Alice purple.jpg

UD (dot) com Exclusive shades that I own and can swatch for people:

Spoiler
Revolution lipstick: Gash, Protest, Matte Carnal
Revolution gloss: Gash, Shadowheart
Blush: Satisfy
Other: Gash nail polish

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

After Dark palette coming soon - Sorry to see shades that already exist in the shadow singles line 😞

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 12.57.01 PM.png

These shades are right up my alley and are very similar to shades that I already wear. I might be in the minority but I really do like the selection of this.

It looks similar to the mufe artist palette 2.  Maybe not completely but I immediately thought of it. image.jpeg

I don't want this and I'm not interested. Hesitant to say that really because everytime I do that's when I buy 😄

A girl can change her mind!  I'm waiting for swatches to declare a side. 

True! I'm forever changing my mind about everything 😄

A couple questions for those of you who use UD's Ozone Primer Pencil -- any tips for keeping the tip from breaking while I sharpen it? And any advice for de-gunking whichever sharpener I'm using? It seems impervious to hot water, which I guess is the point 😉

It's a holy grail product for me -- has made a huge difference in my lipstick-addicted life -- but I go through it faster than I'd like due to breakage.

Are you using the lip pencil in ozone or the multipurpose primer pencil in ozone?

I have the multipurpose since its the same product in a thicker form, a lower price to start and double the product. Been using my smashbox colour corrector sharpener for it though, without much problem.

The multipurpose primer pencil -- it's awesome!! I will check out the Smashbox sharpener if I continue to have trouble.

Yeah 😄

Also I very carefully sharpen like I do my drawing tools. Need to keep it straight and use a sharp sharpener blade (they do dull over time). Angling it causes product to snap off. And I hold it a ways back to avoid softening the product at the tip too 🙂

Using the UD pencil sharpener for UD pencils is the best Thing I've done. They work beautifully together and save a lot of product.

I agree 100%. And I've taken it a bit further to have one Grindhouse for eyes, one for lips and a third for brows. 🙂

LOVE that stuff! Holy grail for me, too! It blows the BITE lip primer out of the water by far.

My personal advice is to get the actual UD Grindhouse sharpener for $10. I never have issues with breakage with it. And as far as de-gunking... well... not a fool-proof plan but I take bobbi-pins to it when it gets too out of control.

@Miradan Try popping it in the freezer for 30 minutes or something before sharpening it. This is also great for minimizing product loss when sharpening.

As for degunking a sharpener, all 3 of my sharpeners have a little pick that detaches from the body that I can use to pick out big chunks of gunk. To clean thoroughly, you can try a q-tip dipped in makeup remover, or maybe putting it in a small container with makeup remover and shaking it around to loosen and remove? I use Clinique's Take the Day off and there's nothing that stuff can't remove. 

@k617 thank you! Will give all that a try.

@KatieKabam Thanks! I actually had more breakage issues with the Grindhouse sharpener than I currently have with the NARS sharpener -- but the UD one was easier to clean

Wow, sorry to hear that! I thought perhaps you either already had or used Grindhouse, but figured I'd suggest it, anyway. Keep me posted if someone comes along with a better suggestion!

Heads up! Looks like the Naked Smoky will be on sale this weekend... Friday/Sat?

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 8.36.04 AM.png

It took me some time to get these photos and label them (for those of you that do this regularly I gotta give you major props!) but I'm finally posting some swatches of the new Urban Decay Spectrum Palette for everyone. 

Verdict: This 21 shade palette is gorgeous and has every color you could imagine. It's like the adult version of the Crayola 64 pack crayon box Id get as a kid. 

Im impressed with several of the colors that are metallic based (first pic of swatches). They are rich, pigmented and had no fall out. A few colors were less easy to work with due to some fall out (a couple shades with glitter flecks). Overall, that wasnt a deal breaker for me because there are so many other beautiful shades in this palette. 🙂

UDSpectrum.JPG

UDSpectrum1.jpg

UDSpectrum2.jpg

UDSpectrum3.jpg

UDSpectrum4.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Those are gorgeous..it makes me want this even more than the Naked 3 I was going to get with my 20$ off..as soon as I buy it tho I know it'll go on sale..it always happens..decisions, decisions!!

WOW! Those are amazing swatches @trishavt!!! Thank you!!! So you recommend it?  TBH I have it sitting here and haven't played with it yet since I heard it wasn't all that great... I wanted to know for sure I'd keep it... I try not to return things that's I've used... unless it's defective or really really poor performing.  This isn't over primer is it? Thanks so much!

testing