Heatoyos1

Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil For Tightlining

[ Edited ]

I'm currently looking for the best waterproof pencil eyeliner for tightlining my upper and lower waterline--I'd like to stay within about a $22 budget. (I do not want to use liquid eyeliners, or eyeliners in a pot.) 

My face perspires easily, especially during the summer, so even waterproof eyeliners bleed and smudge underneath my eyes--even when I use Benefit Stay Don't Stray primer below my eyes.

I have tried Urban Decay's 24/7 waterproof eyeliner and Sephora's waterproof eyeliner, and both bled terribly. It does not look professional, and I hate having to constantly wipe off the smudges in the restroom--which is probably not great for the delicate under-eye area. 

I am thinking about trying MUFE's Aqua Eyes, or possibly Tarte SmolderEYES. Any other suggestions for around $22 or so?

**There was a best waterproof eyeliner pencil question from 2010, so I thought I would start a newer discussion

sueshee

Re: Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil For Tightlining

I like the Marc Jacobs eyeliner.

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the MJ suggestion!

jozkid

Second this! That's why I bought it in the first place!

weeeeweeeeeee

Second and a half?

While it does not budge and has great staying power but my first time using it, it flaked little clumps into my eye/contacts, therefore I find that it dries out faster compared to other pencil liners. I kept my closed tightly and stored properly.

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

So I tried the NARS Larger Than Life eyeliner on Randee's suggestion, and it was pretty good at not bleeding, but I had the same issue with flaky clumps getting into my eyes/contacts. 

I tried a sample of MUFE AquaEyes on my hand. It was very creamy, and smudged easily on my hand even after I let it dry. So I think it would probably smudge, like UD 24/7 liner did. 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your input! I wear contacts, too, so flaky clumps would drive me crazy! I'm kinda leaning toward NARS because it has a less creamy formula. 

coincoin

btw...u can try milani eyeliner.  it's pretty good for a drugstore brand.

coincoin

Have you tried to put eyeshadow on top the eyeliner for your waterline?  it helps my eyeliner to stay on put all day.

Zpsid91

I find doing that, or putting a skin tone eyeshadow right underneath my liner line helps a lot - I don't usually get smudging that way!!

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Great tip!

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

No, I've never tried that or Milani! Thanks for the suggestions!

RandeeBT

Hi Heatoyos1!

I highly recommend trying NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner. It is $24.00 so it is $2.00 more expensive than your price restriction, however, it is worth every penny. This eyeliner stays put on my waterline for much longer than any eyeliner I have ever tried. It lasts about 6 to 8 hours before it begins to fade. It is a slightly drier formula which I think actually helps keep it on the waterline for longer than creamy eyeliner formulas like Urban Decay and Make Up For Ever. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

I think that this will be my next purchase, thanks!

VC425

I know you said that you are looking for a pencil, but have you looked into the Laura Mercier Cake Tightliner? It's 23.00, and doesn't budge! I don't use it very often, but when I do want to tightline, this makes a huge difference. It is a bit different to use, so there is a bit of a learning curve, but it's a cool product!

http://www.sephora.com/tightline-cake-eye-liner-P285323?skuId=1323203

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Awesome suggestion, thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • weeeeweeeeeee