knadala

Traincase, bag, storage for beauty items

(0) Hearts

I have accumulated a large amount of clutter due to having too many beauty products and I have drawers, boxes, and some makeup bags...but my collection has grown since the last time I reorganized and now I want something which looks less messy. Does anyone have a recommendation for any type of single item for beauty storage? I'm over the clear cubes and clear drawers, I want something that can hold a lot and isn't hard to move around.

I would appreciate your help! :smileyhappy:

kas045

Re: Traincase, bag, storage for beauty items

(0) Hearts

The Alex Drawer from Ikea is great. I have one and love it, and it holds a ton of makeup, makeup bags and even have a sample drawer

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/images/products/alex-drawer-unit-with--drawers__0085835_PE213729_S4.JPG

knadala

(0) Hearts

I had the Alex drawer from Ikea but 4 of the drawers broke, my collection was so heavy and consolidation that the drawers broke of the sliding metal piece that lets it slide back and forth. I don't want a repeat of that incident since weight is an issue. I was sad because I loved how simple and neat my Alex drawer looked :smileysad:

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Hey, Knadala!

For make up storage, keep in mind practicality and frequency of use of products.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/Train-case-worth-it/m-p/724041/highlight/true#M4520

The above thread has some info from myself and other uses on make up storage.

I have many "caboodle" like train cases, along with larger, more extensive rolling train cases which I use for client work and I find that they're just not that great. Rolling ones may sound convenient for travel or client work, but the large, bulky exterior really limits things and their inside design for storage doesn't make the most of what's given. If you want something for travel/easy sorting, the Zuca rolling case mentioned in the thread is wonderful. The soft body makes it easier to pack and fill up.

If you're looking to store your make up and not so much travel with it or need to tote around a client kit, I would suggest checking into tool chests. Discount hardware stores have a range of sizes from tabletop friendly boxes to larger ones on wheels.

The reason I like hardware/tool chests is because the trays are all shallow, allowing you to spread your products out wider rather than stack things too high on top of one another (who's going to go pulling out a stack of eye shadows to find one and then restack in proper order?). This allows you to lay things out side by side so you get an easy and quick visual of what you need when you go hunting for it.

Tackle and bait boxes also work well if you want easy transport with lots of space and dividers.

They're like caboodles, but the upgraded!

Kiki1517

Lylysa at some point I am going to end up with one of those pink toolboxes :smileyhappy: I have one set of Alex drawers and the matching shelf but like you said, they are not very wide. I keep all my frequently used products in my Icebox though. 

lyravega

I. Love. That. Hairdo! on your avatar pic, Kiki. Did you do it yourself? Ahmazing!

Kiki1517

Thank you :smileyvery-happy: Yes I did, I'm still growing my hair out so I've tried all kinds of ways to pull it back. Pretty sure I did a happy dance when I was able to just barely get it in a ponytail lol.

knadala

@lylysa: I liked yours and warriorwitch's suggestions for tool storage. Thanks for including pictures, it definitely looks way more spacious and the shapes of storage are in a broader range since they are made to accommodate different tools. I am planning to move in 2 months and I wanted to find something great for transporting everything in one easy unit, I am loving this idea!!!

lylysa

Some of the tool chests even have locking lids and openings so it would make travel a breeze if you get one before your move!

There's a little latch on the drawers that allow them to stay in place unless released during opening...best...thing...ever...

warriorwitch

I would go for tool boxes if your looking for mass storage that is still transportable. Start checking out your local hardware stores, there are a lot of really cool options available.

knadala

@warriorwitch: OMG that is a great idea! I will have so many more options and the prices will be better too, thank you! :smileyhappy:

poemelyric

LOL!  I have 4 traincases and I think they work well for me.  I just separated them out by brands.  I have my Dior/Lancome case, my Nars Case, my UD case and my drugstore brand case.  The trick to me is to put the stuff that I wear often on the top tiers and the lesser used items on the bottom so you can access the stuff you use faster.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • lyravega
    • lylysa
    • warriorwitch
    • Kiki1517
    • knadala