Trouble finding the perfect foundation.

[ Edited ]

I can't remember ever finding a full coverage foundation that matched my skin perfectly without oxidizing or making my skin look flakey/patchy only after a few hours. I have pretty fair, dry skin. I've tried:

KVD in Light 44

Sephora's Mist Airbrush Foundation in Fair

Revlon's Color Stay foundation in Ivory

MUFE's Invisible Cover Foundation in 110

MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation in NC15

I also don't think I'll ever consider a powder foundation either because it'd just dry out my skin even more.

Please help me out, guys.

Re: Trouble finding the perfect foundation.

I agree with Kiki on this one.  I like a BB for most days, but when looking for a full coverage, I have had a hard time based on the reasons you listed.  I am currently using Tarte Maracuja for a full coverage look along with MUFE Full Coverage concealer, and I end up with full coverage results.  I have probably gone through at least 30 different med-full coverage foundation samples so far and am still looking for my HGSmiley Sad.

(0) Hearts

It's really hard for a founation to be both moisturizing and be full coverage. 

Your best bet is the YSL youth liberator foundation and Laura Mercier silk creme foundation 

From what I've been reading from where I usually look for opinions, if you mix  a drop or two of facial oil into a foundation like the Estee lauder double wear, it helps with the dry skin. 

The estee lauder double wear is known for its coverage, and lasting power, just that is made for oily skin. 

I love Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation. It's full coverage and comes in a good range. I'm really fair skinned and the fair shade matches perfectly (BB alabaster shade is too dark for me). It's kind of mousse like, and it won't show dry skin. I get dry patches sometimes and it doesn't accentuate them. It never oxidizes, and that's a huge problem for me, it always happens. And it never gets cakey on me either.

(0) Hearts

I'm in agreement.  I have the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation as well, I'm shade fair beige, and it's the only foundation that doesn't make me look to yellow or too pink and actually matches my skin perfectly.  I also have dry flakey skin but the trick is to moisturize and prime.  I use argan oil light under it (a couple good layers in the winter because my skin does get bone dry) and then the Too Faced Primed and Poreless (Tarte also has great primers) and then I use my beauty blender to apply it.  It never oxidizes but for dry skin I really have learned a beauty blender is the only way to apply foundation.  Brushes accentuate dry patches for me.

I think the problem may be that most full coverage foundations don't really work well with dry skin, most tend to be mattifying. If I were you, take a day to go around and gets lots of foundation samples to try out Smiley Happy

I would suggest going for a med coverage and spot concealing (you can also mix concealer in with any foundation to make it more full coverage:

• Tarte Maracuja (Amazonian Clay is full coverage but don't know with dry skin if that would work)
  • Armani Luminous Silk
  • YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation 
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation