Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Too Faced New Releases

A thread dedicated to new Too Faced releases, collabs and upcoming holiday releases.

IMG_9970.PNGIMG_9971.PNGIMG_9972.PNG

(Photo credit: Too Faced)

Re: Too Faced New Releases 2016

I just wanted to say that I want that ruler.

Just an FYI for anyone wondering- I bought the all matte Chocolate Chip palette and I love it!  I think it's going to be so versatile and honestly it's perfect for a matte lover like me.  Of course I am drowning in matte brown eyeshadows, but something about the undertones of these shades is perfect because it doesn't look orange on my eyes, which I struggle with a lot.  

I don't have swatches to post, but if you look them up, I will admit they look a little chalky.  For some reason the shadows don't feel great, but they are fantastic on the eyes at least for me.  So I know the White Chocolate Chip isn't all mattes, but I'm holding out hope it wears better than it swatches.  I bought it as a gift for someone!  I really want to see what looks everyone can come up with!

@starrysilver, I agree about the Matte Chocolate Chip pallette.  I used mine yesterday andI really like it!

I just got my White Chocolate Chip in the mail! 

Here are some pictures that will give you guys a better idea about the size of it:

Spoiler
cc1.jpg
It's a little over half the size of a regular Chocolate Bar 
cc2.jpg
It's as slim as one half of the "new" packaging, or half of the bottom portion of the OG Chocolate Bar
cc3.jpg
One thing I am loving right off the bat is that the mirror included is as big as the entire palette! 
cc4.jpg
It is a little bit bigger than a standard business card

Swatches:

Spoiler
s2.jpg
Natural Light
s1.jpg
Artificial Light

*more than 1 pass per swatch

this was how i was hoping the shadows would look based on the Instagram photos I saw on Jerrod's page...but the photo on Sephora's site and other swatches below had me a little more hesitant to make the purchase. It'll be interesting to see how they translate into looks. That pink duochrome is what initially got me!

The pink duochrome is absolutely gorgeous @ashacroo! It totally caught me off guard. Such a nice surprise! 

Looks really cute. Hope it works out for you =D

Thanks! I just swatched it and I am so excited to put it all over my eyelids. Yes I see how the mattes are chalky but let's be honest I don't expect much from Too Faced mattes to begin with. The shimmers are really pretty! I'll update more when I have the chance to play with it a bit. 

ohh! please tell us how it goes 🙂 very curious about the overall quality!

From Jerrod's IG... If anyone is interested.

Make sure you’re following me tomorrow night (December 1st at 9:45 PM PST) for a sweet surprise! You don’t want to miss this

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 2.22.10 PM.png

Oh no! I wanted this but couldn't catch it before it was sold out.  What's the size of it?  Like credit card size?

Ran home to meet UPS to receive the White Chocolate Chip palette and I'm beyond annoyed that I wasted the gas to do so..... The palette is way smaller than I expected (both the palette as a whole and the individual shadows) and one of the shades was shattered and got everywhere :(.   I decided to go ahead to swatch it and no bueno, will be getting a refund. 

Spoiler
TF WCC.jpg

Inside.jpg

Swatches .jpg

IMG_7258.JPGIMG_7259.JPGI got the Matte Chocolate Chip palette today and there were a few dupes from the full sized chocolate bar palette, but most colors were matte versions of the shimmer shades in Chocolate Bar - I actually like this one!

(Haven't gotten a chance to swatch or try it, but it looks super cute with its "mom").

My White Chocolate Chip should arrive later this week...  I will probably keep it even if I don't love the shades because I keep collecting these things....

So sorry you are disappointed @ElleElleG!  😞

***Update:  Maybe you are supposed to use both of them together to create a reverse Chocolate Bar palette????? 

Thanks for posting! I'm not too big a fan of the shades either.

@Tamara76 Thanks for providing a comparison of the Chocolate Bar & the Chocolate Chip, they do look similar in the photo.  IMO, the WCC would have been better if it had a greater color range and a serious pigmentation boost.  

Can you post swatches of the Chocolate Chip when you have a chance?  I'm so curious to know how this one performs in comparison.

Also, this one was not sold on Sephora right?

@ElleElleGCorrect - The Matte Chocolate Chip Palette was only sold at Too Faced direct.

I didn't get a chance to do swatches yesterday, but I'll add some today - stay tuned.... 🙂

Yikes! I hope the White Chocolate Chip is better quality than this... 😕

Thanks for posting, I was a bit bummed that I missed it but not anymore. 😞

Sorry @ElleElleG 😞  Thanks for sharing!

In case someone wanted to see more swatches...

Too-Faced-White-Chocolate-Chip-Palette-3-1440x671.jpg

Thanks for linking to that blog.

I think it's only fair to point out that this palette probably was intended mostly for really pale people. I'm so pale that I can never even use dark or medium dark colors and the lights and light mediums get used up.

For me, an all light to medium palette is perfect.

Also, white can be used with any color, not just grays and blacks. Many people put it all over the lid and under the brow to highlight and then blend other shades on top.

2 Replies
testing