Answer
klc1103
What are the 5 best makeup products from sephora?

I'm new to sephora. Going into the store is kind of overwhelming and I don't know what to get. So I'm looking for a few makeup products to get. Any suggestions???

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 15
gardenstt
Answered

I really love Nars Multiples which l use mostly on the cheeks (Orgasm is a great color for almost anyone!). I think Urban Decay makes the best eyeliners, I used to not even use eyeliner because I was never good at applying it but theirs are super smooth. Buxom has great lipglosses. They have a good color and feel smooth and even smell good. If you are looking for mascara Dior is the best, though I think drugstore mascaras work almost as well (as long as you have a good lash curler). I can't think of a fifth product to recommend that I know I love, so that's it!

melissabt
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi Klc1103,

You can also view Sephora's Top Rated Products that are reviewed by our clients by clicking here.

<3 Melissa
ran8
Answered

Five products worth looking into:

NARS Lip Gloss

Urban Decay Eye shadows or eye shadow palette(s)

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes (there is also a Limited box set available too)

And a mascara.  Everyone has their preferences on these.  Either Diorshow or YSL's Faux Cils.  There is quite a bit of fandom over the Fairydrops Scandal Queen mascara, which is an exclusive. 

-------------------------------

Or you could do a fun little box set.  Example:   Sephora's Bestsellers .  There are lots of fun gift and box sets that might help the selection process not feel as intimidating. 

Ask a cast member (employee) for assistance.  They should be able to direct you to great products within your budget.  Hopefully they can make the trip not seem intimidating. 

If on a tighter budget, look at the Sephora Collection of items.  A good array of colors and underrated eye shadows.  The Sephora brushes and brush sets are worth looking at to put your look together. 

Hope that helps. 

kimmi1115
Answered

Welcome to the world of Sephora!  Be warned, it can be addicting! lol.  Since the Holidays are around the corner, many companies have already released some of their gift sets.  Purchasing a gift set would be an excellent way to try some products.  Aside from various gift sets, here are some products that come to mind for you to look into:

1. Urban Decay Eyeshadows.  They are so pigmented and blend very well. 
  2. Urban Decay Primer Potion for Eyeshadow.  This will help your eyeshadow last all day.  No creasing or fading.
  3. OPI for Sephora nailpolish.  The colors are of great quality, and there are also mini sets available.
  4. Kat Von D Lipstick.  I love her line of lipstick.  It doesn't dry my lips out or anything.
  5. Benefit Foamingly Clean Cleanser.  Not makeup, but it's important to have a good face wash.
hannah018
Answered
(0) Hearts

These are my top 5 Sephora favorites, I love them all!!!

1. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals blush - the loose blush looks so natural and blends so easily! 

2. Buxom BuxomLash mascara - doesn't clump, separates all my lashes and lengthens while holding a curl!

3. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals loose eyeshadows - all the colors are absolutely beautiful, I am obsessed!!

4. Kat Von D tattoo liquid liner - it is in a pen-like container and when you take the cap off it has a brush that is not felt tip. It is great for precision, you can make lines thick or thin and winged liner is so easy!

5. Buxom lipgloss - beautiful, not sticky, shiny!!

Hope this helped :smileyhappy:

carolang
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If I was new to Sephora I probably would go in and buy 2 things... so if you want to dip your toe in I recommend...

1) Nars blush in Madly - perfect neutral seashell pink that looks great during the day or at night when paired with a bold lip (when you don't know what color blush to pair with it)

2) Urban Decay eye shadow palette - Naked 1 (if you're warm/like neutrals), Naked 2 (if you're cool tone/like neutrals), or the Ammo palette if you like fun colors!

You could get these for under $100 (~$55 if you get a blush and a colorful eye shadow palette! Naked palettes are $50 each)

amy143
Answered
(0) Hearts

You should try the Clinique Almost Lipstick. I have hard to match skin tone and all of the shades I've tried rock. Also the Quickliner for eyes.

clarks18
Answered
(0) Hearts

Tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder- this is great at helping you t-zone stay matte through the day. It's is also not a dry, cakey feeling powder. It is a great light-weight powder that locks your makeup into place.

Benefit Porefessional Primer- If you are just getting into makeup a primer would be a great addition to your collection. This one doesn't get oily through the day. It smooths everything out very nicely and creates a nice clean and smooth surface for your makeup to adhere to. You only need to use a teeny tiny bit, it works wonders.

Lorac Eyeshadows- These shadows I feel like go unnoticed which is a shame because they are incredible!! The Lorac Pro Palette is amazing. It's a great value as well as a great collection of matte and shimmery colors. They blend like butter and are very silky feeling. The single pan shadows are amazing as well.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Gel Liner- Hands down the best gel liner around.  I converted from MAC's Black Track Fluidline.  This gel liner is the blackest black.  It has great staying power and doesn't fade throughout the day.  It also comes in a few other colors that are very pretty too.  The double ended brush it comes with applies the gel very nicely.  Better than any other eyeliner brushI have in my collection.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel- This gel is amazing if you have oily/combo skin. It's very light feeling and drys quickly. It's nice to wear in the summer because of how light-weight it is. It also is great in the winter too because you get the moisture you need without your skin drying out.

There are so many great brands and products at Sephora. If you are new to Sephora or Makeup I recommend going into the store and spending some serious time just browsing around. The associates are usually great and willing to help too. Best of luck!

annonymous1
Answered
(0) Hearts

Personally these are my top 5.

1.) Murad Clarifying Wipes For Blemish-Prone Skin - i mean i don't have blemish prone skin, but its good in the morning to get the oil off my face and start fresh before i start putting my makeup on. 

