Answer
alare
Accepted Solution
Wedding Makeup

My wedding isn't for a while, but I'd like to buy some makeup particularly for the big day.  I want to try it out first (of course) since I will be doing my own makeup.  What do you all suggest as far as foundation, concealer, powder, the whole sha-bang?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
corrin99
Answered

Congratulations!  I will list some nice products for all day wear and a flawless finish. 

Foundation: Illamasqua skin base, this is used on a youtube pixiwoo video for a red carpet look recently, you should watch it.  You're going to want a thin base with full coverage and not a lot of spf, pics will be whitish bc of spf and pics show more imperfections than real life.

Primer: Smashbox or Sephora are both nice smoothing primers.

Powder: MUFE HD it's a silicone powder that will blur imperfections

Undereye concealer: Bobbi Brown corrector, peach to get rid of any blue

Concealer for impections: Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier

Blush:  Nars in Orgasm is beautiful on most people, but you may want to be matched to your natural flushed color.

Eyeshadow: I would go with satin colors mostly bur the Too Faced Natural pallet is beautiful, Bobbi Brown has very nice color options

Liner: Smashbox Jet Set, it's easy to work with full color and waterproof

Mascara: DiorDior Show waterproof

False Lashes: I would go with a natural but enhancing lash like MUFE 156 or 157, I know that individual or small sets go on easier and look quite natural.

Lash curler: Shiseido

Lips: Go with a balm tint like Clinique Chubby Stick in a natural color like your tongue color or your lips when bitten.  The drugstore brands are moving in on this territory, Revlon lip butters and Loreal colored balms are new and beautiful.

Luminizer: Josie Maran argan illuminizer for the tops of cheeks and your cupids bow

Brows: Clinque Superfine Liner or Anistasia tinted brow gel

Answers: 2
waterbaby1981
Answered

I would suggest checking out the Laura Mercier line.  I used it for my July 2006 wedding (little chapel, no A/C, dead of summer) as well as the makeup for the wedding party for my sister's wedding this past August (outdoor, dead of summer, HOT).  It was sweaty, hot, etc., but that makeup DID NOT MOVE.  I wouldn't worry too much about wearing SPF in pictures either...the pictures from both weddings I had sunblock on and it didn't shine, reflect, or look funny. 

What I used for makeup:

Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer

LM Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 20 in Porcelain

Bobbi Brown Corrector

LM Undercover Pot (has the camoflage, concealer and translucent loose setting powder in one pot)

Nars Blush/Bronzer Duo in Orgasm/Laguna

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original

Urban Decay Naked palette

UD 24/7 Eyeliner Pencils

Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara (or any other waterproof mascara you like)

Chanel Lipstain in Rose Garnet or Rose Morganite (these last for at least 8-10 hours...I've tested it and stay on through eating, drinking, kissing.  Has a gloss to go over it as well.)

I hope this helps.  I know I would've definitely appreciated it before my wedding if I'd been able to ask what worked for other people for their weddings!

corrin99
Answered

I forget to list some great videos to watch to study up just type in the channels and look up their wedding videos.  Lisa Eldridge, Pixiwoo and Tiffany D.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • waterbaby1981
    • alare