Alice purple.jpg

UD (dot) com Exclusive shades that I own and can swatch for people:

Spoiler
Revolution lipstick: Gash, Protest, Matte Carnal
Revolution gloss: Gash, Shadowheart
Blush: Satisfy
Other: Gash nail polish

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

I ordered them from Sephora and used a coupon, it still comes out for less w the coupon. I would have used the coupon for something else. I guess it doesn't really matter being that I still got them for less than $11.

They're on clearance at Sephora as of about 4 days ago (I ordered them on Friday night at the clearance price), you should be able to get the price adjusted.

Anonymous Insider

@darkiceis That happened to me too.  I used the coupon for the lipstick set.  So I saved a dollar with the coupon.  lol

oh oh ok gotcha 🙂

Friday (Dec 16th) at Macy's

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 6.57.39 PM.png

Spotted at some Sephora's so guess it should be online soon?

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 2.48.10 PM.png

It's showing up as $39 😞

I think when it comes to the bolder color palettes those are a hard sell.  I think the *average* consumer is going to stick with neutrals. 

I was surprised how quick the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca palette went last year given its bold colors. 

I definitely agree. Idk how the kvd quality was, but it might also be about the quality. This palette didn't swatch well for me; super patchy and chalky with little pigmentation. Even on sale idt I'll pick it up 

Same @pinyo I didn't like the quality of the palette. I think I swatched the KVD last year and it swatched better than the UD. I skipped the KVD last year and have skipped the UD this year- and I don't even think I'll pick it up on sale because the quality wasn't great at all.

I find this a bit upsetting. I purchased the palette on release because I am sometimes unable to get something LE. I don't mind seeing it discounted much later but this has to be a new record.

Wow I seen this and was coming to post. OMG that's crazy. Why even bother with new releases anymore?! I suppose that's probably why they never put things on sale to begin with but now with the hard times they probably can't keep the prices super high anymore!! 

Wow!

Welp.

Once again, NO reason to buy any UD palettes at full price anymore, apparently.

Seriously... this was the first UD palette release that I didn't run to buy right away. And I don't think I even want it on sale due to the horrible reviews 😞

I am trying to decide an eyeshadow palette to buy.  I already have tons of palettes so I shouldn't go buy a ton more but I want something with some oomph. I have all the naked ones and a few buxom ones.

I'm trying to decide between Kat von ds metal matte or urban decays moondust.  Which would you go for?

Or should I just try and wait?

i wish I could buy them all.... 

i would definitely get the metal matte! they are both nice, but the metal matte is LE and moondust isn't (for now). plus, i love the KVD formula more than the UD- the metal crush is amazing.

Personally, I would suggest the MetalMatte palette. Bit more versatile with the shimmer/metallic and the matte shades and the variety of colors. Moondust would just be all shimmer so you'd likely need some colors from other palette for a complete look. The metal eyeshadows are super smooth and pigmented and the matte shades I've not had issues blending. They are a bit stiffer but that just comes with the territory of matte shadows.

That's definitely the direction I'm leaning.  At least if I get that now I won't have to regret not purchasing it since it's a limited edition.   The moondust was very sparkly. Probably not for wearing at the office.  

More swatches of the afterdark palette

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 6.35.07 AM.png

More swatches of the afterdark palette

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 7.26.35 AM.png

testing