MarissaK315

Under eye concealer that doesn't crease....HELP?!

(0) Hearts

Hey ya'll,

I'm in desperate need of an under eye concealer that won't crease or cake (this has obviously been a problem). However, I still like for it to highlight under my eyes. Something liquidy would be nice, but anything too creamy does nothing but cake cake cake. Can anyone help me out with a suggestion?

Thanks!

lew132

Re: Under eye concealer that doesn't crease....HELP?!

(0) Hearts

I've been using the MAC prep+prime pen in radiant rose as my under eye concealer. It's not thick, but it stays put and really brightens the eye area.  

LarissaLaDonna

(0) Hearts

I would suggets the mac pro long wear concealer. Set it with mac's emphasize and you will be set for the day! 

It will not crease and a tiny bit goes a long way. It blends super easy and gives a beautiful high light.

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer.  Doesn't cake, stays on, blends beautifully.  Magic stuff.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I actually don't like the MAC Pro Longwear. It's impossible to pump out to small amount and it creased like crazy. Some people have said that it doesn't need setting powder because it's so thick and matte. I tried that and it didn't work. 

I'm a bigger fan of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It's full coverage and it lasts all day on me. To highlight, I like using the Maybelline Fit Me concealer because it's thinner and it doesn't crease or cake. 

PoshDarling

I agree, Andy. I was expecting to love MAC Pro Longwear but it creased big time on me and I also found the pump to be a bit of a pain to work with. I only wanted a tiny bit, but even doing a half pump gave me way too much product.

I love Armani Master Retouch. It's consistently been my #1 concealer for years, and although I'm always trying something new, I keep going back to Master Retouch.

AmiraHall

(0) Hearts

I agree, mac prolong wear for sure sounds like what you should give a try...i reach for it the most out of my collection and I've never had it crease and yes you can use it to highlight i do...

ashleynne

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My experience with concealers is to set with a finishing powder. I do this on top of my lid and under my eye after applying/blending in. Seems to work with any concealer I use and keeps it from budging or creasing. Just offering a different tactic, might be helpful as well. :smileyhappy:

crflh

(0) Hearts

creamier thicker concealers tend to crease under the eyes because they are meant for blemishes. Eye concealers are better when in a more moisturizing or liquidy form in my opinion.

MAC prolongwear concealer for SURE. its a liquid. it is very long-wearing, full coverage, and budge proof. I apply this in the triangle shape from my eyes to the sides of my nose and up until the tops of my cheekbones. I use a synthetic brush to blend it in so it soaks up excess product and doesnt get too cakey (but many prefer using the beauty blender). after this, I set it with a little powder but not too much because it will look dry since it is a very full coverage product (it is so budge proof you may not even need to set it depending on your skin type). I have two shades, one in NC 25, and NW20. NC25 is a match when i dont want a highlight. I always use the NW20 though because it leans pink in its undertone (to conceal dark circles & brighten) and is lighter than my skin tone so it instantly adds that kim kardashian highlight. I love this and swear by it.

I use the nars creamy concealer in custard on regular days where i dont want TOO much of a full coverage look and i can say i love this also. Though it isnt as budge proof or crease proof, it does the job while offering a little more moisture. You do have to set this one well though with setting powder. Doesn't brighten as much as i would like because i got it in custard and it isnt that much lighter than my skin tone, but i just use another highlighter on top . 

I am very picky on undereye concealers because everything creases on me and makes me look older or like i have tons of fine lines under my eyes, when im in my early 20s! which is why I need fuller coverage concealers like these :smileyhappy: if you find them too drying use an eye cream before applying, and if you used too much setting powder, spray fix+ or another setting spray over it to take away the powdery look.

hope this helps :smileyhappy:

desertgirl501

(0) Hearts

I think YSL Touche Éclat does a great job of concealing dark circles while still blending easily and adding a nice, natural highlight to the eyes.  I also use it in the dark shadow on inner corner of eye (on sides of nose). 

I would recommend trying a sample in the store (if you are close to any Sephora stores), so as to determine if you like the coverage and available color shades.  This will also give you an opportunity to see if it creases on you.  (I have never had an issue with it creasing, but everyone's skin is different.)

Please also check out Sephora's available samples.  Sometimes, they offer sample cards with 3 different shades.  I have received a couple of these with my Sephora online orders.    Another tip ** you may try blotting some translucent finishing powder over concealer in an effort to prevent creasing. **  A Sephora MUA used a brush to pick up a light dusting of finishing powder.  She then gently rolled the brush under my eyes using a blotting technique.  This gave me a natural look which didn't look cakey.  (I live in a dry, desert climate, so my skin is already dry-combination.  Don't need the additional dry look under my eyes.)

Cupcakecandy

I've heard good things about the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. Also, the Mac Prolongwear is supposed to last a really long time! I am currently trying out the Maybelline Age Rewind and find it doesn't crease. I've only worn it a couple times hear and there, but so far I'm liking it! Or maybe you could try something in one of those clickety pens-those types are super thin, even more than an average liquid concealer, so they will be less likely to crease as well.

Marika123

(0) Hearts

I second both of them. I actually think they are quite similar, the difference I've noticed is that Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer still settles in fine lines slightly if not powdered while Mac Prolongwear stays put on me no matter what, it sets by itself and doesn't need to be powdered.

I do prefer Nars consistency since it feels more moisturizing and I have dry skin, but unfortunately I was not able to get good color match (Vanilla was too light and Honey too dark). For that reason I had to go with Mac, NW20 was my perfect match. It can be a little drying and I have to moisturize really well before applying it, but that's the price you pay for long wear time I guess. I imagine this might be perfect for someone with normal to oily skin type. MUA suggested applying it before the foundation, and I find that it looks best when applied with fluffy brush. It's super pigmented and you need the tiniest amount (the pump can dispense way too much, so you have to be careful).

With that being said, both are great concealers definitely worth considering, both of them are very pigmented and can cover quite extreme dark circles even without corrector underneath (I hate having another extra step in morning routine), though depending on your skin type one might work out better than the other one

Hope this helps

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • desertgirl501
    • ashleynne
    • crflh
    • Cupcakecandy
    • Marika123