kenny

Under-rated Beauty Products/Brands

I know as being a savvy makeup lover like most of you on BT, I like to focus on the latest and greatest that comes out. But what do you think are the most under-rated beauty products or brands, those that just don't seem to get the same attention others do.

For me I find I don't hear much about Victoria's Secret Makeup, which is a bit disappointing since they actually put out some great products. The quality for the most part is excellent (though some are mediocre), and I haven't has any "bombs" from them. Plus they make excellent products for a "bronzed glow" look.

Another product I don't hear too much about is Sephora Collection bronzer in Los Cabos. It's a great matte bronzer, with some slight gray tones (no orange!), so it looks very natural and makes for a great contour product.

islandqt

Re: Under-rated Beauty Products/Brands

I've said it over and over that Sephora Brand products are REALLY great and I never have a problem with pigmentation, longevity etc. Yet everytime I'm there the section is ignored.

VS makeup is really very nice and I think they need to market their stuff better. They're also not presented very well on their website.

Inglot is Da bomb

Milani surprises me everytime I purchase something from them. (their mascaras and some of their shadows need some tweaking)

LA Splash cosmetics- nail polish, glitters, mineral eyeshadows and mascaras are all very good.

Sacha Cosmetics

Sleek Makeup

kimmi1115

Although I haven't bought any of the makeup products in a while, VS does have some nice products!  I had a limited edition lipstick that I absolutely LOVED.  It was such a beautiful bright pink for the summer I bought it.  

I also use the VS Pro Lip Scrub, and it is an amazing product, especially during the winter months.

starletta8

I'm currently crushing over Tarte Aqualillies and wondering if the brand makes consistently awesome products.  Tarte is a brand (like Stila), that I just automatically passed up in favor of my staples (Dior, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, NARS, MUFE, Chanel). Obviously I've been doing it wrong.

prosopon

Wet n Wild eyeshadows.  Very pigmented, so many colors, and inexpensive to boot. (Triple threat!)

Kiki1517

Sorry, for some reason I can't reply under the username, but ^^Kenny definitely try the foundation it's only $15! I wasn't crazy about the blush, I think I will stick with my Tarte ones :smileyhappy:

runy

Bare Minerals.  Not the foundation, but their loose shadows.  I know a lot of people think it's messy or don't know how to use them etc but they're amazing.  They have such amazing finishes, they allow you to wear color without looking gaudy, and it's a lot of product for your $.

kenny

(0) Hearts

I have such a huge collection of BE loose shadows, They do have some amazing shades and finishes, although I don't find them as long lasting as some of my other shadows

runy

(0) Hearts

Kenny do you use a primer underneath?

kenny

(0) Hearts

I do, right now I rotate around TooFaced, Laura Mercier and Urban Decay

nebel

I think their PRESSED shadows are amazing too! buttery, pigmented texture... really a great product!

Manda

Lorac.  I feel bad whenever I hear people do "Lorac?  Never heard of them".  They make some of the best eyeshadows out there.  I also love their lip products, which I find extremely moisturizing.  Their eye primer is amazing as well, better than UD in my opinion. Their regular primer is just as great!

Oh and lets not forget the Tantalizer!

Apocalyptica

I actually really like Elf eyeshadow and brushes! They are so affordable, but that doesnt mean they are bad products. :smileyhappy:

I also like Victoria's Secret lip gloss a lot, but I havn't had such great luck with their eyeshadows or eyeliners being very pigmented for lasting all day.

roxystar4

ohhh nice one Apocalyptica. I have a few ELF brushes and actually cant tell the difference from my Sephora ones (eyeshadow brushes).  They look really similar and feel similar too.

I like the ELF Studio Eyebrow kit in medium. It does a great job.

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

i second that! the elf brushes are amazing and really really afordable i got a whole face & eye brush set for like $60.00 with 16 brushes!

Kiki1517

Inglot. Although they are starting to get more hype now. The eyeshadows are absolutely amazing and less than half the price of MAC and 1/3 the price of Urban Decay. The foundation is great too, I like the YSM as it is water-based.

emmaclaire

INGLOT EYESHADOWS MAKE MY HEART EXPLODE!!!  I love them.

kenny

I agree! It's nice that Inglot is starting to get more recognition now too. I'v only tried the eyshadows, might have to try the foundation now too.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • runy
    • kenny
    • islandqt
    • prosopon
    • emmaclaire
    • Manda