Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Too Faced New Releases

A thread dedicated to new Too Faced releases, collabs and upcoming holiday releases.

IMG_9970.PNGIMG_9971.PNGIMG_9972.PNG

(Photo credit: Too Faced)

Re: Too Faced New Releases 2016

So it seems as though the Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara is discontinued. It was my holy grail mascara 😞 

Spoiler

does anybody know if there is a new tubing mascara they will add to their range next year? Or any other recommendations for volumizing, lengthening tubing formula mascara? Must be tubing formula, they are the only ones that don't give me panda eyes! Lol. 

Thwnks 

I found an estee lauder one that works almost like a tubing mascara (easy to wash off, no smearing, just not tubes exactly when it comes off). I found it at my Local TJ maxx in a set: http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/estee-lauder-double-wear-zero-smudge-lengthening-mascara/3931455

theres also the blinc brand, but I didn't feel it was particularly great at giving anything other than a natural look

I only use tubing mascaras, too, and I was going to suggest the Trish McEvoy as well. Except I use the 'Lash Curling' one instead. I tried the volume one but I found my lashes looked a bit stumpy. The curling one makes mine look a bit longer, but I have to admit it doesn't really make them curl. If you want to stick with Sephora, you can try Kevyn Aucoin which is very similar.

http://www.sephora.com/the-curling-mascara-P404811?skuId=1110030&icid2=products%20grid:p404811

Kathleen lights on youtube said she loves the trish mcevoy high volume mascara. She said it was a tubing mascara. 

Thankyou so uch @sinfully and @jozkid - I shall go see where I can get those in Canada. I wonder what made them discontinue this. 😞

@CheerMomma, Nordstrom should carry both. I always stock up during the Buy 2, get 1 free mascara sale in November and May.

Roll on May! I have two as backups so that should see me through to then. Thanks so much @jozkid

No problem @CheerMomma!

Remember tonight at 9:45 PST special announcement on Jerrod's IG page... early & limited release of the peach palette??? Probably... Who knows... I'll probably be sleeping 😄

Spoiler
http://bit DOT ly/TFsweetpeach

This white chocolate chip palette reminds me of the becca JH eye palette. Some people said it was good and others hated it. I got my white chip palette today and the shadows are soft and pigmented on initial finger swatches. Felt the same to me as all the other too faced palettes. I wonder if there are some sort of inconsistencies with these. 

@sinfully, I think you're on to something

I chalked (:P) my swatches up to having a deeper skin tone, especially after seeing @Mcakes swatches.  However after eyeballing@jesscheems post below, inconsistent quality may also be a contributing factor.

too faced.png

So I was going to excitedly post that I got my Too Faced White Chocolate Chip palette. But I am unhappy with it. Chalky, dry, no pigment with flecks of glitter =(. Heck I happened to snag one and felt like I won something even though I was purchasing this super limited item.

My thoughts/review:

Spoiler
I was SUPER bummed when I tried it. The packaging is so cute. The pans are super tiny which I already expected. BUT the quality is not there. I have other Too Faced palettes like the Budoir, Natural Matte, and the original chocolate bar which all work for me (yes, even the light shades). Light shades in those palettes do work for me and normally any shadow in my collection is easy to work with. These shadows are not only light, but not as pigmented as I would like at all! They feel gritty- almost feel like shadows you would swatch in sephora from the testers except those are dried up which is understandable since the palettes remain open all the time. This is a brand new palette so you could imagine my frustration. I don't think that this doesn't work for me because the tones are light, but rather because the shadows lack pigment and quality. They are gritty to the touch. My swatches shown are finger swatches. I tried them on my lids and it was a joke. If this works for someone I'm not bashing you, but just giving my thoughts on the palette itself. This is definitely going back!! So I feel like I've been burned by Tarte and Too Faced. Who's next? lol 

Oh ALSO before I forget, when I swatched the shadows, they did not blend out evenly (they were chunky) and I had to go over each swatch a few times to make it look even and not ugly.

that's so disappointing! not only how lackluster the quality is, but how 90% of the shades look so similar! i can barely differentiate between the lighter shades at all 😞

@unfungirl Ya! It's odd- in the pan they looked really pretty and I was admiring the shades. That is until I tried them on my eyes and finally swatched them all out =(

they did look so pretty in the pan @jesscheems! i was very tempted to order one, but waited after considered the quality of all the holiday stuff. it's such a shame because the colours looked really nice in theory! 😕

@jesscheems

Completely agree with your assessment of the blendablilty!  The mattes were patchy and took some building up and I blame the chunkiness for making that broken shadow a bigger pain to clean up from my shadow.

Sorry it didn't work 😞  Did you order the other one?

Yes some were super chunky. I felt like it was mostly baby-powder-like with flecks of glitter. A couple shades were pretty when swatched but totally a no-go on the eyes. The black was super hard to blend and barely showed and I didn't even bother taking pictures of my eyes because that's how awful it looked!

Oh no! Sorry you're not happy with yours @jesscheems 😞 That's always a bummer when a product doesn't perform the way you want it to. I'm enjoying mine so far. It's interesting how polarizing this thing is lol. 

I'm glad you are loving yours!! @Mcakes Mine is going right back to Sephora! 

Thanks for your honest and thorough review...it's sad that Too Faced released such a subpar product!

I know it really is pathetic. I can't believe they put this palette out. I have had some crummy ELF shadows perform better than this 😄 @k617

testing