chanlove

Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things Palette or Smashbox's The Master Class Palette II? Help!

Deciding which one to purchase, both seem to have really good quality and value! Opinions on either or both or something better? Thanks! :smileyhappy:

linda711

Re: Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things Palette or Smashbox's The Master Class Palette II? Help!

(0) Hearts

I just got the Too Faced palette last week and I LOVE it.  Great pigmentation, and almost all of the colors a "wearable" for me.

emmielou

Re: Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things Palette or Smashbox's The Master Class Palette II? Help!

(0) Hearts

I have the original Master Class palette and love it. (Don't get me wrong -- also a huge fan of TooFaced palettes) You're definitely getting more bang for your buck with the Smashbox option. 

My biggest criticism of TooFaced products is that their packaging is often quite bulky (and I think they know this, if you look at the redesigned Naked Eye, Natural Eye, etc. kits).

I bought the Sweet Indulgences kit earlier this year, thinking it would be perfect for traveling (shadows, blush, primer, bronzer all included) but it's packaged in a tin case roughly the size of a lunchbox.  upload_6791439986020067137.jpg

chanlove

(0) Hearts

I ended up getting smash box! love it so far, but i do wish the sadows were more pigmented! 

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

That was my biggest issue with Smashbox, the quality just isn't there pigmentation wise.  I did get the Too Faced palette, and I've been very pleased with it.  I will agree with the ridiculous packaging on Sweet Indulgences, I've been meaning to get a Z Palette for it because it's so awful to travel with.  AFOMFT was packaged really well, it's slim and not at all bulky.  I HATED the lip product though, it looked like my lips had been stung by a bee after my first and only use.  Hopefully the Smashbox palette stops being so stubborn and gives you more pigmentation!

emmielou

(0) Hearts

Are you using the shadows with a primer? I love TooFaced and Urban Decay's primers, but I think Benefit's Stay Don't Stray is the best for helping lighter shadows show up. 

annekevdb

I have the Smashbox palette and it is awesome. The quality of the products is equal to their single item products. (E.g. not like some palettes where the quality is inferion). The colors are great. The eyeshadows are spectacular - great staying power, wonderful smooth texture, amaxing pigmentation, etc. The blush is equally stellar. The one downside is that the liners get kinda messy and are only so-so.

luisanatorres

smashbox, you are getting more products in this palette

michelle164

HI ! I found the Too Faced at my local store and have been loving it all week. The colors are beautiful and the blushes are so pigmented they might be my favorite part! I've been able to do many neutral looks for work and some smokey for night, plus the lip and mascara which are great :smileyhappy: 

(new to boards excuse any mistakes but wanted to share my love for the palette and for Sound of Music references lol) 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • emmielou
    • michelle164
    • annekevdb
    • luisanatorres
    • chanlove
    • shortstuff07