Answer
glossy
What is a good hypoallergenic eyeliner for super sensi eyes?
(0) Hearts

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 11
lylysa
Answered

Clinique's eye products are all opthalmologist tested and great for sensitive eyes, Tarte is another line great for sensitive skin/allergies.

ChicDabbler
Answered

@glossy. Give Clinique a try, they are pretty basic but do try to make sure their products are good for sensitive eyes. Unless you are allergic to some natural ingredients, try go for a natural brand like Tarte or Josie Maran. What I usually do when checking out a product is sort by the lowest rating, then browse to see if anyone had allergic reaction.

starletta8
Answered
(0) Hearts

I second the recommendation for Clinique. They seem to go above and beyond when it comes to forumulas that even the most sensitive can wear.

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

The Makeup Forever Kohl pencil is a really good liner if you have sensitive eyes. Hope this helps!

DTalksAll
Answered
(0) Hearts

If you have sensitive eyes and want to use an eyeliner on the waterline or tightline, I would stay away from anything with kohl/kajal since they have lead in them. 

ashleynne
Answered
(0) Hearts

To be honest everyone's sensitivity is different. I'd stick to more natural brands or one's backed up by dermatologists. Clinique would definitely be a start to look at. I have slight sensitivity and am in love/will not use anything but Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner pencils. Also avoid putting eyeliner on your waterline if you can help it because it will get into your eyes and possibly make them irritated. 

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

The Kohl pencils are carried by so many cosmetics companies that I'm sure they are formulated safely or they would not be allowed to sell them.

DTalksAll
Answered
(0) Hearts

@beautylovingirl. No drama, just stating that someone with sensitve eyes shouldn't use kohl since their eyes water more & there's a greater risk of the lead getting into the eyes. It's not a lot of lead, but lead poisoining takes time. A small amount every day for years could cause a lot of damage over time. It should be a no brainer to not use kohl products when pregnant. 

Cosmetics are not regulated by the FDA, so there is noone to tell a company to change their ingredients or pull products off the shelves. 

http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductandIngredientSafety/ProductInformation/ucm137250.htm 

I tried finding a list of ingredients for the MUFE pencil and can't find it anywhere. 

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

@dannyc- If there was a highly dangerous amount of lead then everyone would be sick or blind from it. I guess since so many companies have them they are safe for consumer use.Also they would be pulled from the market. I guess if it's such a problem you should let the MUFE company know and let them take care of this issue for you. Everyone else here is fine and no drama is needed. Thanks.

DTalksAll
Answered
(0) Hearts

@beautylovingirl who would regulate it? the FDA? There's lead in lipstick & there's lead in kohl/kajal. It may be small traces, but if someone has sensitive eyes & is prone to tearing & rubbing, then there's a greater risk of the lead in the eyeliner to get into the eye. 

beautylovingirl
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@dannyc- Who's mentioning anyone is pregnant? I  don't know where that came from. That's great if you like Clinque but I love the MUFE pencil's have sensitive eyes and wear contacts and never any trouble. These are only suggestions I think people can make their own decisions. I've always posted what I want and what is the best product and will continue to due so. If you don't like it that's your opinion. I see alot of post on here I don't agree with but I don't criticize them for it because we don't do that on this forum because it would bring alot of  negativity and drama and that is not welcome.

Question Stats
  • 11 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • glossy
    • DTalksAll
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • ashleynne
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8