MintShake

What does bronzer do?

(0) Hearts

I've heard alot about bronzers, but I actually don't know what they do. 

krunce

Re: What does bronzer do?

(0) Hearts

Some people use bronzers to contour their face - to create false shadows at teh edges of their faces, at their temples, chin, and under their cheek bone, to give their face the sculpted look that celebrities have.

However, bronzer should actually be used to give your face a tan-like glow. Because it's a warm colour, and often has some shimmer in it, it can make your face look warmer and tanner instead of pale and porcelain. 

A lot of make up experts and Youtube experts recommend using other products for contouring - products whose colours are more the cool, muted neutrals and greys of actual shadows. Since colours don't appear warm unless they're bathed in light, it doesn't make sense for a shadow to appear warm.

I don't know if that made any sense :smileyindifferent:

Personally, I don't wear bronzers. My skin isn't super pale, but I don't feel insecure about not having a tanned face. I also have this cool sample of a tan-coloured BB cream that, if buffed out really carefully, mirrors a subtle tanned look but without the shimmer of a bronzer.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I have darkish skin (not too dark but not too light) it's more of a medium light, whenever I wear bronzer, it makes my face look more radiant? I'm not sure if that makes sense either. Actually, I tried Skinfinish but MAC but I don't know if that's bronzer. 

dianabt

(0) Hearts

@MintShake I personally use bronzer to make my skin appear a bit warmer and look like I've had some sun and coloring so I don't like too pale or washed out.

It's possible the powder you tried may have had a slight shimmer to it or actually helped to highlight your skin.  Some people use bronzer for contouring and to give shape and definition, but others (like myself) use it more like a blush for added coloring. Try a few different ones during your next store visit to see how they can work for you! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • MintShake
    • krunce