marydiva

What beauty products/tools can you absolutely not live without?

I’m talking bare minimum, ladies. What products would you absolutely not want to live without? (excluding toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner & soap)

For me, the list is a little longer than I’d like to admit

-Curl Mousse (Okay, Okay, but seriously…I need this stuff like a crazy woman.)

-Facial Cleanser

-Moisturizer with SPF15

-Hand Lotion. I swear. I need this like NO other….

-Tweezerman Tweezers (Probably the most useful tool I own.)

wendyomgwar

Re: What beauty products/tools can you absolutely not live without?

(0) Hearts

I could go without makeup but not without lip balm and my skin care! 

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Cleanser, moisturizer, foundation, blush, bronzer, and eyeliner

DrWould

(0) Hearts

Cleanser

Scrub

Lip Balm

Mascara

Lipstick 

Thread (I thread my eyebrows)

Moisturizer

Liquid eyeliner

Pressed powder

Perfume

I think I could survive off of those if I absolutely had to!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

My list kept getting longer and thought about it, but these really are the basic products i need to be physically comfortable and not feel embarrassed about my appearance out in public :smileyhappy:

- Clarisonic

- Shiseido eye lash curler

- face wash

- moisturizer

- benzoyl peroxide cream

- tweezers

- lip balm

- mascara

- concealer

- blush

beeaaatrice

My two products:

- Concealer. I look like a zombie without it, my under eye area is terrible!

- Black eyeliner. I look like a fresh-faced 13-year-old without it (I'm 20) and I often get mistaken for being a high schooler!

I can do without mascara because I've got some thick (albeit straight) eyelashes, and I was blessed with really great skin so foundation only serves to even it out a little bit. Plus, I'm darker so I don't need SPF in all my products :smileyhappy:

MKay8

When I realized on vacation last month that I had forgotten to pack my ENTIRE makeup bag - Eeeeeeek! - I told my husband: "Ya know, you often hear the question among women of what the one product is that they absolutely couldn't live without, if they could only have one. Now that I've actually been stranded without my face, I realize that you truly don't know the answer for sure until you're actually in that situation." I would have said foundation or a lip product before, but the first thing I thought, after my heart stopped pounding long enough for me to have a thought, was "Dear God, please at least let me have some mascara hiding somewhere!" So I realized that's the one thing I have to have if all else is lost. :smileysurprised:) And I wouldn't wish that nightmare on anyone else! 

poemelyric

Foundation, mascara and lip gloss... I'm very basic for the summer.  But fall is a completely different story!

clarks18

Moisturizer

Night Cream

Eye Cream

Facial Cleanser

Tweezers

Undereye Concealer

Mascara

Eyelash Curler

Eyeliner

Blush

Lip Balm

Without these products I would look like a hot mess.  Oily, dry skin and huge undereye bags is not a good look for me.  My eyes just don't look right without liner and mascara.  I need the blush to look like I'm actually living and not a zombie because I am fairer than fair.  So of course I have SPF in every product I can.

melissa93

I totally agree with you about the liner and mascara! I can't go out without it! If i have some tinted moisturizer with spf and liner and mascara I'm good to go!  

laurabt

Hi ladies! Like most of you, with my fair skin, I can't live without SPF on my face (& any body parts exposed to sun).  Also, I cannot live without my chapstick -- I never leave the house without it!  As far as makeup, I think I look pretty scary without mascara & under eye concealer, so those are must-haves!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

prettyinpa

Fun thread!

Lip Balm with SPF, otherwise any sun exposure results in messy cracked lips. I am definitely guilty of hoarding this stuff, it's in all jacket pockets, my purse, my desk drawers...

Sunscreen with at least SPF 30, I burn like crazy! Plus then I can tell my dermatologist without fibbing that I'm actually wearing the stuff!

Does antiperspirant count?  

Cuticle cream, I have double cuticles and if I don't keep them hydrated they peel off and bleed, ouch!

lylysa

AMEN TO ALL OF THAT!

I just reapplied lip balm today like crazy (exfoliated with table sugar while at work, hahah!). Lip products everywhere, it's almost a good/bad thing when I've carried the same bag around for so long but forget I've already tossed in a balm and end up with 4 or 5 with me at any given time!

On top of that, I always mix SPF of at least 50 in with my body lotion or day cream and apply it at the start of the day, even on rainy or overcast days. There may be moments where I forgo my full skin care routine if say I need to just run a quick errand, but I always make sure to slap on my SPF 30 lotion on my face!

To Prettyinpa, have you tried using safflower oil or sesame seed oil on your cuticles too? That's what I've been doing and it works so well! It doesn't take crazy long to absorb into clean nail beds either!

prettyinpa

@lylysa-

Going to try your oil recommendation for sure!  I used to use Dior Creme Abricot cuticle cream and did like it, but not the price tag since it doesn't last all that long, so I'm in search of new cuticle treatment. The Sally Hansen cream doesn't really moisturize enough and I tried a sample of Essie Apricot oil, which does smell nice, but doesn't hydrate enough.

thanks!

lylysa

I used the Essie oil too and liked the smell, but I still prefer sesame or almond oil.

Safflower is great to use all over the body after the shower too!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • prettyinpa
    • marydiva
    • poemelyric
    • wendyomgwar
    • lylysa