2) Makeup Forever HD Foundation - this is my h.g foundation, this literally covers every single blemish on my face, and erases my redness and as far as i know sephora is the only store that carries that brand. 

3.) Kat Von D "Saint" palette, or Naked 2 - these are both really good to start with, both very highley pigmented and very pretty nude colors. 

4.) Benefit Oh lala Lift - reading the reviews of this i was scared that i had bought it, but honestly this is my everyday makeup, with just a little concealer and a little bit at the end of your eye it instantly perks up your eyes making them look wider and awake. 

5.) Fresh sugar lip polish - at least for me this is a must have, i wear tons of lipstick and i use the scrub when my lips are chapped so my lipstick goes on smoothly, plus it tastes like sugar :smileyhappy: 

beautyrocks2
Answered
(0) Hearts
One absolute must is tart lights, camera, lashes mascara! I have tried every mascara on the market and it is the very best! I
It lengthens and thickens like no other!

neko333
Answered
(0) Hearts

Well I always suggest samples. However I highly suggest you take a look at Korres Makeup. It seems underrated but I really like it. I have the mascara, powder blush, mineral foundation, illuminating powder, primer,lip butter glaze, and lip bitter. So far I have yet to find a bad egg. The only thing I will say is the foundations not the best if you have really dry skin,but you should be fine if you use moisturizer and one of their primers. It's natural looking makeup, however why I like the line so much is it's easy to apply and seems to be goof proof. It's not something you have to fiddle with.

JChristina19
Answered
(0) Hearts

For starters, I don't really recommend any full-sized products to buy first becasue trying out the product in a sample or travel sized is better in case you don't like a product and throw out a big tube of product in the trash or your money!! It's a much better value becasue they are value kits! Check out the Palettes and Value Kits in the Make-up section online and see what you can find. Also, the sales are pretty nice too, so you can pick up a few things from there too! 

PS: Welcome to the fabulous world of Sephora, love! We're always here for you. :smileywink: 

stacibar98
Answered
(0) Hearts

My top 5 favorite products: 

1) High Beam by Benefit: It is my #1 favorite- it's like adding light in just the right places!  I put it on my brow bone just under my brow arch, in the inside corner of my eyes (a tiny bit does the trick!), a touch along my upper lip and a touch on my chin.  It's a finishing touch, to do at the end of your make up, and WOW!  One bottle will last a life time I swear, it's one you won't regret!

2) Pore Fessional by Benefit: Pore Fessional is like a magic eraser for pores!  I add a little bit in my trouble spots, after my foundation: my nose, and the areas next to my nose where pores like to show up.  It starts out creamy and finishes as a silky smooth powder.  A little goes a long way- this is another Benefit product that you really get your money's worth!

3) Lorac Eyeliner: Front of the Line Pro is the best eyeliner I have ever tried.  It's a liquid, but the tip of the applicator is like a cross between a marker and a super tiny fine paint brush.  Talk about a perfect fine and straight line, it's practically mistake proof.  You can wear a little or add as much as you like for a more dramatic look. The color I like best is Dark Brown. It adds definition without going too black (I am blonde so I have to go lighter than black).  It's $23, but totally worth it because it lasts forever and you don't waste any because it has a lid. 

4) Make Up Forever Matte Finishing Powder: This is a loose powder that can be applied with the puff or with a brush.  I use it to set my foundation and to take down any shine on my cheeks and forehead.  I use this right before I apply the High Beam (see item #1).  Talk about a perfect face!

5) Kat Von D High Voltage Eyeshadow Primer: There are a lot of good eyeshadow/eye lid primers out there, but I just couldn't keep spending the big bucks on the Urban Decay when it kept drying out and didn't have much in the container. The Kat Von D eyeshadow primer is the lowest priced one, and does the job perfectly!  I can't tell you the difference a good eyeshadow primer makes- if you wear eye shadow at all, you deserve to do it right.  For $15 this is a must have!

I have been a Sephora customer for years, and I would not buy my make up anywhere else.  I really love the fact that I can try something and send it back for free if it doesn't work out.  No more wasted money on products that didn't work!  Plus, I signed up for the Beauty Insider deals (it's crazy not to!)  The perks, free samples and gifts are AMAZING!  And before you check out each time, search on the word "promotions;"  this is another perk that is too good to pass up- there is always something free with a $25 purchase PLUS you always get three free samples regardless of your order total.  It's like Christmas in every box!  I hope this top 5 helps you get started.  I'm telling you, you will be hooked for life!   ~Stacy Z.

zlovesjazz
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. Stila Stay all Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black - THE BEST liquid eyeliner. Ive had 8am-11pm days and haven't had to touch it up ONCE.

2.Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation with Secret Camouflage Concealer. The best duo!! Honestly any Laura Mercier face makeup products are great.

3.NARS blush in Orgasm. Enough said.

4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer potion. Works with any shadow and makes it last all day!!!!

5. Urban Decay Naked Palette!!!!

luvmynails
Answered
(0) Hearts

klc1103 wrote:

I'm new to sephora. Going into the store is kind of overwhelming and I don't know what to get. So I'm looking for a few makeup products to get. Any suggestions???

Depends I am in high school and usually do not wear red lipsticks but I love the Clinique cleanser, toner, and lotion. Even though I do not have acne or pimple occasionally I would get a pimple but now with the clique I have not got one ever again. 

Question Stats
  • 15 answers
  • 13 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • hannah018
    • amy143
    • ran8
    • kimmi1115
    • annonymous1
    • melissabt
    • klc1103
    • beautyrocks2