tashalicious

Turning A Closet Into A Makeup Vanity

Why didn't i think of this before! it's so easy to do and it doesn't matter what type of closet you have it would still look amazing,  but what i really love is how much space it saves in a room. OMG I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET STARTED!!! :smileyvery-happy:  

bc30e73a8d0238a6c48d54dfc8d46f52.jpg

prettyinpa

Re: Turning A Closet Into A Makeup Vanity

The closet shown is about the size of my beauty closet which is completely dedicated to my makeup, skincare and hair stuff. It was a special remodel when were redoing the bedroom area and installing a bath also. Mine doesn't have a vanity, though, it's too full of beauty products to have any extra space (I think maybe I'm a *slight* hoarder). lol

tashalicious

do you have a separate vanity?

prettyinpa

I use a table near a window and a folding mirror because the light in the bathroom is poor. The table needs to be used for my sewing and desk, so I keep one end for makeup, but store all the actual products in my beauty closet and grab what I want when I need it.

missey1973

I saw a home makeover show once and they turned their spare closet into a small office. This is a really good idea as well.

miabt

What a fantastic idea!  I would love to convert my closet into a vanity area... and I'm sure my mr would love to not see all of my makeup & girly junk all over the place!!  But really.... what to do with all of my clothes?!

xo, Mia

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

yeah you would definitely need either an extra bedroom or an extra closet 

malday

This is great but I would totally end up with about 50 homeless dresses if I did this lol

Makeupinfinity

But where would you put all your clothes?

I like this idea, except most of us don't have walk in closets.

tashalicious

i have a spare bedroom, with a small walk in closet, the desk i want to use is too wide so i'll probably use my regular closet because it's wider, as a matter of fact i was considering turning the entire spare bedroom into a walk in closet and using the closet in that room as my vanity , i'll just have to find a table or desk that fits. :smileyvery-happy:

mberteig

I am doing the exact same thing!  We are remodeling and the spare bedroom is turning into a walk-in closet.  The closet in that room or in the bedroom will become the makeup vanity.  Would love to see/share ideas!

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

absolutely!  i'm so excited because i love the idea of a vanity but i knew it would take up a lot of space in my small bedroom, meanwhile i have a spare just sitting there empty, plus i love the idea of having the vanity tucked away in a closet with shelves, i would be able to really organize my makeup and accessories because right now it's a mess. :smileyvery-happy:

aviscardi

yea me too, im glad my current apt has a 1/2 room so i can have my vanity and dresser in it, and then just share a closet with hubby

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • mberteig
    • malday
    • aviscardi
    • miabt
    • tashalicious