meagboho

We are all beautiful - Colbie Caillat's new song "Try"

I can't post links here, but basically it's a song about how hard it is for women with beauty standards and how hard we all try, and she goes from airbrushed/photoshopped in the music video to completely natural, as do a bunch of "normal" women. It's pretty cool. 

I'm not about to stop wearing make up, I do it for me, but I think the message against perfection, photoshop, etc is very good.

Cupcakecandy

Re: We are all beautiful - Colbie Caillat's new song "Try"

(0) Hearts

Thanks for sharing meag! I loved both the lyrics and the message behind them! Also, Colbie has a beautiful voice!

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

i finally saw it, and yes, it is wonderful! A nice diverse group of ladies--all ages, sizes, colors, looks, etc. What a great message...I hope more people are able to see it. I have to confess it is making me think about how I see myself. I struggle lately with my own self-image and what I see in myself.

dianabt

I haven't had a chance to see this video yet but the one I have seen is the John Legend one for "You and I" which also has a pretty good empowering message about beauty and feeling gorgeous! :smileyhappy: 

I'll def have to check out this one by Colbie, I like her- thanks for sharing meagboho! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
arielaaaaaaaa

I saw the video and i thought it was just AMAZING! I really like the song and it send such a great message!! 

andyhtrieu

I think the makeup artist was Scott Barnes! He's one of the best. 

I'm tired of seeing overly photoshopped and filtered pictures on INSTAGRAM. It makes me mad that a lot of "makeup artists" on Instagram have to have 2348 filters to smooth out the skin. I'm fine with using photoshop and filters to fix brightness/contrast/exposure and stuff, but if they have to smooth out the skin, it just means that their skills aren't good. Tons of people pay over $300 to take one of their "classes" expecting to have makeup like Kim K, but that doesn't happen. It just shows off their editing skills and not their makeup skills. 

knuevekm

Colbie has such a beautiful voice!

meagboho

A different kind of before and after:upload_8575773416780006879.jpgupload_1773773793952455366.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • dianabt
    • Cupcakecandy
    • knuevekm
    • gogreyhound
    • andyhtrieu