Answer
freshmanfishy
URBAN DECAY and BENEFIT COSMETICS!!!!!!!

I'm hearing so many great things about Urban Decay from beauty gurus and fellow Sephora girls but is it something that I sould purchase? Some of their eyeshadow pallettes are on the exspensive side so I just need some opinions. Their NAKED palltee is around $50 so I just wanted to make sure that I'm getting my moneys worth. Like when I purchase M.A.C. I know that their eyeshadows are extremely pigmented so I feel more comfortable spending the extra money.  If you don't think that I sould spend the money than do you have any sugestions...any other brands excluding M.A.C because I'm trying to branch out and not just use the one brand. Another brand that I would like to ask you is about Benefit Cosmetics. So I was watching Juicystar07 on Youtube and she was using Benefit's eyeshadows and I'm like that looks really cute but Idk if it will look good in real life. So again I've been hearing some negative and posotive things about the brand but should I spend my money on it? I'm open to any suggestions to make up...blush lipgloss eye shadows ect. So leave your comments below and tell me what you think. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
prettyinpa
Answered

I like UD's shadows much better than Benefit's though I am sure there are Benefit enthusiasts here who will give you their side too. I think the high pigmentation of the UD shadows makes them last longer and you get a more intense color which is highly buildable.

In my opinion, there is no better shadow palette than the NAKED palette- I have 2 of them so I can keep one in my suitcase (I travel a lot) and never worry that I will be without my beloved neutral colors. This palette is such a good deal too, there are 12 gorgeous colors for $48, much less than the $17 each if you were to buy them separately from Urban Decay. 

Blush- I like NARS Orgasm or the Multiples which can be used on cheeks, eyes and lips. My favorite Multiple is South Beach.

Hope this helps~

maltipoo66
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi!  Urban Decay is known for very highly pigmented and high quality shadows, so if you want to branch out from Mac, I think Urban Decay would be your best bet.  I'm actually thinking about getting the Urban Decay Naked Palette soon-the palette seems so versatile with neutrals and smokey colors, and you really get you're money's worth since each eyeshadow comes to about $4, where if you bought them separately they'd be $17 each.    

As far as cream eyeshadows go, Benefit Cosmetic's cream shadows are very pigmented and will last a while, but on me personally powder eyeshadows (with a primer underneath) always seem to last longer.  Here's a link to the Benefit cream shadows in case you want to take a look:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P181807&categoryId=B70

For blush, I love Benefit's Coralista (I have fair skin with yellow undertones for reference), and I feel like it really brightens up my face and gives a natural flush:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P229206&categoryId=B70

My favorite lipgloss right now is Smashbox's lip enhancing gloss in Afterglow-a soft peachy shade that goes with everything.  It smells amazing (like cotton candy) and isn't sticky!  Here's the link:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P292417&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!

ran8
Answered
(0) Hearts

Well if you are close to any stores that carry either UD or Benefit, test/sample!  It is the best way to determine if these brands are right for you. Judge for yourself.  It is easy to get into the marketing and hype, buy the items blindly, and then be very disappointed.

Anyway, here are some items you might be interested in trying:

UD: eye shadow, eye primer potions, eyeliners (both 24/7 and shadow pencil)

Benefit:  Bronzers (especially for those fair skinned ladies), blush

As far as the NAKED palette goes:  If you are in need of neutrals and wear mostly neutral looks, it is a great palette to have.  I personally do not own one cause I have a plethora of neutral colors already. 

Best of luck! 

TTSS
Answered
(0) Hearts
I like the UD naked palette, but I basically never use it for "neutral"/"natural"/"naked" looks, but a lot more for the smokey eye (day and night looks) as they are a lot more darker shades in it than eyebrow highlighters or over-all-the-lid colors. UD has in general a lot more shimmer and at times glitters in this palette and very few choices in matte e.shadows. I do like Benefit, but I like actually Smashbox a lot more: same high pigmentation and a lot less glitter than UD.
Posted from Facebook
kimmi1115
Answered
(0) Hearts

From the different Urban Decay products I have tried, they have been amazing!  Their eyeshadows are absolutely wonderful, and fun and easy to work with.  Other products I've tried, so far lol, are the De-Slick Mattifying Powder, Lip Junkie Lip Gloss, 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil liner, Primer Potion, and Big Fatty Mascara.  My only complaint is the mascara's huge and fluffy brush.

I've recently tried a few of Benefit's products, and I'm impressed with it as well.  Their Posie-tint cheek tint is gorgeous.  I currently have their facial cleanser which leaves my skin soft and clean. 

All I can say is to go to your nearby Sephora and check out the tester products.  If you buy something that you end up not liking, you can always return it.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • TTSS
    • prettyinpa
    • maltipoo66
    • ran8
    • kimmi1115
    • freshmanfishy