them. 

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

Omg there are so many things that are under $40 that are amazing!

• Estee Lauder Double Wear and Double Wear Light
  • NARS Dual Intensity Eye Shadow (absolutely amazing!!!)
  • NARS Pro Prime eye primer
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors
  • Smashbox Contour Kit
comeoneileen88

(0) Hearts

Tarte Cheek Stains - I love the shades Blissful, Fearless, and Flush

Too Faced Bronzer - I'm fair and use the Milk Chocolate Soleil, but all their bronzers look really nice. 

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder - I love how my makeup looks after putting this on

Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Lacquers 

Josie Maran Black Oil Mascara - got this as a deluxe sample and I love it

Nars Lip Glosses

Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter - still my favorite of the highlighters I've tried because I find it the most natural

Stila 10-in-One Illuminating Beauty Balm - I love how the sheer coverage gives me such a nice glow

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

It would help to tell us what you have already tried out! So we can suggest something that would be new for you. I'm not sure how familiar you are with all the brands and products out currently. <3

asdfkl

(0) Hearts

Good Idea! I just started shopping at Sephora  a few months ago so I am relatively new to their makeup brands, so what I have tried is:

• Stila lip glazes (worst gloss I have used)
  • Josie Maran argan oil and argan moisturizer
  • Sephora Collection lip glosses, baked eye shadow palette (in the nudes), and universal lip liner (so far I am not a fan of their products, especially their baked eye shadows)
  • Benefits coralista, chacha tint, benetint, high beam, coralista lip gloss, they're real mascara, girl meets pearl, porefessional, stay don't stray, and some random foundation from them (Although I have tried quite a bit of their stuff I didn't really like any of it and I don't think this brand is for me).
  • UD shadow in Zephyr
  • Estee Lauder lip glosses, lipsticks, eyeshadows, mascaras, eyeliners, and makeup remover
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • ashleynne
    • Mcakes
    • annypoo
    • andyhtrieu
    • sonofmanjesus
    • asdfkl