Answer
morgancarter
Accepted Solution
What color of eye shadows go BEST with green eyes?

I have green eyes and im always up in the air on what color to buy that will bring out the green...:smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
mlbarte
Answered

A good friend of mine has green eyes-  we experimented with my BE eye colors and here are the ones she bought (that LOOK AMAZING!)

Eye Shadows:

In The Buff  (golden peach) Item # 818062

Nude Beach  (warm sand) Item # 748830

True Gold  (14k gold) Item # 748822

Angel  (fuchsia violet velvet) Item # 1250083  Great for going out!

Camp  (bronze) Item # 903476

Liners:

Skyline  (gray lilac) Item # 749028

Charcoal (soft grayish black) Item # 1251396

She loves hers and looks amazing!

Answers: 7
mymaserati
Answered

I've got green eyes too - green eyes are relatively rare  if you look at the statistics, so I love to help a sister out. Here are some of my favorite eye-popping shades:

* Purple: generally the go-to conventional color to bring out the green. Right now my favorite purple is Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Psychadelic Sister (a Sephora-exclusive shade). I also like Urban Decay Eyeshadow in AC/DC (Book of Shadows Volume II exclusive) and Flash, and Deluxe Eyeshadow in Fishnet. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in 1999 is also fantastic - I've been paid numerous compliments when wearing that shade.

* Red: probably works the best of any hue - go easy because it's an unconventional color for eyes that can be intimidating to some. I use Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Heat but I'm not sure if they still make it - see next point.

* Hot pink: works just as well as red without so much of the intensely fiery effect. I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Woodstock (a Sephora-exclusive shade).

*Green: tricky because if you pick the wrong shade, you will actually draw attention away from your eye color; I don't know how else to explain it except that you have to go on a case-by-case basis. My eyes are a darker green - that being said, here are some shades that work for me: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Mildew and Loaded (Book of Shadows Volume III exclusive), and Matte Eyeshadow in Chronic.

*Gray and Silver: if you're a fan of the undersell, you'll love the demure effect of light to medium grays. My favorite gray is Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Mushroom (Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows/Book of Shadows Volume II exclusive) - why this is not a permanent color, I will never know. It's a taupe-based gray and looks amazing. Urban Decay makes a Cream Eyeshadow in Mushroom that you could try if you can't get your hands on the palettes I mentioned, which were limited edition. Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Ruthless is also nice (it's actually what I'm wearing in my profile picture! It's very nice.. don't judge it based on that picture alone). Technically it's a neutral/beige shade but I consider it more gray. Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Dime is nice.

*Gold, Copper and Bronze: very flattering. I like Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Baked, Toasted, Smog, YDK, and Midnight Cowgirl (some glitter fallout but not as bad as other UD shades), and 24/7 Liner in El Dorado. 

Finally, I'd mention that I've found white eyeliner to be universally flattering on light skin tones. I wear it a lot just on its own. It makes me look AWAKE!  Love it. 

I use Urban Decay eye shadow exclusively, if you couldn't tell :smileywink:

soccertrack13
Answered

I have green eyes, and I really want to bring the rare color out.

Eye Liners: Some colors that I have found to work great is any types of browns, and purples, and sometimes even blues. Even black works if you use it in the right context. I have Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in black, and what I do is rim my waterline with it, and put a thin line above my upper lashes. Then I take a smudge brush and smudge it out. For purples, I take a liquid tanzanite color and line above my upper lash line, with a thin layer. And for blues, you want to stay away from anything too deep and too dark. You want to use like.. a light electric color (Urban Decay's or Makeup Forever's Aqua Eyes) and rim your waterline and a little bit under it. Putting on the top isn't needed.

Eye Shadows: Pinks, Blacks, Greens, Blues, Purples, and Browns all work great on green eyes. Not too much works the best and if you want the best turn out, use an eye shadow primer and almost any color will look good.

Mascara: Black will always work the best with any look!

chewcifer
Answered

in my opinion, the best shades for green eyes are maroon shades. they really bring out green eyes and brighten the appearance. i was a makeup artist and that's what i always used on green-eyed guests. they always loved what i did! my fave to use was last call by urban decay.

ssmittys
Answered

Smashbox has this kit for $60 that's specifically for green eyes. It has purpley and gray colors inside of it that are beautiful for green eyes. It also has instructions inside of it on how to achieve 3 different looks with the items within the kit.

Start with this, hope it helps :smileyhappy:

oliviabt
Answered

@Morgancarter, Colors like brown, apricot, purple, plum, deep khaki, forest green, and gold really make green eyes pop! Check out Kat Von D’s True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in True Love and LORAC’s Starry-Eyed Baked Eyeshadow Trio in Star Studded. I also recommend trying simple plum or brown mascara on days you don't feel like dealing with eyeshadow. :smileytongue:

XO,
Olivia
BlondieBell
Answered

I have green eyes also and plums and golds just make them pop! I use MAC-trax (best purple out there) :smileyhappy: then BE has amazing gold shadow. Its called pamper. Its beautiful!! Also, a great plum from BE is magical. Good luck!!

joji88
Answered
(0) Hearts

I also have green eyes, my eyes are very very green with a yellow ring in them. My best friend is a MAC makeup artist and always does my eyes and purples are the colors! Any shade from lavender to plum and even some light sparkly shades of green like in Kat Von D's palettes. Who ever posted red shades are a big NO NO! Red is a horrible shade and very few can pull it off without looking like a demon... Well good luck!

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 17 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • chewcifer
    • ssmittys
    • morgancarter
    • mymaserati
    • mlbarte
    • BlondieBell
    • joji88