tuesdaym

What is your HG makeup remover?

[ Edited ]

I like wipes, but I am trying to branch out to others and have found some real duds and a few good ones. I like the Sonia Kashuk one ok, but I really dislike the Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. Maybe I am just using it wrong, but I find it is too gentle to remove mascara!

mkupgk

Re: What is your HG makeup remover?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

image.jpg

I think I went through 5 of these in 3 months

babybear04

(0) Hearts

I generally use makeup remover just to remove eye makeup and leave it to my facial cleansers to remove the rest.

I use Johnson & Johnson's original baby oil.  I HATE mineral oil, and never use any facial products that contain it.  However, even though baby oil does contain mineral oil, it does do an excellent job at removing my eye makeup and as long as I just use it around the eyes, everything is all good!

I also just recently picked up a small travel size of MUFE sensitive eye makeup remover and that works wonders, especially on stubborn eyeliner and mascara.  It's just sooo expensive to use on a daily basis.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i thought the MUFE sense eyes was too $$ too, but then I used it a few times and fell in love:smileyhappy:

penelopeblooms

(0) Hearts

I like wipes a lot because I hate washing my face at the sink--too much water splashed everywhere!  :smileyhappy:  The wipes I use are from Korres--they have milk ones that are a bit more moisturizing.  I like them a lot and have repurchased them several times.  In the morning I use Plantscription face wash from Origins in the shower, but I've found it to have little effect on the vast amount of mascara I use...  :smileyhappy:  It is nice otherwise.

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

For eye makeup my hg remover is Neutrogena eye makeup remover lotion in the blue/teal tube. Though I might have to try some of these other ones.

BamaCaliGirl

(0) Hearts
  • I keep a travel size bottle of tear-free baby shampoo in the shower that I use right before I wash my face. For when I'm not showering I keep a little bottle of water mixed with a tiny bit of the shampoo on my vanity. It works great to take everything off with a small cotton swab or fix mistakes with a q-tip. Overall it's a cheap but effective and gentle alternative. I use these really good all over make-up wipes by blum as well. They have tea tree oil so they're perfect for my acne prone skin.
onomotopoeia9

Makeup Forever's Sense-eyes!!!! for eyes, and if I'm lazy, also the rest of my face.

For face, I love dior's cleansing water

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i agree X's 100 that MUFE Sense Eyes is the best makeup remover. I have tried Neutrogena's, Nars makeup removing oil, Sephora and MUFE is the best hands down.

redrose04

make up forever eye make up remover is my hg, lancome is also good and triple action water make up remover from Sephora for face is alright.

rainbow781

(0) Hearts

I really like the Nuance Salma Hayek Dual Phase Makeup Remover., it has cucumber and rosewater along with chamomile and lavender extracts.

poemelyric

I use MUFE's Sens Eye Make up remover and it works miracles.  I used to use MUFE's Dry oil Make Up remover but they don't sell it anymore.  I have oily skin and it didn't make me break out.

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

The Sephora brand is great... I personally love baby oil.. I know. You're probably thinking weird... but honestly it makes your skin so soft after using it and washing your face with a cleanser. If you dont use a cleanser afterwards your skin will be greasy. And since my skin is really sensitive and breaks out easily to any makeup removers, baby oil doesnt do that.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

MUFE Sens'Eyes - Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser.  My fave employee at Sephora told me about this one. She is SUPER sensitive to a lot of makeup and removers.

For this one all you do is one squirt and massage the blue cream/gel around your eyes and wash your face as normal.  This takes off even waterproof makeup.  Also, it doesnt tug at your sensitive eye area (I have had areas of my eyes have broken capillaries due to being too harsh with cotton rounds and run of the mill eye makeup remover.) This one does the job wonderfully and is very very gentle

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I love Talika lash conditioning eye makeup remover.

Daniela1387

Philosophy's Purity made simple facial cleansing gel and eye makeup remover works really well for me. I removes all my makeup even my waterproof mascara. Its not rough on my skin and has a nice lemony scent to it. 

DTalksAll

I'm not a huge fan of wipes. I find most of them to be too harsh, full of alcohol & don't really remove everything. I keep them in my bag for traveling or when staying over at friends (We're in the country, so nights out in the city usually end up with sleep overs LOL). 

For a while I was constantly trying different makeup removers and was never really satisfied. A lot of them were too drying, too oily/greasy, or didn't get everything off the waterline/tightline. I wear a lot of waterproof & long-wear eye makeup and a lot of cleansers can't get it all off. 

Years ago I stumbled across the Bliss Lid & Lash wash and it's been a repurchase ever since http://www.sephora.com/lid-lash-wash-makeup-remover-P175101?skuId=1129295 It's a nice cooling gel that doesn't leak into my eyes but still gets everything off. However, it's not very travel friendly so I was looking for options besides wipes. I tried the Sephora waterproof remover & found it to be too greasy. I heard a lot of good things about Shu Uemura but couldn't find a place that sells it near me :smileysad: Somehow I stumbled onto the Koh Gen Do Spa Water and fell in love. http://www.sephora.com/cleansing-spa-water-P294007 It's so gentle, yet effective & hydrating. It get's everything off my eyes & if I'm in a pinch I can use it on my face too. When I run out of the Bliss Lid & Lash wash I'm buying the big bottle for home use. 

tuesdaym

Thanks for the recommend! I am going to look into the Bliss Lid & Lash wash! L)

sephoramusthave

I've never used an actual makeup remover----I use cleanser/toner/makeup wipes instead. I like the yes to brand for wipes, thayers for toner, and origins checks and balances and never a dull moment for pm makeup removing cleanser.

catherineu2

I use Boscia's Make-up Break-Up Cool Cleansing Oil when taking all my make-up off and then I cleanse as normal after. It's amazing for getting everything off! I'm still looking for an eye make-up remover that I can use quickly for when I'm trying different looks & I want to take one look off & try another. So far they all irritate and dry out my eye lids.

aviscardi

Ive tried quite a few makeup remover cloths and my favorite ones are ponds, blue or purple packaging. still trying to find the pink lol.

I use Clinique take the day off makeup remover to take off my eye makeup, and then go over my face with the cloths. i love it because it gets everything off and is only $18. i had the small travel size and it lasted around 3months, with 5day use a week. 

Ive also tried the Lancome bifacil which i found works just the same but $10more..

http://www.sephora.com/take-the-day-off-makeup-remover-for-lids-lashes-lips-P122735?skuId=48074

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • poemelyric
    • aviscardi
    • kimmi1115