ballerinagrl

WHICH SEPHORA BRAND MAKE UP PRODUCTS DO YOU RECOMMEND?

My family relocated out of the US almost 20 years ago now, and I've had little opportunity to try Sephora brand items since. I really like the look of some of them, so I was wondering what you guys love from their make-up range?

sweetxteeth

Re: WHICH SEPHORA BRAND MAKE UP PRODUCTS DO YOU RECOMMEND?

my current absolute favorites (b/c they do what they say they do) are:

beauty4ashes

@ballerinagrl,

"...Sephora brand items..."

I really feel that the many of the Sephora make-up brushes are awesome & have incorporated many into my pro-kit! 

I actually prefer some of Sephora brushes over much more expensive well known brands.

Do I get a lot of snooty looks? Oh yeah...from artists AND clients!

I wish Sephora would open up a pro-line offer for MUA's!

HelloCoffee

[ Edited ]

YES! I forgot to post about the brushes! I have the pro-air blush and pro-air concealer brushes and they are amazing! The concealer one has made such a difference, hardly any caking anymore! Also, they come with cases/caps which I really like. 

http://www.sephora.com/pro-airbrush-concealer-brush-57-P313020?skuId=1419480

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

@HelloCoffee

"...Also, they come with cases/caps which I really like..."

I love those plastic hard caps!

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

I like the Luster Matte shadows and some of the shimmer shadows, although you really need to try what you're interested in in the store to know what will work. Some of the shimmer shadows are too glittery, to me.

My one main gripe with Sephora cosmetics line is that so many colors are discontinued, and sometimes entire product lines are eliminated or reformulated. This means if you really like something, you have to buy a backup or two. Someone just started another post in the last day or two seeking an eye shadow shade that was in the shimmer shade line and is now gone for good. I realize it's good to keep coming up with new products/colors, but perhaps keeping some of the more popular ones around would be better. Also, maybe notifying previous buyers if something is being discontinued would be beneficial.

Because of Sephora discontinuing products and colors, I rarely look at this brand for makeup.

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi ballerinagrl!

I really like the Sephora Collection's Lip Last lipstick line. This lipstick goes in some beautiful shades and lasts all day!

Another one of my favorite products from Sephora Collection is the MicroSmooth Baked Bronzer Duo. I have both of the shades and they are gorgeous! When I am short on time, I will sometimes use the lighter color in 02 Spicy Heat as an eyeshadow color. 

Best,
Randee
ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

I have a horrible feeling I will never be able to totally shake my lipstick addiction! It's interesting to hear they last all day - does that include while one is eating (as even my Tom Ford Matte collection sadly seems to slide off onto food)?

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Some of the lipstick will come off a bit when eating, but I have found that my lips still have a nice stained effect after I eat when I am wearing this lipstick. 

Best,
Randee
trishna87

(0) Hearts

The Sephora eyeliners work pretty well for me. I have this one http://www.sephora.com/retractable-waterproof-eyeliner-P230234?skuId=1118033 and for a nano I have Sephora Nano Eyeliner in Chico Choco

Pretty nicely pigmented, and I happen to have a medium skintone.

Girly2Shoes

(0) Hearts

Last year I bought a lot of their shadows and cream lipsticks. I've worn most of the lipstick and really like them, but haven't tried the shadows much yet. Also have some nano lip & eye liners.

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

How pigmented are the lipsticks? How would you compare them to those offered by other brands?

Girly2Shoes

(0) Hearts

For what and how much I use the makeup, I find them as good or better than most I've tried. I would recommend them. 

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

That's all I needed to hear! I am horribly weak willed when it comes to lipstick ...

Smokey123

(0) Hearts

I'm going to weigh in on the side of the eye liners, specifically the 12 hour waterproof pencils. For me they are just as good as another large name brand that has been a 'cult' favorite. They are easy to work with and have an awesome selection of colors. 

gingaaa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Sephora's baked blush duos are at the top of my list as some of the best blush I've ever used.  The color range is fantastic (mauve, peach, pink, bronze tones), has a flattering, not over bearing touch of shimmer and stays put all day.    Even better, the price allows you to try several!  :smileyhappy:

ballerinagrl

I was checking these out earlier :smileyhappy: Good to know the quality's great - thanks!

dolceloure

I always approach Sephora brand products with a little hesitation b/c I haven't liked that many of the products. That said, I've definitely loved a few!

-I have a Sephora Collection Foundation that I got on clearance once, which I really love, but it's not the 10 HR Wear one that's currently being sold. Still, the formulas might be similar?

-I'm not crazy about Sephora eyeshadows (except a couple of LE palettes that come and go) but I LOVE the MicroSmooth Baked Eyeshadow Trios. They're pigmented and come in such gorgeous color combinations.

-I'm also very fond of the Super Nourishing Lip Balm. It's only $5 and it works really well. Light, smooth and buttery!

ballerinagrl

I'm a lip balm addict, so that is definitely going in the basket :smileyhappy: 

A couple people have recommended the Baked Eyeshadow trios, so I'm going to cheek these out too - thanks!

HookedOnBeauty2

The Nano lip liners are a great deal at $5. I have 7 different colors and a few backups of some. I will probably get more colors. Goes on smooth, doesn't bleed or feather, lasts all day and you can find a color match for just about any lipstick. 

Today I wore the lip liner in funky fuchsia with Kat Von D Valentine. I also wear this liner with my Shiseido RS306 lacquer. So each color liner is pretty versatile to mix and match.  

ballerinagrl

I am definitely thinking of getting lip liners :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • sweetxteeth
    • dolceloure
    • gingaaa
    • mrsbaine
    • rastika