BrennaBombshell

What is the best inexpensive makeup brush set?

Hey lovelies!

I'm looking to find a makeup brush set, as right now I have a Frankenstein set of brushes ranging from dollar store stuff to high end MAC brushes, but I really would like to grab a new set entirely.

I'm looking for something preferably synthetic, with minimal shedding, and I like for them to hold up well through washings, since I apply makeup pretty often, and like to wash my brushes thoroughly at least once a week. 

I've used EcoTools but I'm not thrilled with how they've held up. I've had some of them just fall apart entirely. 

I've been looking at the e.l.f. sets and the Sonia Kashuk sets, and I'm wondering what you've used that's been the best? I've heard good things about Sigma as well, but have never tried any of these three brands.

I don't want to spend more than $50-$60, and I'd like to get a wide range of brushes, but definitely including:

- A smudger brush

- A small, angled brush for brows or liner

- A blending brush

- An angled blush/contour brush

Please and thank you!

mityren

Re: What is the best inexpensive makeup brush set?

(0) Hearts

Elf pro is hit or miss for me. I do love Sigma but I like Real Technics better.

linda711

I was at Target last night and I know you mentioned Sonia Kashuk, and there were some fantastic sets that include what you need for $30 or less.  I was tempted to buy one, and I definitely don't need brushes at the moment!  They felt like a great quality for the price and included cute bags too.

Lesurion

(0) Hearts

@MsStacy1990.......please pm me or send me a link for your brushes. You have definitely posted a pic of a treasure...a very well priced treasure!

MsStacey1990

Hahaha! Ok ill send you the link !

Lesurion

Hey guys, I'm so glad that I saw this thread because I have the Sephora Prestige Set - 10 brushes ($125) in my shopping cart. I thought that it would be a good investment to finally get a good quality set, however no one has posted anything about Sephora brushes in this thread. Then I saw a beautiful pink set with more brushes for $20! (Thank you for posting your amazon find). My question is: are Sephora brushes overpriced or of questionable quality? What constitutes a good full set of brushes? I would really like as many opinions as possible. Thanks (on my way to Amazon.com for a few minutes).

BrennaBombshell

I really like the Sephora Pro Airbrush brushes, but they're so expensive that I can't justify purchasing a complete set. I do, however, have a few of them for special things. Like I want a really high quality brush for my foundation, so I purchased the SPA #56 and love it to death. But for things like eye brushes, I don't mind purchasing something that costs less, (which is why I bought the $20 Amazon set) because I do my makeup so often, and don't want to have to wash my brushes every single day. I'd say for brushes you use often and would worry about the quality in application the most, eyebrow brushes, foundation, contouring, go with getting something higher quality, and for little, everyday brushes, grab an inexpensive set. As long as it doesn't shed or poke me with super stiff bristles, I'm okay with having something cheaper! Maybe one day, when I'm rich and famous, I'll have a full set of professional MUA quality brushes, but until then, I'm fine with grabbing a lower quality set for the majority of my brushes, and having a few high end ones for special things. :smileyhappy:

FuturePedNP

Sigma, Sigma, Sigma!!! I picked these 4 out for you. I see you have a range from $50-$60, total for theses 4 is $59! Haha. Plus, use MAR2014 for %10 off and since it is a purchase over $30, you get a free eyeliner brush! Hope this helped! They are so worth the investment. I believe the E40 blending brush is temporarily sold out though, you can sign up for an e-mail when it is back in stock though!Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 11.55.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-03-18 at 11.57.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-03-18 at 11.57.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-03-18 at 11.58.17 PM.png

-XOXO.

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

You are awesome! I'll put these on my birthday list. I just grabbed a set off Amazon for $20 before I saw this, just so I'd have something. But my bday is in three weeks, and I can probably convince my boyfriend to snag these up for me! Thank you!

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

and just so everyone knows, and no more questions are asked about a lifestyle that I hardly understand, but do my best to and I accept, they do not pelt animals when using any fur..I have held some of the manyanimals they raise on their very large nature like preserve. It is almost a perfect life, if your tired of filthy cities.smog, and unfriendliness...these are GENUINE HIPPIES, many are aging and a few children of theres are continuing on. I dont and couldnt live with or like them , but I do not judge them from intollerance or misunderstanding and have honestly never met kinder people in the world..and I have lived in 4 states after the age of 18 and somewhere on a side of 40..very close, and worked in a job many couldnt in LA..catering to, promoting, producing, you nme it for very wealthy people..some good, some not so good!..Now back to gethering info that Brenna deserves....

BrennaBombshell

Thanks, Sultry! I've met hippies before that do things like that, so I believe you. It's just that a TON of companies that make mink brushes absolutely pelt them, which is all I think the girls were trying to say. Do the people that make those brushes have a website or anything? That would be neat to show people who would like the feel of real hair, but don't want the cruelty involved. :smileyhappy:

1SultrySCENTNut

I appologize Brenna, forever reason I am not liked and hasseled alot, so lets get you back to some brushes, I have a few clients from the late 90s I am still friends with, chatting and getting their favs and oppinions and I will post them all as soon as my collection is finished :smileyhappy:

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

No this photo was taken in 2013...I am around the age of 40.... what am I supposed to look like at this age? For whoever was making a comment that this is ma photo of my kid...My daughter is a Blondish/redhead..she got the hait and light skin from her father..this was taken after I tried a idiotic idea of professional "skin lightening"...do you want a 2014 photo..wait until mty broken bones heal, please and thank you.

kalex

upload_8127315078513540178.jpg

nikki

Sorry, I meant no offense. It just looked like a yearbook photo with the background.

I am sorry to hear about your broken bones, I wish you a speedy recovery!

1SultrySCENTNut

Thats in no way how the hair is collected..its a technique that unless you inderstand their hand made ways of land living and all gods creatures are to be cherished..its not understandable..I dont always understand, but I dont live their lifestyle, I enjoy their handiworks and friendships...Thats all I need to know..they wouldnt hurt any living creature if they had to..including pests and insects but they actually are very , very clean people. They dont live in the want or have the same value on money as we do..nor do they have the need for most all technology and they are NOT AMISH..they are probly one of the last real Old School Hippy Communities around.

ladymeag

We've got lots of old-school hippie communes and communities in Washington and Oregon! :smileyhappy: We've got a lot of newer-style communities as well but the hippie lifestyle will probably never die out here. :smileyhappy:

quotidianus

Yep!  I used to live on one many years back, and I still have friends that do.  Will never die out in the PNW.  I prefer the newer sorts ... weirdly, less misogynistic (IMO).

kellsmuneoka

[ Edited ]

Morphe brushes seem to be pretty popular on instagram with makeup artists and its super cheap. Check them out x

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

I did look into those today, and they look gorgeous! Reviews seem really good too!

1SultrySCENTNut

I have friends who raise mink and sable. The hair is sheared and no animal is hurt.They are kept inside a heated, specially built community houseing area for animals. They have been using animal fur,wools, hooves,horns..and when an animal passes it is a very sad event for my friends..these people are the last true hippies I know and many do not know where they live. I wrote about them earlier and how they make brushes... t is the Greenest, most earth friendly way possible..I ,however, can not live like they do, but I can go out to the property in the spring and summer and enjoy "campouts" and trade things to them. Its a way of life that is long gone that I feel delighted to be invited to be a friend and a visitor!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 105 hearts
  • 32 in conversation
    • kalex
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • lyravega
    • jojobe
    • ChicDabbler