MintShake

What kind of makeup would be good for a 15 year old?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

What colors and brands do you suggest?537450_367346193376721_1492005604_n.jpg this is how i look like 

poemelyric

Re: What kind of makeup would be good for a 15 year old?

Urban Decay is a great brand and they don't animal test.  Some of their products are Vegan and they are relatively cheap.  You should take a look at their website.  They always have deals and specials.

makeupmaven

Urban Decay would be great; since you like purple, pink and green they have lots of options for both shadow and liner. After applying primer use a little liner as a base and lay shadow on top of it.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner would also work well...blue is another color that makes brown eyes pop.

The Tarte Lipsurgence products would also work well since you like a softer lip...these actually last awhile and are moisturizing!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

It honestly depends on what type of colors and looks you're wanting.

This thread is pretty open ended, so giving us some specifics in terms of what you're looking for can help us narrow down products and brands and give better recommendations.

Give us some info on:

-Skin type (sensitive, dry, normal, combination, oily, acne prone, etc.)

-Skin concerns/issues (dehydrated, redness, fine lines, enlarged pores, uneven texture, hyperpigmentation, etc.)

-Coverage preference (full, buildable, medium, light, etc.)

-Formulation preference (liquid, cream, powder, cream to powder, long wear, waterproof, water resistant, etc.)

-Finish preference (satin, dewy, matte, shimmer, metallic, etc.)

-Color preference

-Products you're seeking (complexion items like blush, bronzer, highlighter, foundation, concealer, correctors, primers, powders or color items such as lipstick, lip gloss, lip liner, eye liner, eye shadow, mascara)

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Skin type: combination

Skin concerns: dry enlarged pores, uneven texture (sometimes) 

coverage: buildable 

Formulation preference: liquid cream long wear 

Coverage: satin, matte 

Color preference: for eyes, neutrals like purple pink and green 

Products: blush, foundation, eyeliner eyeshadow, lip products concealer. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Is there a specific price range you want to stick to or any brands you wish to go for/avoid?

MintShake

(0) Hearts

well i want something less than 50 dollars, and i don't want any products with harsh chemicals

makeupsephora

(0) Hearts

makeupforever is GREAT

I am around the same age myself=)

makeupforever doesn't affect my skin at ALL.

Mac is great since the price range is pretty similar... I find that makeupforever doesn't have much neutral colors..

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I like makeupforever, but since im poor im kinda shifting my focus to mac, and mac has a good range of colours. 

makeupsephora

(0) Hearts

yup.

I find that mac has better quality and pigment(when it comes to eyeshadows)

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Even when you compare the price one eyeshadow is 15 dollars, or you could get a palette for 40 dollars (you save 20 dollars) so I think MAC is really good and affordable. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

The 4 pan pre-made palettes at MAC are $40, but if you want to customize your own, a single pan is $12. The difference in price is packaging. $15 for 0.05 oz of a product that has a lid on it, or $12 for 0.05 oz for a product that's in a pan and you can add to any customizable palette. 

If you're looking for high pigmented shadows & like mac, then check out Urban Decay. They have really nice shades with good color payoff. 

makeupsephora

(0) Hearts

totally agree. you just cant compare the differences in pigment and texture

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I mean even if i haden't known about other makeup brands, I say that MAC has everything you need. As mush as I love NARS blush, MAC blush is just as great. Lancome Foundation is great- so is MAC's. I love Urban Decay eyeshadow, but I love MACs as well. 

makeupsephora

(0) Hearts

i absolutely LOVE nars.. too pricey for me though..haha

I wish sephora had mac products=DDDD

MintShake

(0) Hearts

me too 

dianabt

Honestly at 15, I say less is more. I wish someone had told me this when I was 15 but no, I wore my full coverage foundation and powder thinking I had to hide my entire face!

I'd start by looking at Tarte, Clinique, even Josie Maran for more natural looking makeup. Nobody needs anything TOO harsh or intense (even thought it can be fun sometimes!)  Pay attention to how your skin reacts with the foundation you use from mac, these as well as some MUFE and Smashbox makeups are studio designed and can sometimes be too heavy for everyday wear! Of course if your skin is working well with it you can keep with it!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
MintShake

(0) Hearts

I know that I probably don't need foundation, but even when I choose to put it on, I specifically use the MAC foundation in a tube, because some of the other foundations made me look a bit orange. I don't really wear makeup on a daily basis 

makeupsephora

(0) Hearts

maybe tarte?

clinique?

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I've tried clinique concealer and it was pretty good, but I haven't tried tarte. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • DTalksAll
    • poemelyric
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • MintShake