Answer
cakm14
What color lipstick should I wear??

I am trying to find out the best shades of make up to wear. I don't wear foundation and am lucky to get away without it, have a blush I LOVE, and don't usually wear more than mascara on my eyes, but I really want to start wearing lipstick or a great lipstain. I'm pretty fairskinned with pink tones to my skin, have hazel eyes (more on the green side) and freckles.

I would love to know if there is a website out there that can help me find my colors? I've gone to Ulta before and was disappointed and Sephora was okay, but I think I got the girl on a bad day! Any advice?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
artemisgem
Answered
[ Edited ]

For someone of your coloring, subtle light pinks and peachy-pinks are usually best for a natural, everyday look, especially since you're just starting out with lip color. For something bolder, like for a party or a night out, sometimes it's nice to do bold lip colors like red or berry. I'm fair-skinned with pink undetones and green eyes, so I thought I'd recommend some lipstick/lipstains that comes in colors that are flattering for me because I'm sure they'd work for you too:

Tarte "LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint" (Sephora Product Page) This is a ultra-moisturizing and very long-lasting lipstain that comes in several colors very flattering to fair skin. Try "Charmed" (light pink) "Joy" (peach) and "Peaceful" (nude peach.) For more shimmery color, try Tarte "LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster" (Sephora Product Page) in "Adored" (light pink) or "Glisten" (peach.)

Buxom "Big & Healthy Lip Stick" (Sephora Product Page) is a hydrating, nondrying lipstick that defines the shape of lips like a liner, fills them in with creamy velvet color, and then plumps them to their full buxom potential. Try the shades "London" (baby pink), "Nantucket" (peachy nude), and "Vienna" (pink lilac.)

NARS "Lipstick" (Sephora Product Page) is a pure, creamy lipstick enriched with vitamin E to lock in moisture. Try the shades "Barbarella" (sheer peach), "Love Devotion" (sheer guava), "Mitzi" (sheer strawberry pink with shimmer), "Senorita" (shimmering cherry blossom), "Sexual Healing" (sheer shimmering peachy rose), and "Viva Las Vegas" (sheer shimmering champagne.)

I hope this helps you! :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa
Answered
(0) Hearts

Check out Make Up For Ever's Lipstick finder. You just type in your skin tone and coloring and it suggests pretty colors for you. Then, I'd go to the store and try out the MUFE suggestions to find one that you really like. Using the shade finder will help narrow down your search.

keelybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Cakm14.  Make Up For Ever has a great tool called the Lipstick Finder.  Simply choose your skin tone and hair color and it will give you a list of flattering shades. 

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=MAKE%20UP%20FOR%20EVER&contentId=C23481

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

It's best to use your skin tone to determine which shade of lipstick will look best on you.  Since you have fair skin, choose deep plum and wine reds with a blue undertone, light browns or beige with a pink undertone, or light shiny pinks with blue undertones.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • tenngal
    • prettyinpa
    • artemisgem
    • cakm14