bittersweet86

What are some things makeup companies do that you don't like?

Ok now I don't want to try and start a bad thread but I thought it would be interesting to see what are some things people don't like about companies. Now I'm not talking about like animal testing or over photoshopped images stuff like that but more little things that just kind of get annoying after a while. 

For me it's a few things like example Mac (which I do love) always seem to come out with this little exclusive collections that are only online and the only way you find out about them is going on the site or from a email. The collections though end up being all permanent items that are already in their stores. Or another example was when Urban Decay came out with the Alice palette it was basically the same colors as another palette but with different names but they said it was new colors. 

So I guess when companies just flat out lie about a product annoys me. 

If this thread is not appropriate please let me know and I will delete it because I do not want to cause trouble or drama. ^_^ 

DTalksAll

Re: What are some things makeup companies do that you don't like?

(0) Hearts

Ahhhh fake lashes are so annoying on mascara adds. 

Ok... stay on topic... HUGE packaging for 0.05 oz of product drives me nuts! 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@bittersweet86- I know and customers are the ones who makes Viva Glam what it is!

kd006

I know this doesn't directly relate to this topic but kind of.

I can't STAND when I go to a store and there is a security at the edge of the door. I know they are just there for shop lifters, but since I am younger (by younger I mean in my 20's), I feel like they are staring at me more because they expect me to be a shoplifter. I honestly feel uncomfortable in some stores. For example, a couple weeks ago I went to the mall of america.. huge mall.. I know a lot of people must shop there, but every high end store ie. coach, henri bendel, J crew, and even not so high end, like forever 21, american eagle, etc.. they all stare at me like im shoplifting! It drives me nuts! I am not the type to shoplift, nor will I ever, and I know that they don't know that, but while they are staring me down, there's a girl probably walking out the store with a $30 shirt in her bag!

There's my rant.. Sorry it doesn't directly relate to the topic... but sorta. lol

prettyinpa

I'm long past teenager and I still get stared at in some stores by the security person by the door. Though usually all they do is open and close the door for me and a wish me a nice day. (Though I HATE when they say, "Thank you for stopping ma'm"). I still look around expecting my grandmother to be behind me! I always shop longer and actually try to buy something when someone addresses me as "miss". Flattery will get you everywhere.

bittersweet86

Yup I learned long time ago to always call women "miss" even if I see a 70+ little lady working some where I always say "miss" if I need help.

One thing that bugs the Sh** out of me is some guys who don't like to be called "sir" they come back at you with " Don't call me Sir, I work for a living" (not sure if that's just dumb military high ups but yeah....been in the military my whole life and married a military man) but yes what the hell am I suppose to call you?!?!?! it would be rude for me to call you "Mister" like " Hey Mister...or Mr" I'm not a 5 year old. 

kd006

I can see why ma'am would be irritating. I know people use it as a way to show respect, but I NEVER say it at my work (customer service) because I know people don't like it. It's VERY old fashioned.. and people need to update with the times.. ma'am sounds old.

Usually I always say like "well you have a nice day now" or "you two have a good night"

I don't like to use any type of gender association because sometimes people get offensive about it, especially if they are possibly transgender or anything. I now have gotten a promotion into the management team and I have had many comments about people using sir and ma'am or anything.

Just my input :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

Ma'am is actually very common where I live, and considered respectful. I do live in the south though! (and can bust out some southern twang like nobody's business :smileyvery-happy: )

kimmi1115

I know exactly what you mean about the southern twang, especially when I get excited and start talking a lot lol.  :smileyvery-happy:  However, since I am an English major, I can control it, but it is a part of me.  Of course, my students cannot use the word "ain't" in their papers.  Save that word for talking with your friends; that's what I do lol.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

The funny part for me is that I'm not truly southern... I lived in NY until I was about 11. I'm one of those people that if I'm around someone talking in an accent, my brain starts to slip that accent in while I'm talking. If I have patient that has a southern, new york, british, etc accent, you'll start to hear my words changing! My coworkers make fun of me, but I can't help it haha.

kd006

(0) Hearts

That's funny how in different parts of the country it is viewed differently! :smileyhappy:

bittersweet86

Oh yeah I hate that too. I hated even more when I was in highschool because I dressed a bit more goth (well black shirt and those baggy pants hot topic use to sell) and they would stare at me when I was in the stores too but I still get it now some times (im 27 now) 

sephoralovex

I agree. It's really irritating because they tend to stare down at younger people and no one else. I think that's why most of my shopping these days are done online. Especially when I'm in MAC. I've noticed they will watch my every move and that makes me so UNCOMFORTABLE to the point where i cant even look at products in peace. I've noticed when i am in Nordstrom also, the SA there wont leave me alone or they will stand at a short distance and be like ill be here if you need anything. And they'll just stand there and look at me and no one else!! It's not like im 13 and dont know what im doing...

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

Haha at least the people at  your MAC pay attention to you, they completely ignore me. There was one guy at my local mac that would say Hi to me all the time and we would talk about makeup but he's no longer there :smileysad:

kd006

(0) Hearts

The MAC store that I went to is teeny tiny. I had never been to a mac store and it was bothersome how small it was! Their product is practically bulging out of the door! Try cramming 100 people in your bedroom and that is how tight that store was. I got good service when i went there but it seriously felt like I was a sardine in there. Are all mac stores like that? I mean, good lord..

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

That I know of yes all Mac stores are like that haha. The one at my  Macys thankfully has a big door opening on two sides so it doesn't feel as bad but yeah if there are 2 girls around the lipstick area good luck getting to them. The ones inside actual department stores aren't as bad but still close together. 

kd006

Exactly! I work customer service as well and one of the things they specifically say in training is that you should make the customer aware that you are there by saying hello because it makes it harder for them to shoplift when they know that you know that they are there. So after I say hello and ask if they need help I say okay let me know if you need any help and I walk away.. Don't just stand there and stare at them.. UGH!

beautylovingirl

I don't know why they don't offer more gifts there are a lot of people who don't like it, okay but there's a lot of people who aren't familiar with it and probably would be apt to try if they could start out slow and just with a few products like ones in a gift set.

roxystar4

i feel like MAC thinks they are too "good" to offer gift sets. But really it gets customers in the store and buying things so I dont know why they don't.

bittersweet86

I know they do so many great things like the Viva Glam thing and the whole holiday charity stuff but they never really give anything back to costumers it's very disappointing.  

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

When I was new to MAC (about 4 years ago) I asked the sales associate if they ever run sales or have gift sets if you purchase X amount of makeup and she gave me a look (not a good look- lol).  

beautylovingirl

Nothing inappropriate about this. I know what you mean about MAC I love it too but I think that they could put together some bonus sets like Clinique, Lauder, Lancôme, all these seem like they always have a gift w/purchase but MAC never does or not that I have seen.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 67 replies
  • 100 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex