What are some things makeup companies do that you don't like?

bittersweet86

What are some things makeup companies do that you don't like?

Ok now I don't want to try and start a bad thread but I thought it would be interesting to see what are some things people don't like about companies. Now I'm not talking about like animal testing or over photoshopped images stuff like that but more little things that just kind of get annoying after a while. 

For me it's a few things like example Mac (which I do love) always seem to come out with this little exclusive collections that are only online and the only way you find out about them is going on the site or from a email. The collections though end up being all permanent items that are already in their stores. Or another example was when Urban Decay came out with the Alice palette it was basically the same colors as another palette but with different names but they said it was new colors. 

So I guess when companies just flat out lie about a product annoys me. 

If this thread is not appropriate please let me know and I will delete it because I do not want to cause trouble or drama. ^_^ 

bittersweet86

Re: What are some things makeup companies do that you don't like?

Very very true. I once saw Mac in a dillards do a buy one get one on eyeshadows and I was amazed (of course bought like 3...so got 6 shadows that day) but I've never seen or heard of it again. 

miabt

(0) Hearts

I know what you mean!  I'm a huge fan of MAC & UD and their LE Collections absolutely kill me!  I actually missed out on their latest "RiRi Woo" last week since it was an online exclusive & everyone was tying up the site :smileysad:  I wasn't too deflated about it, since I already have soooo many reds & love my Ruby Woo.  I'm a sucker for packaging & LE items.  Each company has its pros & cons, and I'm fairly accustomed to certain policies or procedures.  The things they do distinguish their clientele.  I honestly feel lucky that companies make such an effort with promos & whatnot, because lets be honest, they don't really OWE us anything and some people take advantage of their generosity or feel entitled to more :smileytongue:

xo, Mia

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

Well you missed nothing from the RiRi woo collection because it wasn't in LE packaging and it's also coming back out I think 2-3 more times this year one of which I think will be in LE packaging ^_^ 

miabt

(0) Hearts

I know its coming back in the summer... its that feeling of exclusivity that made me want it RIGHT when it came out!  I doubt I'll be running for it when it comes back, but I am guilty of at least attempting to buy it!

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

Oh yeah I know what you mean I called the Las Vegas Pro store just to get some of the shadows from the Nudes & Metallics collection so I could say I have some haha....but I love them so it was a good purchase. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 67 replies
  • 100 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex