BrennaBombshell

What is the best inexpensive makeup brush set?

Hey lovelies!

I'm looking to find a makeup brush set, as right now I have a Frankenstein set of brushes ranging from dollar store stuff to high end MAC brushes, but I really would like to grab a new set entirely.

I'm looking for something preferably synthetic, with minimal shedding, and I like for them to hold up well through washings, since I apply makeup pretty often, and like to wash my brushes thoroughly at least once a week. 

I've used EcoTools but I'm not thrilled with how they've held up. I've had some of them just fall apart entirely. 

I've been looking at the e.l.f. sets and the Sonia Kashuk sets, and I'm wondering what you've used that's been the best? I've heard good things about Sigma as well, but have never tried any of these three brands.

I don't want to spend more than $50-$60, and I'd like to get a wide range of brushes, but definitely including:

- A smudger brush

- A small, angled brush for brows or liner

- A blending brush

- An angled blush/contour brush

Please and thank you!

puih2002

Re: What is the best inexpensive makeup brush set?

I hear sigma brushes are really good.  Plus I think you can use someone's discount code to get 20% off.  Search sigma brush tutorials on youtube.

MsStacey1990

[ Edited ]

Hey bre! i just got a new brush set today in the mail! and theyre all great! its a 24 piece set! they are soft and applied my makeup really well. ill show u a pic, i took one earlier, its on the march madness thread, they only cost me 20 dollars. :smileysurprised: so i took the risk and bought them and theyre actually really good! on amazon.i got them today and was expected to get tomrrow but got them today :smileyvery-happy:D

61qAaCYlJKL._SL1500_.jpg

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

Those look gorgeous!!! I'm a sucker for anything pink. Seriously, $20?? Can you PM me the link for them if you get a minute?

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

Me too!

snowshoe

[ Edited ]

I use a lot of Eco Tools makeup brushes.  They are under $10 per brush and found in Target, Wal-Mart, and many drugstores.  Not sure if Ulta carries them.  Also not sure if they are sold in sets:  I like to buy them individually.

lovebaking123

I love using the ecotools angled brush for doing my eyebrows, it's not too big which is awesome. 

missey1973

A lot of people like IT Cosmetic Brushes and someone posted on another thread that ULTA has a nice set of IT brushes for under 50.00.

daeidre

Real Techniques is amazing quality for the price. Sets of 3-5 brushes are under $20, and you can buy a lot more individually for under $10 too. I would suggest picking up the face set and the eye set which would pretty much cover all your bases. They also have the travel set which I really like-- it has a fluffy shadow brush (which is great for concealer too), a flat foundation brush and an all-rounder buffing-style brush (which I use for everything from contouring to foundation to setting powder to blush). All synthetic, none of mine have shed (even when washed as far as I can remember) and they stand up to a lot of beating.

Nutthiya

I do agree, Real Techniques is the best.

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

That sounds awesome! Thank you Daeidre, that seems like just what I was looking for. :smileyhappy:

Britlee303

Ulta frequently has Real Techniques on sale for buy 1 get 1 half off, and on top of that you can use the $3.50 off of $10 coupons. I agree that they are awesome brushes (especially the face brushes), and if you wait for a sale you can get them for a really amazing price!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 105 hearts
  • 32 in conversation
    • kalex
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • lyravega
    • jojobe
    • ChicDabbler