Alice purple.jpg

UD (dot) com Exclusive shades that I own and can swatch for people:

Spoiler
Revolution lipstick: Gash, Protest, Matte Carnal
Revolution gloss: Gash, Shadowheart
Blush: Satisfy
Other: Gash nail polish

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

Yeah, quite a difference in color there.  I'm still looking.  not an easy task finding blue lipliner.  The closest thing I have is marc Jacobs highliner in Midnight in Paris whuch is obviously an eyeliner.  

100 lip swatches video here (they're pictures, not live, if that matters).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xaixpcsXUM

They look a lot different on her, than they do on temptalia.

Thanks! They do look different on her... It's not just her (because they look different on everyone) but I think her color is off as well... Perversion is black... in the video (for me anyway) it appeared to be dark grey... almost black but not a true black like other pics I've seen. She's also missing some shades... so I guess the ones that are Sephora exclusives are the ones she is missing?

Perversion looked almost green on her face to me. I thought maybe she mislabeled junkie or something...

Omg, as much as I appreciate all those swatches, I feel sooooo bad for her lips!!!!   Now there's real dedication to your viewers!  

Thats normal though. The colours will look different on different skin tones. The girl in this link is much paler and cooler undertoned than Christine (temptalia). 

Oh yeah, I know. I should have elaborated on that. It's just really interesting to see how different they can look on different people. Also, like Veronika23 has stated, the video seems like it may be slightly off in color. Just something to keep in mind. They're still helpful and I meant nothing negative at all. 🙂

GUYS Do I need the Alice palette? I adore everything Alice in wonderland themed. I remember thinking the packaging of the 2010 one was BEAUTIFUL but I missed it (also was in school and didn't have the extra funds!). The reviews are mixed and I also am not amazing with eyeshadow. I never stray away from plain neutrals but I do want to try experimenting and practicing more. I have asymmetrical eyes (one lid is a bit droopy) so Im not very courageous with eye make up. I currently have three palettes. Chocolate bar original, PB and J and the Olivia Polermo x Ciate smokey suedes. And various mac pans. WHAT DO YOU THINK FRIENDS? Lol ❤️ Love you all. 

I needed another palette like I need another hole in the head, but I'm so happy I got the Alice palette.  The colors are amazing and I'm usually a neutral gal too.  The bright blue in the lower left corner is one of my favorite shades.  I use it as a liner and it really makes my eyes pop.  I've done that with the bright green shade as well and it looks great.  The two peach/orange colors are beautiful.  If you have the funds, I say go for it!

image.jpg

That's a tough one to answer cause only you know if you can put these shadows to good use.   There are quite a few similarities between the Alice palette and the Vice 2014 palette if you get over the fancy packaging.  Sorry for the sketchy lighting- it's 3am.

From top left to right- 

alchemy vs. cake

revolver vs. time

downfall vs. dormouse

defy vs. mirror

from bottom left to right:

brokedown vs. kingdom

sonic vs. salazen grum (exact match) 

heroine vs. bandersnatch

image.jpgimage.jpg

Oh good so I pretty much already have it....cool!! 🙂

Essentially, yes.  I couldn't help but feel it looked eerily familiar.   They basically just switched the random color order up some and added more coppery shades in place of pinks. 

Oh wow! This was really helpful thank you!

👍  The good thing is that this palette has quite a few neutrals which you like.  

A bunch of us relised a while back that the UD electric palette worked great in combination with the chocolate bar.  There's another palette to consider if you're looking for pops of color in your neutral looks.  

Does anyone know if the professional build your own large palettes have been released yet, I don't see them on the site and when I called customer service at UD they seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.

@buggirl are you talking about the Stackable Pro Artistry Palette (below)

If so they are on the Canadian website... I'm surprised they aren't available in the US yet.

3605971090011_stackable_pro_artistry_palette_alt2.jpg

yes these are the ones Im referring to, they had no idea

Wow! That's really odd... even more so that Canada has it before the US!

yes I was wondering this as well! hmmm...

Thanks @veronika23 for all the updates and posting swatches of the photos. Here are the shades that stand out to me:

• Oblivion (love-love-loving that purple hue!) 
  • Peyote
  • Tampered
  • Safeword
  • Interrogate (an orangey nude? oh my!) 

You are welcome 🙂 I can't wait to see the dupes for a few so I can confirm/eliminate some of my maybes 😄

4 Replies
testing