dziggi

Too Faced Summer 2014 Collection

[ Edited ]

I was on Reddit's Makeup Addiction and user MyLittleLabMonkey posted a sneak preview of the new Too Faced Summer Collection. I didn't find a previous discussion on it, so sorry if it's a repost!  All I could find is that the launch date is in April. First pics are from reddit, the last one I found on a UK site.

TooFaced1.jpg

TooFaced2.jpgTooFaced4.jpg

TooFaced3.jpg

Found some more info on the UK site:

Too Faced Summer 2014 Collection

A La Mode Eyes Palette – New

This new eyeshadow palette features 9 new shades.

Bonjour Soleil Palette – New & Limited Edition

Shades:

Chocolate Soleil – mate bronzer

Sun Bunny – natural bronzer

Snow Bunny – luminous bronzer

Brow Envy Palette –

Includes two eyebrow powders, setting wax and a brow highlighter

Liquid Lipstick –

Available in 6 rich and pigmented shades with a long-wearing formula.

Natural Eyes –

Is a revamped of the best seller palette of nine richly-pigmented shadows that pair perfectly and blend beautifully

Pardon My French Set – New

Includes:

Bonjour Summer Eye Shadow Palette

Perfect Eyes Eyeliner Waterproof in Perfect Black (Full Size)

24-hour wear Shadow Insurance (Deluxe Sample)

Waterproof Lash Injection Mascara (Deluxe Sample)

I'm excited for the bronzer & eyeshadow palette. Been trying to die Too Faced products. What do you guys think?

:EDIT: "been trying to die" wowwww... it's been a long day.

I meant to type "been dying to try." Hahha

Shrewdle

Re: Too Faced Summer 2014 Collection

I am loving the A la mode eyes palette. However, Sephora seems to only have the Pardon My French set, which has a summer eyeshadow palette with different colors? 

I've heard different answers on this - some say the A la mode eyes is an exclusive to Ulta, and other say Sephora will eventually carry it, in late April, etc. 

Can someone tell me for sure if Sephora will be carrying the A La Mode eyes palette? I'd rather buy it from Sephora than Ulta, so someone please help!!!!

talinder

(0) Hearts

Ok good I'm not crazy. I was looking for the Bonjour Soleil set on Sephora.com and could not find it ANYWHERE. I was so ticked thinking it was soldout. I had ordered it from Ulta (+ GWP), but returned it b/c I wanted to get it on discount at Sephora. I wonder if they're keeping it hidden until after Chic Week.

CuriousCannibal

have the liquid lipsticks (5 of 6) and one of the palettes. A little bummed that the bronzer palette doesn't have anything new.

image.jpg

image.jpg

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

great swatches!!! i love the fuchsia shade! and def the purple

ragdoll4mom

@Megpegegg    Ulta's flyer says the a la mode and bonjour soleil  sets are exclusive to Ulta.

SDdenm

(0) Hearts

I saw the Bonjour Soleil palette online a few days ago and then it disappeared! 

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

That's what I linked to! I wonder why it's gone?

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

If you are referring to where your link went to, it's against the forum policy to post links to non-Sephora websites.  A mod probably removed it.

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

It was a sephora website link! The bonjour Soleil palette was on sephora but the palette itself was removed. The link became a broken link on sephora's servers.

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]

Found it on Sephora today, though!

EDIT: Apparently the Bonjour Soleil palette is no longer on Sephora like I originally linked. HM.

DustyJil

The Sephora palette is not the a la mode palette.  It's a Summer Eyes collection IIRC.  their description has the shade names and a pic, they are different.  For me, more wearable.

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

So this showed up online today. I only want three shades out of the palette, so I don't know if I should really get it...

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Ohh, I missed past year's summer palettes so I do want this one, more than the A La Mode at least. Too bad it's in a set. Not at all interested in the rest of the set.....

xoxcrystal

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i was looking at this palette and i was like "ooh i want!" but then i recalled some of the names looked familiar and low and behold, only two of these shadows are different from last year's summer eyes palette. it looks like sand dollar and firefly are the only two that are differently named buti think some of the shades still look a little different but are yet named the same? is it a different formula? i already own the summer eyes so i don't know if it's even worth purchasing this palette if they're just the same shades anyways.

original.jpg

NurseCupcake

(0) Hearts

I was thinking this palette looked familiar! Then I saw the mermaid shade. That sucks, because the little makeup bag is cute. 

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

Wow... it's literally the same palette with one or two new pans. So lame!! Also, I like the one you have better. That Coral Crush looks gorgeous!

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Wow, what a lame rehash - and half the shades are really similar browns that I can find in my Chocolate Bar. Too Faced isn't winning me over with their summer collections....

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

Hmm. I don't like that the 3 browns are so similar. I know there are clear differences between the 3, but they couldn't have varied the shades a little more? 

Disappointed :smileysad:

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

Exactly! Why would you have half of a palette be brown shades? That makes no sense. 

kbmatthews

It actually really irks me that they wasted half a palette on 3 versions of almost the same brown. Bad move, Too Faced!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 123 replies
  • 164 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • ChicDabbler