Answer
alare
Accepted Solution
Wedding Makeup

My wedding isn't for a while, but I'd like to buy some makeup particularly for the big day.  I want to try it out first (of course) since I will be doing my own makeup.  What do you all suggest as far as foundation, concealer, powder, the whole sha-bang?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
waterbaby1981
Answered

I would suggest checking out the Laura Mercier line.  I used it for my July 2006 wedding (little chapel, no A/C, dead of summer) as well as the makeup for the wedding party for my sister's wedding this past August (outdoor, dead of summer, HOT).  It was sweaty, hot, etc., but that makeup DID NOT MOVE.  I wouldn't worry too much about wearing SPF in pictures either...the pictures from both weddings I had sunblock on and it didn't shine, reflect, or look funny. 

What I used for makeup:

Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer

LM Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 20 in Porcelain

Bobbi Brown Corrector

LM Undercover Pot (has the camoflage, concealer and translucent loose setting powder in one pot)

Nars Blush/Bronzer Duo in Orgasm/Laguna

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original

Urban Decay Naked palette

UD 24/7 Eyeliner Pencils

Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara (or any other waterproof mascara you like)

Chanel Lipstain in Rose Garnet or Rose Morganite (these last for at least 8-10 hours...I've tested it and stay on through eating, drinking, kissing.  Has a gloss to go over it as well.)

I hope this helps.  I know I would've definitely appreciated it before my wedding if I'd been able to ask what worked for other people for their weddings!

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • waterbaby1981
    • alare