Answer
britani
Want to get my makeup done for prom?
(0) Hearts
I'm trying to figure out where to get my makeup done for prom. I have a bunch of counters around me. Sephora, Dior, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Estée Lauder, MAC, Estée Lauder and Lancome.I'm considering Bobbi Brown, Dior, Chanel, and Lancôme because I've heard really great things about their makeup. Have you gotten your makeup done at any of these places? How much does it cost? Did you like the result? Was it worth it?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
islandqt
Answered

For your age and the occasion I would probably pick Sephora. You would literally have the choice of any product and wouldn't be limited to one brand. I also think Sephora consultants tend to be more honest and are open to suggestions.

As for the others, if you are fair to light skinned I would go with Chanel or Estee Lauder. The thing is, these brands cater to an older clientele and I'm not sure how modern or fun a look they will give you.

If you haev dark skin you could go to MAC  or Bobbi Brown. If you choose MAC make sure they don't do anything overly dramatic (unless that's what you want). I love MAC and their personnel, I've almost always had good experiences but they tend to a bit heavy handed with their makeup looks.

Bobbi Brown will give you clean, sophisticated look but if you want a look that is vibrant or colorful then they're prob not the best option for you.

Dior is pretty luxe and great if you want a sultry/smoky look but if you want luxury and a good range of vibrant color I would try Yves Saint Laurent. I just think some of their products are really great.

Lancome will also give you a clean, fresh look and many of their foundations are good for sensitive skin.

I hope this helps!!

ran8
Answered
(0) Hearts

It really depends on the represenative or cast member.  Consider the positive experiences and disregard the negative ones.  If you find a rep you love, ask for their business card. 

Overall, I've had better experiences and results with makeovers from Sephora, Saks, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom.  With Sephora, there are lots of brands a cast member can choose from and mix and match products for the desired look.  I also find cast members are more honest and willing to make changes if unsatisfied.  With other counters, it depends on the person and their enthusiasm.

Lancome reps are nice but the experiences vary.  While I liked the makeup, the makeovers always got weird reactions from men.  As for MAC, I must have MAC counter repellant on me.  They remind me of the disappearing reps from best buy.  For a more natural or neutral toned look, Bobbi Brown would be worthwhile.  Dior and Chanel had awesome spring collection colors so those counters would be perfect for trends. 

Costs depend from place to place.  Call ahead and ask what the requirements are.  For Sephora, it is spend 50 dollars or more in store (or buy a gift card to use for items later).  So for instance if I need to fill up on a skincare product or item(s) at Sephora that hit the 50 USD mark, I sometimes book a makeover just for fun.  And since it is prom season, book early. 

Hope that helps. 

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • britani
    • islandqt
    • ran8