ashleynne

What do you guys think about Pixi and Sonia Kashuk makeup?

I own the anniversary set of the brushes for Sonia Kashuk and I love them. However I hardly ever shop at Target and do not buy makeup from there, but I have been curious about these brands makeup wise when I do go in. So what do you guys think of them? Is there something specific I should try out? The Pixi liner's sound really nice.

Shrewdle

Re: What do you guys think about Pixi and Sonia Kashuk makeup?

I love the Pixi liners, shadow pencils, and their tinted brilliance balms!

The eyeliners are definitely on par with Urban Decay. I would suggest getting their set of 5 mini sized liners plus sharpener for $18. You get a black, brown, sage-green, purple and champagne color, so you get to try out a variety of colors. They are super pigmented, and don't budge at all. 

Love the shadow pencils as well because they seriously don't budge or crease. But at $18 each, it's kind of pricey for a brand sold at Target. And the other drawback is that they are not twist-up. So you have to sharpen the plastic pencil, which is kind of weird. 

I have a few shades of the brilliance balm (Baby Bare and Unique Pink), and am planning to get more (Craving Coral, Orchid Petal are on my list!). It's so pigmented and stains my lips too when they finally wear off (maybe 5+ hrs). The only thing is that all of the shades are supposed to "react to the PH of your lips" which I don't really care for. And again, for a brand carried at Target, I expect a lower price point. The balms are $14, which is only $2 less than a MAC lipstick. (Not that the products are comparable)...it's just the pricing vs. the branding on this particular brand is not aligned, IMHO. 

ashleynne

See that was the part that confused me, the pricing on some of her items. For example from what it sounds like the liners are good quality and are at a good price for being a higher end drugstore brand. But when I look at the foundation, the brilliance balm's, primers, the price isn't that much different then a department store. That being said, if I had bought it from there the prices would make sense. However I won't pay those prices coming from Target unless there's a good reason to.

annypoo

[ Edited ]

They also sold Pixi at Ulta (I think they recently stopped selling it in stores) and it was on the prestige side of the store, if they helps justify the price lol :smileytongue: The only things I've tried is an eyeshadow palette and a blush/bronzer duo. I really like both.

I love Sonia Kashuk brushes. It's what I mostly purchase from her. Her makeup remover is also my HG. I don't find her shadows that pigmented. I do have one lipstick but I haven't tried it. I just bought it for the limited edition packaging.

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

Yeah if it was sold at Ulta that would make sense. It probably confused Target customers more than me! lol if all I used was drugstore I'd probably be thinking at that price there be gold in it LOL. Do her eyeshadows you really have to pack on to see the color? I'm pretty pale so a lot of stuff shows up on me.

andyhtrieu

I haven't tried Pixi's makeup, but I LOVE Sonia Kashuk. Her brand is a "luxury" drugstore brand. Her brushes, most eye shadows, gel eyeliner, lip products, and blush/bronzers are great!! My sisters and I have quite a few things from her. 

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

Do you own a monochrome eye quad? I was eyeing it online.

michelle164

I love the Pixi eye liners! they are so pigmented and last all day, also pretty good on my waterline. I have True Teal, Black Tulip and Oyster glow?. The oyster color is awesome as a inner corner highlight. And my fav eye liner ever is their green straight on tip morning which was part of a Tinkerbell collection, don't know if it is still available but that color is absolutely beautiful. They are just as good as Urban decay liners :smileyhappy: The lip colors  have chosen haven't had great pigmentation but that could be the shades I could find at my Target which is always picked clean. 

ashleynne

That is so awesome to hear! When I read the description and the reviews on the liners I kept thinking they should be similar to Urban Decay. So if they work just as well, I might have to make a switch as it is $8 cheaper. They sound lovely.

MLennon

I've only used her concealer palette, it's not bad..but it doesn't blend really well for me, and leaves a kind of cakeyness on my skin which I can't stand! I try to use it up..but always end up putting on my NARS concealer! 

MLennon

(0) Hearts

But I really do like her brushes!!!

immichaeld

I know a lot of people compare Sonia Kashuk's concealer to high end ones, but I have never personally tried any Pixie or Sonia Kashuk products. 

Hopefully we can get a good thread going on here!

Michael, xo

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

I hope so!!! I am very curious!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • michelle164
    • ashleynne
    • annypoo
    • andyhtrieu