Alice purple.jpg

UD (dot) com Exclusive shades that I own and can swatch for people:

Spoiler
Revolution lipstick: Gash, Protest, Matte Carnal
Revolution gloss: Gash, Shadowheart
Blush: Satisfy
Other: Gash nail polish

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

@StephaniLynn Yes you can definitely warp it in the microwave.  I've done that before.  I was putting it in on 30 second bursts and of course there was one color that just didn't want to melt.  I had to scrap the whole thing because the plastic had melted in to the lipsticks.  I wouldn't recommend heating it up.  It's just not worth it.  At the end of the day, you're going to dip into the colors anyway so what does it matter if they're in there all flat and smooth?  Not worth it (speaking from experience)

Not to be a spoilsport, but some plastics, when heated, give off harmful chemicals (the plastic breaks down). So it might not be a good idea to heat the insert if it wasn't meant to be heated.

Agree. And the threshold to melt these plastic inserts is low. 

@StephaniLynn Yes it is Mac insert. I googled if I can melt lipsticks in microwave and came around a video in which the lady used this same insert in microwave. Though I did only 30 sec as was recommended in video.

Great job, @fatimamummy ! This looks amazing!

Well done! Looks lovely! 🙂 How many sample cards were needed for this @fatimamummy?

I used 6 cards @Pollu mostly because itscarin said she made her's with 6 cards so I waited until I get 6 complete. 

Thanks @fatimamummy! 🙂

Looks awesome! 

More swatches of the new UD naked

Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 5.08.53 PM.png

While I don't need/want this, I think it's a great palette that fills a need for a nice all matte natural looking palette. I see that asked for a lot and this will be a nice option!! 🙂

Don't need it either, but agree with you 100%.

Is anyone else seeing the similarities between this palette and the Stila Eyes are the Window 'Mind' palette?

upload_4523737666967383291.jpg

Yes. Absolutely. But this one was terrible ( quality wise ( in my experience ) ). Broke my heart as I loved the shades, and I love mattes. I hope the UD one will be better. But, it's UD, so you never know... ( Yeah, I'm not thrilled with their eye shadows, either. But, I am a sucker for all matte eye shadow palettes, so... I'm hoping they got these mattes right. 😛 )

I hope they got these right too.  I have a light neutral complexion and have a hard time finding an all matte palette that I love because most of them are too dark or warm toned for me.  This palette looks perfect so I hope it is good quality.  If it is then I will be purchasing 2. 😃 

yes @greenporchlights !! I did mention this somewhere as well maybe insta but I have the Stila and it totally reminds me of it!

I don't know why but I'm just not excited about this palette 😞 when I first saw the post by trendmood I was SUPER excited, but the more swatches and pics I see, the more I'm like...bleh. I do like the top row though, matte purples/mauves are hard to find

Yeah, I'm not feeling this palette too much either.  It reminds me of the Stila In the know palette.upload_6024346572582069602.jpg

Ok, that looks much better! Hopefully there will be some swatches on fair skin soon...

Love the colors, but mattes don't look good on me, boohoo. I'd love to see these colors in satin, they wouldn't have to go all glitter, just not matte.

The Urban Decay  NAKED SMOKY Palette is now

Back in Stock on Sephora! 🙂

10 Replies
testing